THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:53 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
If i remember correctly Wycombe tickets went on sale whilst I was rather hammered on the train back from Plymouth. They sold out that or the next day. I was fuming. I did 18 away games that year and missed out to those sat at home watching sky who grabbed a ticket whilst I was on a 5 hour traii home.

You remember very correctly. Absolutely scandalous decision and exacerbated by the criteria being so relaxed that only being registered on the club database was required. You weren’t the only away regular to miss out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:54 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
I’ll be tagging every player and member of the coaching staff on social reminding them to do the right thing. ;)

They're not going to give a fuck about you, let's be honest.

If it's a choice of getting their wife and kids into the game, or some random bloke on X (formerly known as Twitter), who are they going to pick?

"Sorry Chardonnay, you can't come to the away leg, I've given my ticket to Camden over the internet"?

Not specific to you personally, just in general!

This post was more about the club seeing it and revising their policy as towards player comps, tbh. With, what’s expected to be, a very limited allocation at Crawley, sacrifices need to be made. After all, fans are making sacrifices in terms of their usual allocated seats for the home leg. “Bring The Noise” should not include Chardonnay.

Except for Joe Tomlinson’s family. They choose to sit in East Wing rather than up where the other players family sit.

I’m on about the away game.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:56 am 

AlexDon123 wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
I’ll be tagging every player and member of the coaching staff on social reminding them to do the right thing. ;)

If it's a choice of getting their wife and kids into the game, or some random bloke on X (formerly known as Twitter), who are they going to pick?

"Sorry Chardonnay, you can't come to the away leg, I've given my ticket to Camden over the internet"?

This post was more about the club seeing it and revising their policy as towards player comps, tbh. With, what’s expected to be, a very limited allocation at Crawley, sacrifices need to be made. After all, fans are making sacrifices in terms of their usual allocated seats for the home leg. “Bring The Noise” should not include Chardonnay.

Looking it up online, their away end can hold 1600 people in it, and reading their forum they’re saying they want at least 3000 tickets at our stadium, so i reckon if they play ball when asking for that much from us, we’ll be able to ask them to give us a decent amount than the minimum 613 they’re obliged to give us in return

Ah, but you assume we are a real football club with a man on chair who would ask for such a thing.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:58 am 

AlexDon123 wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

Looking it up online, their away end can hold 1600 people in it, and reading their forum they’re saying they want at least 3000 tickets at our stadium, so i reckon if they play ball when asking for that much from us, we’ll be able to ask them to give us a decent amount than the minimum 613 they’re obliged to give us in return

Was just about to post something similar.

Their average home attendance is less than 3500 so no reason we shouldn't have that whole stand.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:58 am 

I hate to break this to people but there is never any atmosphere at our home games anyway in any other block other than 11 and part of 12. And the ground is alway mostly empty. I sat in block 2 for the Mansfield game and they tried but you could barely hear block 11 and everyone else was sat on their hands and that was our second biggest gate of the season and at that point the biggest game of the season. Yes it sucks a little bit not to be in your seat and if you can talk to your friends and see if you can book seats together maybe. My bigger probably would be if it rains and you are at the front. You will get wet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:59 am 

AlexDon123 wrote:

Minimum you have to give is 10% of capacity or 2,000, whichever is the greater. As you say, that’s about 600 at Crawley. There’ll be discussions, but I can see them seriously limiting our allocation. We do have leverage though if they want to get into a negotiation.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:59 am 

I don't go to away games any longer, health reasons and general not giving a fuckness, but if I'd travelled the length and breadth of the country following this massive pile of shit and there was a chance that some Ladybit that didn't had more of a chance of securing a ticket I'd be mighty pissed off.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 am 

Scum. wrote:
AlexDon123 wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

Ah, but you assume we are a real football club with a man on chair who would ask for such a thing.

going off the law of averages, common sense has to prevail at this club one time? surely?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:05 am 

Gers wrote:
I don't go to away games any longer, health reasons and general not giving a fuckness, but if I'd travelled the length and breadth of the country following this massive pile of shit and there was a chance that some Ladybit that didn't had more of a chance of securing a ticket I'd be mighty pissed off.

As happened for the Wycombe play off away leg. ;)

As I said previously, there is at least the minimum four away games in the last year criteria this time round, but it’s arguably too low a bar.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:06 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Gers wrote:

As happened for the Wycombe play off away leg. ;)

As I said previously, there is at least the minimum four away games in the last year criteria this time round, but it’s arguably too low a bar.

Don't need to go to either. They're both on the telly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 46  Next