THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:21 am 

Camdenite wrote:
I’ll be tagging every player and member of the coaching staff on social reminding them to do the right thing. ;)

They're not going to give a fuck about you, let's be honest.

If it's a choice of getting their wife and kids into the game, or some random bloke on X (formerly known as Twitter), who are they going to pick?

"Sorry Chardonnay, you can't come to the away leg, I've given my ticket to Camden over the internet"?

Not specific to you personally, just in general!

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:35 am 

Camdenite wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
CATEGORY 1: Supporters who have opted into the Away Membership service.

CATEGORY 2: Season Ticket Holders who are registered on our Club database, and who have attended four away games in the past 12 months.

CATEGORY 3: All other Season Ticket Holders and Club members who are on the Club database.

CATEGORY 4: General sale.

Season ticket holder for 17 years yet I’m 3rd choice :lol:

Yes, and so you should be. Coincidentally there’s about 500 of us fans who follow this club the length and breadth of the country, and they’re the ones who deserve Crawley tickets. I’ll be hacked off it I find out that anyone else (player’s friends and family, club staff etc.) get a ticket. With such a likely low allocation then Crawley is only for those that have put the miles in. I’m actually concerned that four games isn’t quite stringent enough. Needs to be a dozen IMHO.

That’s how it works.

If i remember correctly Wycombe tickets went on sale whilst I was rather hammered on the train back from Plymouth. They sold out that or the next day. I was fuming. I did 18 away games that year and missed out to those sat at home watching sky who grabbed a ticket whilst I was on a 5 hour traii home.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 am 

Guys - The decision to close the ground is more likely to be purely on stewarding costs.

I suspect there was a contract in place with the sourcing company just for the 23 league games and anything else is extra at different rates. An easy way to influence the bottom line.

Who cares the effect on supporters!!

Pete was probably hoping for the home leg first (MK Marathon not withstanding!) so he could save on electric (daytime game) and could keep the stewards from the running.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:02 am 

Only at this club would qualification to a play-offs mean a little video comes out with one of the opening lines being

Now i know season ticket holders wont be very happy with me. :shock:

Clownland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:08 am 

bigpaul101 wrote:
Guys - The decision to close the ground is more likely to be purely on stewarding costs.

I suspect there was a contract in place with the sourcing company just for the 23 league games and anything else is extra at different rates. An easy way to influence the bottom line.

Who cares the effect on supporters!!

Pete was probably hoping for the home leg first (MK Marathon not withstanding!) so he could save on electric (daytime game) and could keep the stewards from the running.

Ah yes, hoping to open up the top tier instead will 100% save on stewarding costs, that’s definitely the reason and not because the club have been shown up by one fan led group and want in on the action.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:13 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Sting wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Sting wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
I'm boycotting the game.

Not the first person in this thread to say that, and that is one of the reasons we struggle to build our fan base.

Willing to miss the most important game of the season because you can't sit in you usual seat.

We go to some away grounds and struggle to see all the pitch, yet in our stadium the view is great wherever the seat is.

Does it really matter where you sit?

It does really. I like where i sit and I had to pay a considerable sum to do so for me and my lad. Now for thr biggest game of the season it’s not available, basically for some vanity optics nonsense.

The struggle to build the fanbase is partly down to pissing off sections of the paying support we do have at various times.

I disagree.

I also like my seats, I sit with my grandson and several friends every game. However, our seats are not available for certain cup games and won't be again for this.

Will it stop me going, definitely not.

You aren't everyone.

Wow, what an insightful comment.

I know I'm not everyone, which is why I said it wouldn't stop me going.

I was just giving my opinion, pretty much like everyone else who has commented.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:39 am 

So do you have to make noise if you buy a ticket? I’m confused.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:45 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
I’ll be tagging every player and member of the coaching staff on social reminding them to do the right thing. ;)

If it's a choice of getting their wife and kids into the game, or some random bloke on X (formerly known as Twitter), who are they going to pick?

"Sorry Chardonnay, you can't come to the away leg, I've given my ticket to Camden over the internet"?

This post was more about the club seeing it and revising their policy as towards player comps, tbh. With, what’s expected to be, a very limited allocation at Crawley, sacrifices need to be made. After all, fans are making sacrifices in terms of their usual allocated seats for the home leg. “Bring The Noise” should not include Chardonnay.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:49 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

This post was more about the club seeing it and revising their policy as towards player comps, tbh. With, what’s expected to be, a very limited allocation at Crawley, sacrifices need to be made. After all, fans are making sacrifices in terms of their usual allocated seats for the home leg. “Bring The Noise” should not include Chardonnay.

Except for Joe Tomlinson’s family. They choose to sit in East Wing rather than up where the other players family sit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:52 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

Looking it up online, their away end can hold 1600 people in it, and reading their forum they’re saying they want at least 3000 tickets at our stadium, so i reckon if they play ball when asking for that much from us, we’ll be able to ask them to give us a decent amount than the minimum 613 they’re obliged to give us in return

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 44  Next