THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:33 am 

Were the Supporters Board consulted on this at all? Is there anyone here from the Board?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:45 am 

Gers wrote:
In all seriousness, they certainly don't make it easy to support this club. It's almost as if they go out of their way to deliberately annoy vast swathes of the support. For example...

I'm working in MK today, and am planning on popping down at lunchtime to pick a couple of tickets up. Am I allowed to park in the stadium carpark, or do I have to pay using my phone? I have absolutely no idea. Also being disabled I have a blue badge. Is it valid on private ground such as the stadium carpark? Once again, I have no idea. There's disclaimers around the ground saying that 'Blue badge holders are not exempt from parking charges'.

I'll park in Asda just to be sure, but it's yet another fucking thing that's simply not required.

Last time I went, you just enter your reg on a tablet in the shop for free parking

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:45 am 

Alby39 wrote:
As others have said, I genuinely don't think that has a single thing to do with it.

I think having everyone along one line (East) and Cowshed means that stewards/police able to line from the service tunnel to prevent a pitch invasions, and get rid of an inevitable fine will be a huge contributing factor that hasn't even been spoken about yet.

All stewarding costs saved from the corners and CR, not having g those paid stewards scattered all over the ground and just along two key areas will help prevent that best way they can.

Also, think aside from the pitch invasion stuff it is a cost saving excersise on excess staff, including stewards.

If you buy online you can see they’ve made the front two rows of each block unavailable. That’s a first for the home ends.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:25 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
As others have said, I genuinely don't think that has a single thing to do with it.

I think having everyone along one line (East) and Cowshed means that stewards/police able to line from the service tunnel to prevent a pitch invasions, and get rid of an inevitable fine will be a huge contributing factor that hasn't even been spoken about yet.

All stewarding costs saved from the corners and CR, not having g those paid stewards scattered all over the ground and just along two key areas will help prevent that best way they can.

Also, think aside from the pitch invasion stuff it is a cost saving excersise on excess staff, including stewards.

If you buy online you can see they’ve made the front two rows of each block unavailable. That’s a first for the home ends.

I see what you mean, although they seem to have forgotten to do it in block 7! Row A is available.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:31 am 

CleanDon wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
AB4 wrote:
Digger wrote:
Gers wrote:
There's no need to do it. Apart from you and him it's been universally condemned by the entire fan base.

That's a bit of a sweeping statement.... I personally haven't seen evidence of 5,000 plus people up in arms.

I was, until this season, a "corner dweller" and all I ever heard was "shut the corners to create an atmosphere by grouping us altogether". This started to happen in the cups and I like many others now had to fight for free spaces in other parts of the ground. The other season those involved in the "White Paper" decided to move the entire family corner into the standard corner and replace the Family Corner with the "Community Corner". I'm still struggling with that logic but frankly it was the last straw for me as a corner dweller and I moved this season to Club Red........

Pete's well aware of this forum and the various other Social Media "outlets" and has seen the "close this section" and the ""group us together to create an atmosphere" posts.

Be careful what you wish for because he seems to have listened to you all and done what you've been suggested over the years. As he says he's doing it to boost the atmosphere with the hopes that it'll give us enough of a boost to get past the dreaded play off semis that we've always failed to do.

No amount of moaning will change anything now so we all need to get behind the team for this one match. We can have the inquest after that, you never know it might just work.

Great post. Massive overreaction to this imo for a single game. I hope those suggesting that they won't be renewing their STs change their mind next season.
As you say, lots of people wanting to close the corners are now calling it a stupid idea. And we've got an awful record in play offs but he tries something different and gets crucified. PW might not be as arsed with the club as he once was and he has obviously pissed a lot of people off but the club needs us for this one game.
If we get to Wembley, we'll be sitting wherever we can get tickets anyway and are just as likely to not sit near your mates as you are on Thursday night.
Be pissed off, say bad things on Twitter, moan to your friends and family and then come along to the home game and help get us over the line, please

Where do you sit then?

This! It’s such a silly argument to suggest we can’t be annoyed by it. We’ve been mistreated enough and now being told we can’t sit where we want without being consulted. The argument of Wembley is ridiculous and non existent. If Pete wanted the best atmosphere then keep everyone happy.

Way to piss off people. .

I sit in the community corner so have had to move to the cowshed. I've left the people I usually sit with behind and have bought 3 tickets (me and kids).

If you read the above, nowhere does it say you can't be annoyed. Just that it's a single game and I hope those suggesting they won't go will reconsider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:46 am 

I have no skin in this as I have my usual seats in the usual place and assume most around me will as well. I totally and fully understand why those being asked to move had serious issues with the decision and also understand the 'its one game' argument as well.

