THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 4:14 pm 

BracknellDons wrote:
I did expect a more reasonable approach to the situation from you Dan, given, you've had your own experiences of trying to drum up atmosphere and challenging the club to think differently. Not digging you out, just making an observation.

I guess that's just because of a hardening of my views over the last seven or eight years. The club always felt a bit cold and aloof and corporate, even in the KR days, but that's got ten times worse, especially since Andy Cullen left.

So many people, including myself and many other people on this forum, have tried over the years "challenging the club to think differently", which I think is a very good way of describing it.

Very few of us have ever got much further than getting the club to pay some half-arsed lip service, or getting their initiatives hijacked.

DonsAction are going through it right now: they do their own hashtag-based campaign to drum up support for the playoffs, and then the club launches its own completely different one a week or so later. The DSA under WellDon had it with the Lewington's fiasco: remember the statement when they redid it that it was "requiring further investment from the club"? The inference was clear (to me at least): we're in charge, it's our club not yours, and you should be grateful for whatever we decide to do for you.

As far as this specific issue is concerned, it seemed to take all of us in the fanbase by surprise. Which suggests to me that nobody was consulted about it - not DA, not the DSA, not the Supporters Board (if anyone has any info to the contrary, I absolutely stand to be corrected on that!). It underlines the increasing feeling that I've had over the last few years: that PW can't even be bothered to pretend to give a fuck about the fans like he used to.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 4:24 pm 

Magpie wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
BristolDon wrote:
I normally sit in the corner when I go. I like the view there, but am one of the people that will tolerate moving to the cowshed for this.
However, I completely get that some fans are upset about not being in their usual seat and surrounded by their regular mates. It'll be a shame they're not there, but fair pay to them for sticking by their principles and also not going to the final if we make it, where they also wouldn't be sat in usual seats and surrounded by their regular mates.

I'm assuming anyone boycotting is also going to watch the final at home on Sky, yeah?

Why would the final at a stadium we have only been to once in our existence have "regular seats". I don't know if you are trying to be cute, but there will be shit loads of customers there who never have been to our ground probably since the Championship days if at all. I mean 4k extra came out the wood work for both Wrexham and Mansfield. Do you have the same contempt for them too?

At least they turn up for big games unlike some of our so called fans :lol:

As I said I dont have any skin in this game as I have my usual seats. Your comment above sums up the issue and its astounding you dont see it. Its not about the big games, we have a massive ground and there will always be seats for the once a year heros. Can you honestly not see how someone who sat through the disaster of last season and some of the absolute shoeings we have taken this season not being able to get their seat because a once a season hero has managed to occupy it because they have a mate with a season ticket? My eldest son has followed this club the length and breadth of the country for several years but due to moving to uni doesnt have a season ticket this year and cant get a crawley ticket because someone like you has managed to secure it despite not giving enough fucks to bother with the league game at the same ground? can you not see that?

Never did I say I didn’t see it. Never did I say you can’t be annoyed. Be as annoyed as you like and voice your displeasure - but if you let it stop you coming to the home game altogether you really should think about your priorities and pick up the toys you’ve thrown out of your pram.

Moving four rows or missing out on watching us getting to Wembley and breaking our play-off curse? Not a difficult one.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 4:27 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
BracknellDons wrote:
I did expect a more reasonable approach to the situation from you Dan, given, you've had your own experiences of trying to drum up atmosphere and challenging the club to think differently. Not digging you out, just making an observation.

I guess that's just because of a hardening of my views over the last seven or eight years. The club always felt a bit cold and aloof and corporate, even in the KR days, but that's got ten times worse, especially since Andy Cullen left.

So many people, including myself and many other people on this forum, have tried over the years "challenging the club to think differently", which I think is a very good way of describing it.

Very few of us have ever got much further than getting the club to pay some half-arsed lip service, or getting their initiatives hijacked.

