THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 8:37 am 

Ourdream17 wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
They won't open the corner(s) - as aluded to earlier in this thread they want to make it as difficult as possible to get onto the pitch. PW etc are shitting themselves over that possibility.

Do you have inside info on this?
I have been waiting for the corner to open before buying tickets.

If people want to get on the pitch they will, netting or no netting. Netting just makes it more dangerous.
Think I might have to buy down towards the away end as don't want to end up upstairs.

No Intel, just seems pretty obvious to me. Winkelbot won't want a fine, we are now entering the stage of the season the likes of talkSPORT and Henry Winter love to bang on about how disgusting pitch invasions are and Winkelbot won't want to lose any friends. I reckon he was appalled by the Mansfield one and never wants to see it again. As I said, this is all speculation, but it seems obvious to me that it's easier to keep fans off with 2 lines of available stewards in front of each open stand than it is to have them line up 3 stands and the corners.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 10:17 am 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Surely it's time to consider opening some more blocks now? Pretty much just singles left in the Cowshed, heading that way for East Stand too.

If you want a sit above half way up, you have very little choice.

I'd like to see the corners (on both sides of the Cowshed) opening up now.

when I looked yesterday they hadn't opened block 10 or 13 in the upper tier or any East stand upper tiers. I am sure in his dense mind they will be opened first before any corners would be considered. However, wait till Tuesday as that is when I can see interest going mental depending on the result. Thing is opening the corners would be an absolute piss take if you sit in them normally and had already booked tickets elsewhere

I’m just going to move my seats if they open the corners

Is that easily done? I am thinking the same. Season ticket is corner.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:54 am 

I've done it before over the phone. That was a couple of years ago, mind.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 12:16 pm 

Judging by the number of seats left, would be prudent to open a few more blocks now. Like today.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 12:43 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
Judging by the number of seats left, would be prudent to open a few more blocks now. Like today.

Honestly, I would not be at all surprised if they didn’t open any more blocks.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 1:17 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

Honestly, I would not be at all surprised if they didn’t open any more blocks.

They used to double sell tickets at the NHS so wouldn't surprise me either. We can all sit on top of each other. Kev would like that.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 2:25 pm 

Scum. wrote:
They used to double sell tickets at the NHS so wouldn't surprise me either. We can all sit on top of each other. Kev would like that.

You're obsessed (to end of tip). Fair enough will PM you with our seat number so you can enjoy the pungency of our odour, live, so to speak. Think a fishmonger's bucket left out in the sun all day.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 3:26 pm 

They've just opened Block 10A, which is another one in the upper tier of the Cowshed.

They're obviously going to have to open more than that but I think PW knows that he's dug himself a hole and whatever he does next he'll get criticised. Open the upper tier in the East Stand and people will complain that the corner isn't open. Open the corner and those season ticket holders who have already booked different seats will be extremely annoyed. It's a no win situation for him, so he's probably trying to put it off.

Did he really think that the number of blocks he'd opened would be enough? I know our attendances aren't the best but surely he expected more than 7/8K at a playoff game?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 3:56 pm 

Would've open 10, 13 and upper tier 3-6 for those who like a side view.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 4:40 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
I've done it before over the phone. That was a couple of years ago, mind.

Oo er missus.
I've heard those numbers can be very expensive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 47  Next