THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:05 am 

I know a load of people, a good 14 who are season ticket holders that sit in Club Red, have done so for years and spent £1000s on tickets in the process, to now be moved, not be able to enjoy their matchday how they have for the last 10+ seasons, with friends they have built up each year.

I also know of two East Stand season ticket holders not going, after trying to get their regular seats but finding out someone else has already bought them. The closest available was four rows lower.

It never ceases to amaze me, the club needs to look internally for answers, not externally and punishing the fans for the sake of appearing "fuller" to the armchair supporters on TV who wouldn't attend anyway.

You shouldn't need to close sections of your own stadium for the biggest home match of the season. You should ask why the casuals aren't willing to come along instead of sitting at home. Reduce ticket prices? Make something free from the Kiosks with your ticket? Heck, giving away free tickets to all under the age of 16 and anyone who was part of the youth club Takeover Days.

What's more important? Ten empty seats you are getting no money for, or 10 free tickets given, that 2 might just buy some food from a kiosk, a match programme or a Shirt from the Club Shop.

It's OUR club as fans just as much as it is Pete's. If there's no fans, there's no MK Dons.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 am 

Quote:
You shouldn't need to close sections of your own stadium for the biggest home match of the season. You should ask why the casuals aren't willing to come along instead of sitting at home.

And this, PW, should make PW cry.

So much this.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:34 am 

SteelbackDon wrote:
I know a load of people, a good 14 who are season ticket holders that sit in Club Red, have done so for years and spent £1000s on tickets in the process, to now be moved, not be able to enjoy their matchday how they have for the last 10+ seasons, with friends they have built up each year.

I also know of two East Stand season ticket holders not going, after trying to get their regular seats but finding out someone else has already bought them. The closest available was four rows lower.

It never ceases to amaze me, the club needs to look internally for answers, not externally and punishing the fans for the sake of appearing "fuller" to the armchair supporters on TV who wouldn't attend anyway.

You shouldn't need to close sections of your own stadium for the biggest home match of the season. You should ask why the casuals aren't willing to come along instead of sitting at home. Reduce ticket prices? Make something free from the Kiosks with your ticket? Heck, giving away free tickets to all under the age of 16 and anyone who was part of the youth club Takeover Days.

What's more important? Ten empty seats you are getting no money for, or 10 free tickets given, that 2 might just buy some food from a kiosk, a match programme or a Shirt from the Club Shop.

It's OUR club as fans just as much as it is Pete's. If there's no fans, there's no MK Dons.

Nail on head. Anyone saying just get on with it, this is the issue.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:35 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
All that for a snappy slogan.

It's not even snappy. It's rubbish.

Here it is on a shitheap of a racing car 12 years ago, promoting Tesco own brand energy drink.

DonsAction work so hard to get together a campaign and MK Dons ignore that hashtag and make their own.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:52 am 

In fairness they did put it on one of their promos and have liked/retweeted DA's posts.
It's an independent campaign, think the club have respected that and the little bits they can do to help is welcomed as with everyone's help.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:55 am 

Alby39 wrote:
In fairness they did put it on one of their promos and have liked/retweeted DA's posts.
It's an independent campaign, think the club have respected that and the little bits they can do to help is welcomed as with everyone's help.

I agree. I also think if the club just ran with #DonYourWhite, they'd get stick for stealing DA's idea.

I think two campaigns is fine. It's clear to see how well DA are doing on their promotion, so the club are happy to leave them to it. They're not mutually exclusive and both drive a different incentive. Hoping we'll have a loud stadium (despite PW closing half of it) and a lot of white shirts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:58 am 

Have Crawley started selling the tickets for their away fans for the 2nd leg? Really hope the club use some common sense and stick them in the opposite corner to usual so that they're not looking down on the totally empty side of the stadium.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:00 am 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Have Crawley started selling the tickets for their away fans for the 2nd leg? Really hope the club use some common sense and stick them in the opposite corner to usual so that they're not looking down on the totally empty side of the stadium.

I don't think they have. Also, you just know they won't do that. PW doing everything he can to get it to look full on Sky, yet we'll get an absolute bombardment on the socials when Crawley upload their view.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:03 am 

Casual Bystander wrote:
It’s like someone comes up with an idea which, in absolute isolation sounds good, and everyone says “ooh, that’s brilliant” instead of applying a bit of thought to it to see if it actually is a good idea.

The “good” bit is obviously to bunch supporters together to make a bit more noise. There’s more of an atmosphere, looks better on tv, etc.

The reality is you’re moving sections of the ground (family corner for example):

Who may not be singers
Who may be uncomfortable in those areas and be even quieter than usual
Who may be uncomfortable in those areas and decide not to go
Who may “dissolve” the singing by separating groups of singers

It won’t look better on TV as there will be large areas totally empty seen by the cameras as they pan around, rather than a good scattering of supporters. Put everyone in the lower tier as usual a the cameras won’t be pointing at the upper tier much either.

So on balance it might not be such a good idea after all, so have a bit of a rethink.

If I can’t book my seat I won’t go, some of the people sitting around me have said the same, all because of the reasons I’ve listed above. We’ll just watch it in the pub instead, so the club lose out both in money and in any contribution to the atmosphere/noise we would have made (however small).

The whole thing smacks a little of Pete having a meeting with #Donsaction. Pete deciding that he best do something to show he listens to the fans and comes up witht this absolute shit show and as he's down with the yoof decides he better #it #BringTheNoiseMK absolute bollox. I'll add this is no critisism of Donsaction, they're excellent, but I can definitely see this scenario happening.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:12 am 

After 30 odd threads, a few days and however many tweets I have to say I'm still unsure how I feel about the decision

On one hand I get the intention of Winky. He's trying to push for a better atmosphere at the stadium, the idea of condensing fans should help achieve that and for the last decade many fans on every platform have suggested that closing the corners can achieve that.

However, as my name suggests, I sit in the corner. I no longer attend games as I left England however I truly don't believe anyone who has sat around me for the last decade will significantly contribute to a better atmosphere. I like my view, I like the people I sit with and fuck it, whilst I love falling over in crazy celebrations on away games I actually quite like the peacefulness of where I sit at home games. Sorry, maybe I'm a happy clappy. But over a decade sitting there, many emails and online posts pushing no to close the corner (with some success) shows there's more of us.

I just feel Winky is now in a position of 'damned if he does, damned if he doesn't'. So many of our fan base are desperate to call him out for anything and everything these days - and to an extent some of it is justified.

I understand why he wants to do something to improve the atmosphere. I understand why he has closed the corners as so many fans have been desperate for it to happen for years. However I feel this wasn't well thought out, it will piss people off, and my 60 year old parents who prefer the view will not make any more noise by being sat behind the goal than they do now because they will still rather enjoy their soup from a thermos than stand up chanting anthems.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 47  Next