DonsAction are going through it right now: they do their own hashtag-based campaign to drum up support for the playoffs, and then the club launches its own completely different one a week or so later. The DSA under WellDon had it with the Lewington's fiasco: remember the statement when they redid it that it was "requiring further investment from the club"? The inference was clear (to me at least): we're in charge, it's our club not yours, and you should be grateful for whatever we decide to do for you.

As far as this specific issue is concerned, it seemed to take all of us in the fanbase by surprise. Which suggests to me that nobody was consulted about it - not DA, not the DSA, not the Supporters Board (if anyone has any info to the contrary, I absolutely stand to be corrected on that!). It underlines the increasing feeling that I've had over the last few years: that PW can't even be bothered to pretend to give a fuck about the fans like he used to.

Supporters board were definitely consulted. Looking forward to the minutes of their last meeting being released.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 4:28 pm 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
Magpie wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
BristolDon wrote:
I normally sit in the corner when I go. I like the view there, but am one of the people that will tolerate moving to the cowshed for this.
However, I completely get that some fans are upset about not being in their usual seat and surrounded by their regular mates. It'll be a shame they're not there, but fair pay to them for sticking by their principles and also not going to the final if we make it, where they also wouldn't be sat in usual seats and surrounded by their regular mates.

I'm assuming anyone boycotting is also going to watch the final at home on Sky, yeah?

Why would the final at a stadium we have only been to once in our existence have "regular seats". I don't know if you are trying to be cute, but there will be shit loads of customers there who never have been to our ground probably since the Championship days if at all. I mean 4k extra came out the wood work for both Wrexham and Mansfield. Do you have the same contempt for them too?

As I said I dont have any skin in this game as I have my usual seats. Your comment above sums up the issue and its astounding you dont see it. Its not about the big games, we have a massive ground and there will always be seats for the once a year heros. Can you honestly not see how someone who sat through the disaster of last season and some of the absolute shoeings we have taken this season not being able to get their seat because a once a season hero has managed to occupy it because they have a mate with a season ticket? My eldest son has followed this club the length and breadth of the country for several years but due to moving to uni doesnt have a season ticket this year and cant get a crawley ticket because someone like you has managed to secure it despite not giving enough fucks to bother with the league game at the same ground? can you not see that?

Never did I say I didn’t see it. Never did I say you can’t be annoyed. Be as annoyed as you like and voice your displeasure - but if you let it stop you coming to the home game altogether you really should think about your priorities and pick up the toys you’ve thrown out of your pram.

Moving four rows or missing out on watching us getting to Wembley and breaking our play-off curse? Not a difficult one.

So we can expect to see you in the arse end of buttfuck next season on a Tuesday night in the winter can we? or is not going to that allowed for some spurious reason? Having a go at loyal fans who spend thousands a year and so much time following the club because they arent keen on something that directly affects them when you rock up once or twice a season for the so called big games. You can get to fuck with that.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 4:38 pm 

Magpie wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Magpie wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
BristolDon wrote:

So we can expect to see you in the arse end of buttfuck next season on a Tuesday night in the winter can we? or is not going to that allowed for some spurious reason? Having a go at loyal fans who spend thousands a year and so much time following the club because they arent keen on something that directly affects them when you rock up once or twice a season for the so called big games. You can get to fuck with that.

Is that arse end of buttfuck Town or United? Will let you know.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 4:57 pm 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
Magpie wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Magpie wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
BristolDon wrote:

Do you know Aliramone ?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 5:11 pm 

Magpie wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Magpie wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
BristolDon wrote:

To be honest, I think he's at every single game, and has the best seat in the house.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 5:30 pm 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
Magpie wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Magpie wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
BristolDon wrote:

Creepy Council Kev will be in touch.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:42 pm 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
Supporters board were definitely consulted. Looking forward to the minutes of their last meeting being released.

Yeah, that'll be really useful for everyone when they got posted in about three weeks' time. :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:55 pm 

Mental Crawley are charging £15 for their home fixture. That’s how you show fans you care, Pete

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 47  Next