THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:13 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:
My seat has been sold to somebody else. Will just watch it on the telly.

I get the frustration but just buy one near by? I understand when the whole stand is shut, but to not go just because your specific seat isn't available seems petulant.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:48 pm 

Genuine question - if they sell out the open blocks, which I am sure they will... they'll then open other blocks / the corners, right? Will they allow people to then change their seats back to where they want to be? Will be a lot of added admin and headaches I guess.

The saddest thing about this whole this, once again, is that - when we should be excited, discussing tactics and players etc - PW has found a way to fuck it up and make it all about him again. Its genuinely hard to keep believing its not deliberate.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:00 pm 

"It's my club, and I can do whatever the fuck I want"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:03 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
HarpenDon wrote:
My seat has been sold to somebody else. Will just watch it on the telly.

I get the frustration but just buy one near by? I understand when the whole stand is shut, but to not go just because your specific seat isn't available seems petulant.

I don’t really mind you describing it as petulant - everybody is entitled to their own view.

I have had the same seat for over a decade (I have even paid to have my name on it) and have got to know the guys who sit around me. We have good banter and it has become a key reason for me looking forward to going. I can’t just arrange to buy seats with them, because I don’t even know most of their names and I certainly don’t have contact details for them.

All of which means I would have to go to this match on my own which I can’t get excited about.

I must have spent thousands of pounds supporting the Dons home and away over the years and I am disappointed that they showed such little reciprocity for that in making the arrangements for this match.

But I do have my Sky subscription so I can get by by watching it on TV. The club won’t be in the least bit bothered. It has been clear for some time that they don’t give a damn about the fans.

As Gers say, it’s Pete’s company and he can do whatever he wants.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:11 pm 

I rank this with the down & dirty shirt decision. Pete is clearly losing it and making poor decisions.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:11 pm 

I know a lot of people don’t care about this but I do. One of the most disappointing aspects is that the fella I sit beside in Club Red told me yesterday that he wasn’t renewing his season ticket next year as he was getting too old and it was all getting a bit difficult.

At the end of the game we both said to each other ‘see you at the play-off game’ which of course would be the last time we’d see each other. If I’d known we wouldn’t be getting our seats I might have said a more fulsome goodbye.

It’s a stupid, little thing and of course Winkelman won’t give a monkeys but despite not being ‘friends’ away from the ground, you do make bonds at games and would hope the club might understand and respect that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:13 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Genuine question - if they sell out the open blocks, which I am sure they will... they'll then open other blocks / the corners, right? Will they allow people to then change their seats back to where they want to be? Will be a lot of added admin and headaches I guess.

The saddest thing about this whole this, once again, is that - when we should be excited, discussing tactics and players etc - PW has found a way to fuck it up and make it all about him again. Its genuinely hard to keep believing its not deliberate.

No, top tier opens up. I’d guess only if all those seats were completely gone would he start to open them up. I wish he would, I want to sit in my corner.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:15 pm 

Our seats in block 11 have been sold, sky sports it is then, Winkelman has fucked me off one too many times now, doing a brilliant job of losing longtime season ticket holders, well done....clueless, and no respect for longtime season ticket holders.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:18 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
Our seats in block 11 have been sold, sky sports it is then, Winkelman has fucked me off one too many times now, doing a brilliant job of losing longtime season ticket holders, well done....clueless, and no respect for longtime season ticket holders.

This I don’t get. My whole section is closed, I’m annoyed. But it’s about being there for the team, why not go?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:23 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

This I don’t get. My whole section is closed, I’m annoyed. But it’s about being there for the team, why not go?

Because it's on the telly. I've had a season ticket for 19 years, and I'm seriously considering not going either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 46  Next