THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:35 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
It's one match and he's explained why. Not to get more money but, may be, try something different for a better outcome. FFS get behind the boys.

I would stick to cock jokes mate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:38 pm 

Digger wrote:
Gers wrote:
There's no need to do it. Apart from you and him it's been universally condemned by the entire fan base.

That's a bit of a sweeping statement.... I personally haven't seen evidence of 5,000 plus people up in arms.

I was, until this season, a "corner dweller" and all I ever heard was "shut the corners to create an atmosphere by grouping us altogether". This started to happen in the cups and I like many others now had to fight for free spaces in other parts of the ground. The other season those involved in the "White Paper" decided to move the entire family corner into the standard corner and replace the Family Corner with the "Community Corner". I'm still struggling with that logic but frankly it was the last straw for me as a corner dweller and I moved this season to Club Red........

Pete's well aware of this forum and the various other Social Media "outlets" and has seen the "close this section" and the ""group us together to create an atmosphere" posts.

Be careful what you wish for because he seems to have listened to you all and done what you've been suggested over the years. As he says he's doing it to boost the atmosphere with the hopes that it'll give us enough of a boost to get past the dreaded play off semis that we've always failed to do.

No amount of moaning will change anything now so we all need to get behind the team for this one match. We can have the inquest after that, you never know it might just work.

Great post. Massive overreaction to this imo for a single game. I hope those suggesting that they won't be renewing their STs change their mind next season.
As you say, lots of people wanting to close the corners are now calling it a stupid idea. And we've got an awful record in play offs but he tries something different and gets crucified. PW might not be as arsed with the club as he once was and he has obviously pissed a lot of people off but the club needs us for this one game.
If we get to Wembley, we'll be sitting wherever we can get tickets anyway and are just as likely to not sit near your mates as you are on Thursday night.
Be pissed off, say bad things on Twitter, moan to your friends and family and then come along to the home game and help get us over the line, please

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:40 pm 

AB4 wrote:
Digger wrote:
Gers wrote:
There's no need to do it. Apart from you and him it's been universally condemned by the entire fan base.

That's a bit of a sweeping statement.... I personally haven't seen evidence of 5,000 plus people up in arms.

I was, until this season, a "corner dweller" and all I ever heard was "shut the corners to create an atmosphere by grouping us altogether". This started to happen in the cups and I like many others now had to fight for free spaces in other parts of the ground. The other season those involved in the "White Paper" decided to move the entire family corner into the standard corner and replace the Family Corner with the "Community Corner". I'm still struggling with that logic but frankly it was the last straw for me as a corner dweller and I moved this season to Club Red........

Pete's well aware of this forum and the various other Social Media "outlets" and has seen the "close this section" and the ""group us together to create an atmosphere" posts.

Be careful what you wish for because he seems to have listened to you all and done what you've been suggested over the years. As he says he's doing it to boost the atmosphere with the hopes that it'll give us enough of a boost to get past the dreaded play off semis that we've always failed to do.

No amount of moaning will change anything now so we all need to get behind the team for this one match. We can have the inquest after that, you never know it might just work.

Great post. Massive overreaction to this imo for a single game. I hope those suggesting that they won't be renewing their STs change their mind next season.
As you say, lots of people wanting to close the corners are now calling it a stupid idea. And we've got an awful record in play offs but he tries something different and gets crucified. PW might not be as arsed with the club as he once was and he has obviously pissed a lot of people off but the club needs us for this one game.
If we get to Wembley, we'll be sitting wherever we can get tickets anyway and are just as likely to not sit near your mates as you are on Thursday night.
Be pissed off, say bad things on Twitter, moan to your friends and family and then come along to the home game and help get us over the line, please

Where do you sit then?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:46 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
AB4 wrote:
Digger wrote:
Gers wrote:

Where do you sit then?

This! It’s such a silly argument to suggest we can’t be annoyed by it. We’ve been mistreated enough and now being told we can’t sit where we want without being consulted. The argument of Wembley is ridiculous and non existent. If Pete wanted the best atmosphere then keep everyone happy.

Way to piss off people. .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:47 pm 

Bedfordian wrote:
I know a lot of people don’t care about this but I do. One of the most disappointing aspects is that the fella I sit beside in Club Red told me yesterday that he wasn’t renewing his season ticket next year as he was getting too old and it was all getting a bit difficult.

At the end of the game we both said to each other ‘see you at the play-off game’ which of course would be the last time we’d see each other. If I’d known we wouldn’t be getting our seats I might have said a more fulsome goodbye.

