THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:36 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
And we’d sell more being cheaper making more revenue for all 4 clubs……

This doesn't necessarily quite work out though does it.

Let's do a bit of maths on this because I don't know all the kids pricing etc. But say we get 6,000 full paying adults at the current price £24 = £144,000. To reach that figure at £15 we'd need 9,600 full paying adults. Would we actually see a 50% uptake in adult tickets for a reduced ticket price?

This is often the problem. I love the idea of reducing pricing for certain games to bring in numbers. And if the target is to get as many bums in seats as possible then sure fire away, but equally you need quite the marketing push to ensure potential infrequent fans actually know it is cheaper than normal. People then may enjoy the experience and come more often, buy food and drink on the day, buy a shirt, whatever else.

So yes it could generate more revenue but only if we sell significantly more ticket than we would otherwise. And considering we had a thread the other day about not drawing a bigger fanbase, would a potential £9 saving on a ticket really be something that will be the determining factor in attracting more fans?

So for the 295 thousand people who don't go to games in the MK area if I was thinking about going paying a little bit less (even £20 that Crewe and Donny are charging each other) might be the incentive that pushes people to come. I mean silly old me was thinking this shit was all done for atmosphere, not bottom line. Ohhh I am a naive soul aren't I. Also, don't forget these tickets on the day are going to be £26. Utter bullshit pricing for the casual and I can't imagine for one second there will be many who pay on the day.

I've had a few beers but I genuinely have no idea what your point is? Are you calling me out for saying nobody cares? Or doubling down on Winky saying it is about to cash? To quote Twitter - 'genuine question'. I've had a few lovely beers. My friend just opened up a brewpub last week, its cool as fuck.

295k don't give a shit about us. They never have. £9 will do nothing to tempt them. I actually believe Winky thinks this idea is for the game is about atmosphere rather than money. I really do. I think this is a bad idea though. He also told me Alexander will never stray from his 4-2-3-1 formation at Wealdstone, we also know how we set up vs Wrexham.....

We have no idea why or if it will achieve much. If he didn';t do it many would moan for not closing the corner. Now he has done it we are moaning he's kicking us out the seat. We want cheaper tickets to draw people in but realistically cheaper tickets wont boost sales and make us less revenuve. Dammned if we do, damned if we dont.

Lets move back to Selhurst Park

It's about the BS Winky chimes mainly. Not a dig at you. If we were getting 100% of the profits I would agree with you, but we are not. We are getting 25% and as someone said Crewe made theirs cheaper. Something we would have known and agreed to. So maybe in that head of his can he stop thinking about his fucking bank balance and think about getting people in the door, which will possibly improve atmosphere. But then again he probably thinks that it will sell itself after the first leg. yes, people do turn up when there is a big game, but if there is fuck all to play for (god forbid) or people are on the fence about going £24 is not a reason to go, but £17 or £20 might be.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:05 am 

WhiteRussian wrote:
I'm sorry to be a party pooper for this but I hate this mind games sh1t. This is probably one of Crawleys biggest games ever and we own a 30000 seater stadium. If a Crawley fan can't get a seat for this match it's bloody obscene. Open all the bottom tirers and let everyone who want's a ticket have one.

Just my view.

For a bog standard league game I would normally agree with this and historically we have accommodated away teams numbers. We once let Wolves run and entire campaign of 10K to MK and on their first game here let AFC have around 3000.

This situation is a bit different though with much higher stakes so it make more sense to reduce operating costs than it does to take the additional revenue bearing in mind we only get 25% of the profit anyway. Im not certain that with a stadium the size of our we would generate much of a profit if any at all really so that might just be a mute point.

I think we could have been a touch keener with our pricing structure and reduced ours to £20 to be in line with the other teams maximum pricing but Im not sure it would have added many bums on seats that wouldnt have ordinarily come. I think the scoreline in the first leg will have much more impact than a price reduction.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:41 am 

We had to give AFC that many and oh boy didn't they sell them :cool:

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:19 am 

Crawley gave us 700 tickets. We gave them 2,010. 186% more than we got.

It is OUR stadium, not our opponents. Why should they benefit? I don't expect Crawley to give us any more than they need to and we shouldn't be expected to either.

Both clubs have stuck to the bare minimum, there is nothing wrong with that. You want as much of as advantage as possible for your home leg.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:46 pm 

Surely it's time to consider opening some more blocks now? Pretty much just singles left in the Cowshed, heading that way for East Stand too.

If you want a sit above half way up, you have very little choice.

I'd like to see the corners (on both sides of the Cowshed) opening up now.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:20 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Surely it's time to consider opening some more blocks now? Pretty much just singles left in the Cowshed, heading that way for East Stand too.

I was thinking that earlier, with a week to go, and fingers crossed a decent first leg result, that has to come.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 5:13 am 

They won't open the corner(s) - as aluded to earlier in this thread they want to make it as difficult as possible to get onto the pitch. PW etc are shitting themselves over that possibility.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 7:24 am 

Alby39 wrote:
They won't open the corner(s) - as aluded to earlier in this thread they want to make it as difficult as possible to get onto the pitch. PW etc are shitting themselves over that possibility.

Do you have inside info on this?
I have been waiting for the corner to open before buying tickets.

If people want to get on the pitch they will, netting or no netting. Netting just makes it more dangerous.
Think I might have to buy down towards the away end as don't want to end up upstairs.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 7:56 am 

East Wing Don wrote:

when I looked yesterday they hadn't opened block 10 or 13 in the upper tier or any East stand upper tiers. I am sure in his dense mind they will be opened first before any corners would be considered. However, wait till Tuesday as that is when I can see interest going mental depending on the result. Thing is opening the corners would be an absolute piss take if you sit in them normally and had already booked tickets elsewhere

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 8:12 am 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

when I looked yesterday they hadn't opened block 10 or 13 in the upper tier or any East stand upper tiers. I am sure in his dense mind they will be opened first before any corners would be considered. However, wait till Tuesday as that is when I can see interest going mental depending on the result. Thing is opening the corners would be an absolute piss take if you sit in them normally and had already booked tickets elsewhere

I’m just going to move my seats if they open the corners

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 47  Next