THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:58 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
Mental Crawley are charging £15 for their home fixture. That’s how you show fans you care, Pete

Think we need to pin this as it keeps coming up: Crawley are charging their standard pricing. We are charging our standard pricing. Anything outside of standard pricing has to be approved by all 4 teams.

I agree though, their standard pricing is very reasonable.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:04 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Mental Crawley are charging £15 for their home fixture. That’s how you show fans you care, Pete

Think we need to pin this as it keeps coming up: Crawley are charging their standard pricing. We are charging our standard pricing. Anything outside of standard pricing has to be approved by all 4 teams.

I know, but why would any of the other 3 teams reject a cheaper ticket price? Just shows who really cares about their fans.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:04 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:

I know, but why would any of the other 3 teams reject a cheaper ticket price? Just shows who really cares about their fans.

Because all 4 clubs split the revenue.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:17 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:

And we’d sell more being cheaper making more revenue for all 4 clubs……

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:21 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:

Not with half the stadium shut ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:15 pm 

CleanDon wrote:

This doesn't necessarily quite work out though does it.

Let's do a bit of maths on this because I don't know all the kids pricing etc. But say we get 6,000 full paying adults at the current price £24 = £144,000. To reach that figure at £15 we'd need 9,600 full paying adults. Would we actually see a 50% uptake in adult tickets for a reduced ticket price?

This is often the problem. I love the idea of reducing pricing for certain games to bring in numbers. And if the target is to get as many bums in seats as possible then sure fire away, but equally you need quite the marketing push to ensure potential infrequent fans actually know it is cheaper than normal. People then may enjoy the experience and come more often, buy food and drink on the day, buy a shirt, whatever else.

So yes it could generate more revenue but only if we sell significantly more ticket than we would otherwise. And considering we had a thread the other day about not drawing a bigger fanbase, would a potential £9 saving on a ticket really be something that will be the determining factor in attracting more fans?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:03 pm 

CleanDon wrote:

I thought they were called Crawley Town? AKA The Red Devils?

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:07 pm 

Sounds like we've only given Crawley the minimum of 2,010 tickets according to their fans.
Fair enough although not sure how many they'd actually be capable of bringing even if we wanted to give more. Doesn't make much sense to go above 2k when we'd only get 1/4 of the receipts (minus expenses) anyway

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:10 pm 

AB4 wrote:
Sounds like we've only given Crawley the minimum of 2,010 tickets according to their fans.
Fair enough although not sure how many they'd actually be capable of bringing even if we wanted to give more. Doesn't make much sense to go above 2k when we'd only get 1/4 of the receipts (minus expenses) anyway

We've given them an extra 10 tickets then. They should count themselves lucky.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 10:02 pm 

I'm sorry to be a party pooper for this but I hate this mind games sh1t. This is probably one of Crawleys biggest games ever and we own a 30000 seater stadium. If a Crawley fan can't get a seat for this match it's bloody obscene. Open all the bottom tirers and let everyone who want's a ticket have one.

Just my view.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 47  Next