THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:07 am 

Camdenite wrote:
AlexDon123 wrote:

Looking it up online, their away end can hold 1600 people in it, and reading their forum they’re saying they want at least 3000 tickets at our stadium, so i reckon if they play ball when asking for that much from us, we’ll be able to ask them to give us a decent amount than the minimum 613 they’re obliged to give us in return

Minimum you have to give is 10% of capacity or 2,000, whichever is the greater. As you say, that’s about 600 at Crawley. There’ll be discussions, but I can see them seriously limiting our allocation. We do have leverage though if they want to get into a negotiation.

They won't give us anymore than what they have to. They are not dumb. Plus I am sure like us they will have some Brighton fans who crawl(ey) out the woodwork and maybe some locals who are just bothered when good things happen. The luxury we have is that we have too much space that we can give away team what they want and it doesn't effect the home fans but don't forget the gate money is split four ways after all the play offs. There is not any financial advantage to letting loads of away fans in for any club.

Last edited by Russybcool on Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:07 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Gers wrote:
I don't go to away games any longer, health reasons and general not giving a fuckness, but if I'd travelled the length and breadth of the country following this massive pile of shit and there was a chance that some Ladybit that didn't had more of a chance of securing a ticket I'd be mighty pissed off.

As happened for the Wycombe play off away leg. ;)

As I said previously, there is at least the minimum four away games in the last year criteria this time round, but it’s arguably too low a bar.

Yup. Someone who did AFC, Crawley, Sutton and Wrexham having the same chance to get a ticket as someone who travelled the country (many times) doesn’t seem right.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:08 am 

Can anyone help me with the logic behind opening up the the top tiers ahead of opening up the corners?

Isn’t that creating a divide between our own supporters? It’s almost as if the Cowshed is being segregated from the East Stand.

How does having the top tier open create more of an atmosphere than connecting fans in East Wing and Cowshed by having the corner open?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:12 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Can anyone help me with the logic behind opening up the the top tiers ahead of opening up the corners?

Isn’t that creating a divide between our own supporters? It’s almost as if the Cowshed is being segregated from the East Stand.

How does having the top tier open create more of an atmosphere than connecting fans in East Wing and Cowshed by having the corner open?

Totally agreed. If this is all about “the tv arc” (c) A.Gibb, then it’s surely the corners that need selling first after East Stand and Cowshed sell out?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:23 am 

Camdenite wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Totally agreed. If this is all about “the tv arc” (c) A.Gibb, then it’s surely the corners that need selling first after East Stand and Cowshed sell out?

A. Gibb longer at the Club, likely a J. Cove and S. Crampton idea.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:34 am 

CleanDon wrote:
A. Gibb longer at the Club, likely a J. Cove and S. Crampton idea.

Gibb was the first one to use the phrase though in the old Home Attendance Focus Groups.

His “legacy” is all around us :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:41 am 

Camdenite wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
If i remember correctly Wycombe tickets went on sale whilst I was rather hammered on the train back from Plymouth. They sold out that or the next day. I was fuming. I did 18 away games that year and missed out to those sat at home watching sky who grabbed a ticket whilst I was on a 5 hour traii home.

You remember very correctly. Absolutely scandalous decision and exacerbated by the criteria being so relaxed that only being registered on the club database was required. You weren’t the only away regular to miss out.

Mk11 and galley peri peri did well that night as about 15 of us went to drink, watch the game and order some terrible but delicious chicken.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:44 am 

Camdenite wrote:
AlexDon123 wrote:

Looking it up online, their away end can hold 1600 people in it, and reading their forum they’re saying they want at least 3000 tickets at our stadium, so i reckon if they play ball when asking for that much from us, we’ll be able to ask them to give us a decent amount than the minimum 613 they’re obliged to give us in return

Minimum you have to give is 10% of capacity or 2,000, whichever is the greater. As you say, that’s about 600 at Crawley. There’ll be discussions, but I can see them seriously limiting our allocation. We do have leverage though if they want to get into a negotiation.

Yeah, so the minimum we should get is 2,000 as that is greater than 10% of their stadium as you say. Camdenite spot on as usual.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 am 

Max we can get at Crawley is 613. The max we should be giving to Crawley is 2k. No more under any circumstances.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:03 am 

Scribble wrote:
Clubblack wrote:
Another Club disaster decision to close Club Red/West Stand for the home play off leg. East Stand and Cowshed lower bowl open only on a first come first served basis for season ticket holders so, if you have season ticket in block 11 or east stand you are not guaranteed you season ticket seat.

We’re us this so called supporters board repenting supporters interest?

Shocking decision and own goal by the club.

It’s because the TV cameras point towards the East Stand, pack that out and the ground looks almost full.

There’s plenty of room for anyone who wants to go

This.....at least it may head off some of the 'empty bowl' rubbish from other fans when it's on SKY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 46  Next