At all opportunities it seems they cant wait to get the 12 bore out, take their very best aim at the dominant foot and proceed to shoot a great big hole in it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:49 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Gers wrote:
In all seriousness, they certainly don't make it easy to support this club. It's almost as if they go out of their way to deliberately annoy vast swathes of the support. For example...

I'm working in MK today, and am planning on popping down at lunchtime to pick a couple of tickets up. Am I allowed to park in the stadium carpark, or do I have to pay using my phone? I have absolutely no idea. Also being disabled I have a blue badge. Is it valid on private ground such as the stadium carpark? Once again, I have no idea. There's disclaimers around the ground saying that 'Blue badge holders are not exempt from parking charges'.

I'll park in Asda just to be sure, but it's yet another fucking thing that's simply not required.

Last time I went, you just enter your reg on a tablet in the shop for free parking

But make sure the shop is definitely open.
I arrived on the wrong day once and so I got charged for parking, as well as having to come back later.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:57 am 

APMKDon wrote:
As one who sits in the corner I am pissed off with the whe lot of shit from the club.
Everyone trying to get through gates 4 and 5
They could hardly manage it for the last 2 games so how do they propose to manage in on the night.

Twats complete and utter twats. I'll watch it from my house but I'll wear a white top for the hell of it
If u can't manage the club Pete then hurry up and sell it

Who is going to want to buy us? Toxic club to most outsiders ("scummy franchise") and if Pete sells the club the money maker (the hotel) will still be in Inter MKs hands. Face it. We are fucked. We might as well admit that this will stay in the Winkelman family until the end of time. I can't wait for the day Bobby does these dumb as fuck videos. Pete's idea was we would be Premier League in 20 years and he could sell us to the highest bidder and fuck off into the wilderness. That isn't going to happen and there are many other clubs who are less of a risk in the lower leagues than us who would be sold before us. It sucks it really does, but unless the fans buy the club like Pompy or dare I say it them in SW19 then I doubt there is anyone interested in us.

I get that it has annoyed people. Fuck all we can do about it. Never was, never will be. There will be no atmosphere anyway. I hate to brake it to people but our home games are shit for atmosphere regardless of where people sit. With only a few hundred people making noise in a 30000 seater bowl it really is academical where people sit. However, this should have been done in 2007 and I have no idea why it wasn't. We we only 1/3 full back then.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:26 am 

I am astounded that people are considering not attending because they can't sit in Club Red. I understand that it is unexpected, unprecedented for the Club to do this, and a pretty serious inconvenience to some. This being the hot topic of discussion instead of the game itself and what's at stake is very poor and I hope it doesn't last much longer.

I'm aware it's not as much of a problem for those who sit in the Cowshed or East Stand. But to make a conscious decision to sit on your sofa and watch the game instead of attending a second leg of a play-off semi final, a hurdle we have fallen at so many times, agonisingly, is ridiculous.

There are so many people doing great work to get people in the ground, to reach new people around the city, and the fact that some "loyal" supporters don't want to attend our biggest game of the season because they have to sit on a different seat is ludicrous. It reflects the wider issues of this fanbase and why most are happy to accept failure season upon season as long as they can enjoy their prawn sandwich and free team sheet.

Get a grip, suck it up for one day of your life and enjoy watching us get to Wembley again at long last (I hope).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:38 am 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
I am astounded that people are considering not attending because they can't sit in Club Red. I understand that it is unexpected, unprecedented for the Club to do this, and a pretty serious inconvenience to some. This being the hot topic of discussion instead of the game itself and what's at stake is very poor and I hope it doesn't last much longer.

I'm aware it's not as much of a problem for those who sit in the Cowshed or East Stand. But to make a conscious decision to sit on your sofa and watch the game instead of attending a second leg of a play-off semi final, a hurdle we have fallen at so many times, agonisingly, is ridiculous.

There are so many people doing great work to get people in the ground, to reach new people around the city, and the fact that some "loyal" supporters don't want to attend our biggest game of the season because they have to sit on a different seat is ludicrous. It reflects the wider issues of this fanbase and why most are happy to accept failure season upon season as long as they can enjoy their prawn sandwich and free team sheet.

Get a grip, suck it up for one day of your life and enjoy watching us get to Wembley again at long last (I hope).

If they had asked before hand then it may not have been a problem. This issue comes about cause people who pay good money and still have to pay £24 for the privilege of attending the game don't have a choice in the matter. Well they do. Don't go. We have had just over 5k at our home games this season conversely we have had 11k the world will still turn and MK Dons will still play a football match. We had 15k in the door v Wycombe. Didn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. Lets hope we don't get stuffed in the first leg then people's decisions might be a little bit easier for them. It's not like we are going to sell out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 47  Next