THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:00 pm 

A slight change of subject but have the club announced what the arrangements are for Corporate for this game? I don’t believe they have, have they?

A few things got me thinking:

Club Platinum (with a meal and seat in the Directors balcony) is very limited. Capacity can’t be much more than 200.

We usually get a lot of interest from local business for the big games. Their only option would be to hire a box. That’s pricey unless there’s ten of you. Not always possible for business even, let alone a fan with deep pockets struggling to find nine friends/associates/colleagues to fill it.

There’s a huge ballroom for at least five hundred people to sit downstairs.

There’s a huge kitchen to serve those same five hundred people.

A regular seat in Club Red is £32.

A regular seat with meal in Club Platinum is (from memory) about £80 a head.

You see where I’m going with this? ;)

Why would the club want people taking their CR seat at £32 when there’s real money to be made?

I’ll be stunned if there’s not at least a sprinkling of people sat in CR seats a week Thursday. May all be players wives and girlfriends and agents and members of “the football family” and not what we would consider “fans” but they’ll be there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:10 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Everyone I’ve seen saying ‘it’s just one game’ ‘it doesn’t matter where you sit’ ‘you’ll still get tickets’

Sits in the Cowshed or East Stand.

I sit in the standard corner, and I’m very sad it’s shut, but I still want to be there to see us in the play-offs so I’ll be in the east stand. I’m massively against shutting any part of the ground, especially my corner. But there isn’t anything I can do about it.

The logic to close the corner is as daft as it is to close Club Red. It’s not the same hike across but you have my sympathy.

The optics of an empty corner will still look utterly pathetic so what’s the point.

I have an East Stand ticket. I am fucking furious that my need to be there is abused in this way, but I couldn’t not go.

One day though the patience will run out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:50 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Everyone I’ve seen saying ‘it’s just one game’ ‘it doesn’t matter where you sit’ ‘you’ll still get tickets’

Sits in the Cowshed or East Stand.

No, I sit in the corner and it's not the first time I've had to move.

Don't remember this uproar when the corners are closed. In fact a lot of people on here suggested it would be a good thing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:52 pm 

Not exactly sold out yet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm 

The thing is Pete has absolutely no idea what it's like for us when we're all shoved in those two stands. From his special posh seat he's staring straight down at a packed east stand and probably thinks it looks wonderful. For us, we're staring at a totally empty stand opposite, and it's very depressing. Even though the stadium will be no less full than normal, it will feel so, so empty.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:55 pm 

It’s far from an ideal situation, but we need to turn up in numbers, grin and bear it for one game, a very important game at that and get behind the team, I’d sit on the fucking roof if that was the only way to see it, fuck PW and his antics he’s a class one idiot, but we’re better than that, buy a seat and go support your team

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:56 pm 

All this 'back the players' shit can fuck right off. We don't get let in for fuck all, we have to pay, and those in Club Red more than most. It's just a stupid decision, and one that didn't have to be made. It's hardly likely to attract casual supporters if the regulars are pissed off.

If you think Pete saying that it's club and he can do what he wants with it, you better not hear what they think about increasing the prices... "That ground is a shit hole. Look what we've got here".

Say whatever you want, and paint it any colour you desire, they don't give a flying fuck what we think. Because if they did they wouldn't even have considered this an option.

Dan's assertion that the club's in managed decline never looked more precinct that it does today.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:04 pm 

As one who sits in the corner I am pissed off with the whe lot of shit from the club.
Everyone trying to get through gates 4 and 5
They could hardly manage it for the last 2 games so how do they propose to manage in on the night.

Twats complete and utter twats. I'll watch it from my house but I'll wear a white top for the hell of it
If u can't manage the club Pete then hurry up and sell it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:08 pm 

Gers wrote:
All this 'back the players' shit can fuck right off. We don't get let in for fuck all, we have to pay, and those in Club Red more than most. It's just a stupid decision, and one that didn't have to be made. It's hardly likely to attract casual supporters if the regulars are pissed off.

If you think Pete saying that it's club and he can do what he wants with it, you better not hear what they think about increasing the prices... "That ground is a shit hole. Look what we've got here".

Say whatever you want, and paint it any colour you desire, they don't give a flying fuck what we think. Because if they did they wouldn't even have considered this an option.

Dan's assertion that the club's in managed decline never looked more precinct that it does today.

Pretty much agree with this except the opening line. I don't get why you would want to "fuck right off" the chance to cheer the team on in an important game

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:13 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Gers wrote:

Pretty much agree with this except the opening line. I don't get why you would want to "fuck right off" the chance to cheer the team on in an important game

Because I'm a customer and therefore I'm always right. I've been supporting this fucking club for over 19 years. If I want to support them, or not, then it's my decision. It's a shit team, most probably our worst. What on earth is the point. The club couldn't give a fuck if I turn up or not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 46  Next