THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:35 pm 

I normally sit in the corner when I go. I like the view there, but am one of the people that will tolerate moving to the cowshed for this.
However, I completely get that some fans are upset about not being in their usual seat and surrounded by their regular mates. It'll be a shame they're not there, but fair pay to them for sticking by their principles and also not going to the final if we make it, where they also wouldn't be sat in usual seats and surrounded by their regular mates.
I'm assuming anyone boycotting is also going to watch the final at home on Sky, yeah?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:36 pm 

BristolDon wrote:
I normally sit in the corner when I go. I like the view there, but am one of the people that will tolerate moving to the cowshed for this.
However, I completely get that some fans are upset about not being in their usual seat and surrounded by their regular mates. It'll be a shame they're not there, but fair pay to them for sticking by their principles and also not going to the final if we make it, where they also wouldn't be sat in usual seats and surrounded by their regular mates.
I'm assuming anyone boycotting is also going to watch the final at home on Sky, yeah?

People don't have a reasonable expectation of getting 'usual seats' at Wembley. They do for a game in their team's home stadium.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:48 pm 

BristolDon wrote:

Why would the final at a stadium we have only been to once in our existence have "regular seats". I don't know if you are trying to be cute, but there will be shit loads of customers there who never have been to our ground probably since the Championship days if at all. I mean 4k extra came out the wood work for both Wrexham and Mansfield. Do you have the same contempt for them too?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:56 pm 

I was up until this season a STH in CR for many, many years - I don't frequent the form these days, let alone post. Heck i don't even live in Bracknell anymore!

I get that people are a bit annoyed at not being able to keep to a routine that they're used to, if I was in that situation I'd probably be a bit pissed off too. I don't overly get why CR or the corners (on the TV arc) are being closed and the upper tier is being opened but the decision has been made, boycotting is surely counter productive? Everyone is desperate to get out of this tinpot league, the club is showing some sort of initiative and listening to various supporter groups (who are doing great things for this club), who knows if it works - what won't work is this I have to say childish attitude to not being able to sit in your seat for a game that doesn't form part of yours or the clubs obligation. Personally, I don't wholly understand the rational behind the decision but ultimately that decision has been made, feel free to vote with your feet but I'd have to add that action is likely to be counter productive to the clubs ambition to get out of this league.

Vote with your feet in the summer, demand a working group with Pete or whoever, but I urge you to just get behind the team in the interim!

I did expect a more reasonable approach to the situation from you Dan, given, you've had your own experiences of trying to drum up atmosphere and challenging the club to think differently. Not digging you out, just making an observation.

COYD

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 3:02 pm 

BracknellDons wrote:
I was up until this season a STH in CR for many, many years - I don't frequent the form these days, let alone post. Heck i don't even live in Bracknell anymore!

I get that people are a bit annoyed at not being able to keep to a routine that they're used to, if I was in that situation I'd probably be a bit pissed off too. I don't overly get why CR or the corners (on the TV arc) are being closed and the upper tier is being opened but the decision has been made, boycotting is surely counter productive? Everyone is desperate to get out of this tinpot league, the club is showing some sort of initiative and listening to various supporter groups (who are doing great things for this club), who knows if it works - what won't work is this I have to say childish attitude to not being able to sit in your seat for a game that doesn't form part of yours or the clubs obligation. Personally, I don't wholly understand the rational behind the decision but ultimately that decision has been made, feel free to vote with your feet but I'd have to add that action is likely to be counter productive to the clubs ambition to get out of this league.

Vote with your feet in the summer, demand a working group with Pete or whoever, but I urge you to just get behind the team in the interim!

I did expect a more reasonable approach to the situation from you Dan, given, you've had your own experiences of trying to drum up atmosphere and challenging the club to think differently. Not digging you out, just making an observation.

COYD

We have played all season with 6k or less home fans and only lost 4 times. I really don't think that attendances being higher will bring much more confidence to the players. I mean look at the humbling we got from Mansfield with our 2nd highest attendance of the season. If anything, it may add pressure.

As much as I understand your confusion the world will turn and MK Dons will still play this game weather it is 3 or 30k people in the ground. Plus a lot of it will be immediate anger followed by acceptance. Especially when we are 3-0 up after the first leg ;), there will be a lot of tickets sold. Its the fact that there was no time for even people in open blocks who are ST holders to reserve their own seat. That is just as if not more annoying that closing a stand you have sat in for potentially the last 15 years plus

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 3:07 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
BristolDon wrote:

People don't have a reasonable expectation of getting 'usual seats' at Wembley. They do for a game in their team's home stadium.

How 32 pages in this is still having to be explained is possibly one of the worst things in all of this.

I look forward to be able to return the sympathy favour to some of my fellow fans...

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 3:07 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
BristolDon wrote:

Why would the final at a stadium we have only been to once in our existence have "regular seats". I don't know if you are trying to be cute, but there will be shit loads of customers there who never have been to our ground probably since the Championship days if at all. I mean 4k extra came out the wood work for both Wrexham and Mansfield. Do you have the same contempt for them too?

At least they turn up for big games unlike some of our so called fans :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 3:24 pm 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
BristolDon wrote:

Why does that matter? My point was are they not allowed to Wembley cause they went to one game a season? I mean if you are chastising a group of people for missing one game that they are not happy about going then you have to do the same to all groups that pick and choose. At least the ST holders who don't go have paid their dues for the season and can do what the fuck they like IMO. But then again in 2007 we should have done this then people wouldn't have a choice, not 17 years later cause some adult troll doesn't want to spend money on opening all the ground cause he is tighter than a ducks arse.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 3:33 pm 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
BristolDon wrote:

As I said I dont have any skin in this game as I have my usual seats. Your comment above sums up the issue and its astounding you dont see it. Its not about the big games, we have a massive ground and there will always be seats for the once a year heros. Can you honestly not see how someone who sat through the disaster of last season and some of the absolute shoeings we have taken this season not being able to get their seat because a once a season hero has managed to occupy it because they have a mate with a season ticket? My eldest son has followed this club the length and breadth of the country for several years but due to moving to uni doesnt have a season ticket this year and cant get a crawley ticket because someone like you has managed to secure it despite not giving enough fucks to bother with the league game at the same ground? can you not see that?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 3:41 pm 

At the end of the day it would've been nice to stand beside everyone I've stood beside all season, but the club made that impossible. Given the fact that Lewington's and The Cowshed Bar will be packed and it'll be almost impossible to get served, it means that I won't see them again until August. It's no big thing in the grand scheme of things, but it's a tad disappointing. But being as I've had a season ticket for 19 years I'm well used to disappointment where following this club is concerned.

All in all it's a decision that didn't really need to be made. As others have already said, if anything it'll kill the atmosphere. I'm a firm believer in the ethos that if something's not broken don't try and fix it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 47  Next