It’s a stupid, little thing and of course Winkelman won’t give a monkeys but despite not being ‘friends’ away from the ground, you do make bonds at games and would hope the club might understand and respect that.

Wow that's hit me hard.
Feel similar, one of the first things I said was oh no we won't be sat with our mk dons pals.

Haven't bought tickets today as hoping the corner gets opened. I also would like to know if I buy now would I be able to swap seats. I hate that cramed in feeling of everyone packed together.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:48 pm 

Everyone I’ve seen saying ‘it’s just one game’ ‘it doesn’t matter where you sit’ ‘you’ll still get tickets’

Sits in the Cowshed or East Stand.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:50 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Everyone I’ve seen saying ‘it’s just one game’ ‘it doesn’t matter where you sit’ ‘you’ll still get tickets’

THIS!!!

Fed up of reading ‘Just buy a ticket and support the boys.’ Why couldn’t I do that from my seat I’ve had for years.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:51 pm 

Bedfordian wrote:
I know a lot of people don’t care about this but I do. One of the most disappointing aspects is that the fella I sit beside in Club Red told me yesterday that he wasn’t renewing his season ticket next year as he was getting too old and it was all getting a bit difficult.

At the end of the game we both said to each other ‘see you at the play-off game’ which of course would be the last time we’d see each other. If I’d known we wouldn’t be getting our seats I might have said a more fulsome goodbye.

It’s a stupid, little thing and of course Winkelman won’t give a monkeys but despite not being ‘friends’ away from the ground, you do make bonds at games and would hope the club might understand and respect that.

Pete. John Cove. Simon Crampton.

I hope you’re happy reading this. I hope your ivory tower seats with a three course meal makes it worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:52 pm 

I'd had a drink yesterday and thought it wise to get off the forum - the last thing I wanted to do was to offend or start arguments with anyone especially as we're trying the #DonYourWhite campaign and don't want to lose anyone who we had on board, but not least because this has happened to me, and many others before so we know how it stinks.

There's been numerous cup games down the years where we've been made to sit in the West Stand/Club Red. My dad, had to park in his usual spot and walk all the way around, a man who can't walk more than about 20 steps without needing to stop. When we got relegated in 2018, they shut gate 4 - they were making supporters, like him and no doubt many others walk all the way from the parking spot opposite McDonald's near the away end, to the Cowshed corner entrance of gate 5, to walk all the way back up in the same direction just inside the ground to get to his seat on the half way line of the East Stand... we all fought for this to be amended, and it was. Because my dad frankly was dreading going and really not looking forward to it. He's very stubborn and won't use a wheelchair, so wouldn't get one just because the club shut a turnstile. And he can't use walking sticks because they hurt his hands with arthritis.
The fact he was probably going to hand his season ticket in just because of that, spoke volumes so I totally get how these things can affect people.

But, whilst principle is important to me, I'm very principled and have my own - I think that not going hurts the players more than it hurts Winkelbot. They NEED us, now more than ever this season. Even if you believe Winkelbot has shot himself, and the players in the foot with this decision, I think we should still be getting behind the players. The honour and privilege of playing in the play offs with a chance to get to Wembley outweighs any grievance, in my opinion. I just hope that when the game rolls around, a few would've slept on it and realise that. We're in for a huge occasion. An "I was there moment." Complain after, and as Digger said, we might get somewhere.

They tried to shut the corners, and I'll be honest I used to be in favour of that proposal but people like BCS changed my mind. But again, that was indefinite - not as a one off.
There have been games where we've all been forced into Club Red for cup games, friendlies, and I had to move over there, as mentioned earlier it was really tough on my dad.
It's changed more recently where cup games post covid have been East Stand based - didn't see much complaining g about Steveage, Sutton, Taunton etc.
I totally get the gripes and the earlier post in regards to the old gentleman who wo t be seen again is a sad read. That kind of thing matters and I get that as much as anyone. But I'd do anything to get to a game and see Dons if I can - let alone moving a seat for the biggest game of the season.
So I hope by the time it comes around there's a change of heart by some of you guys. Alex Gilbey, Max Dean, Joe Tomlinson, Lewis Bate, Warren O'Hora etc all need us. All of us, if we can make it.

As I said, I totally get the gripes - I'm as anti the hierachy as anyone atm.. this post isn't a middle finger, a "grow up" or a "you're not wanted anyway" kind of post. I'm putting my unpopular view across as sensibly as I can to make a point

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:59 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:

I sit in the standard corner, and I’m very sad it’s shut, but I still want to be there to see us in the play-offs so I’ll be in the east stand. I’m massively against shutting any part of the ground, especially my corner. But there isn’t anything I can do about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 46  Next