THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:47 am 

DippyDon wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
My parents are stoked. Couldn't go on Thursday, can go on Saturday

I’m the opposite. Even an early kick off would have been better for me on Saturday but the evening one makes it impossible due to prior plans. Ah well, I hope to be able to turn my phone back on to see us at Wembley.

I honestly have no idea why the game couldn’t be at 3pm on Saturday. They have no other games on at that time (due to the blackout) and Celtic and Rangers kicks off at 12:30. If they’re worried about cutting some of the post game analysis, just keep that running on Main Event and have us on Sky Football.

Crewe v Colchester was on Sky at 3pm on a Saturday the other week, so obviously the blackout doesn’t always apply to EFL fixtures.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:

I’m the opposite. Even an early kick off would have been better for me on Saturday but the evening one makes it impossible due to prior plans. Ah well, I hope to be able to turn my phone back on to see us at Wembley.

I honestly have no idea why the game couldn’t be at 3pm on Saturday. They have no other games on at that time (due to the blackout) and Celtic and Rangers kicks off at 12:30. If they’re worried about cutting some of the post game analysis, just keep that running on Main Event and have us on Sky Football.

Crewe v Colchester was on Sky at 3pm on a Saturday the other week, so obviously the blackout doesn’t always apply to EFL fixtures.

I have no idea how Colchester v Crewe got around it so the option may have been there to use the same loophole or whatever, but going by standard legal rulings the blackout means we can’t be televised between 14:45 and 5:15 on Saturday so I doubt it was ever an option.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 7:00 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Gers wrote:
My own stupid fault for being with someone of the opposite sex (not a problem for some on here I would imagine) for over 40 years, having interests outwith football, having friends (once again, not a problem for some on here I would imagine), and definitely not wanting to dress up as a Droog or Nico. Oh, and just generally having a full life.

My loss.

I can't imagine people have been with their Mrs for 40 years. I doubt many on here are even past 40.

No, but can you imagine many people on here having been with Gers' Mrs of 40 years?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 7:54 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:

I'm in the opposite boat, I'm busy all weekend. Ah well, unforeseen circumstances, I suppose.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:48 am 

DippyDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:

I have no idea how Colchester v Crewe got around it so the option may have been there to use the same loophole or whatever, but going by standard legal rulings the blackout means we can’t be televised between 14:45 and 5:15 on Saturday so I doubt it was ever an option.

If it was an International break then the blackout does not apply.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:51 am 

Saturday's now a huge conundrum. Dons or Eurovision?!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:08 am 

SteelbackDon wrote:

It had always fried my brain that Eurovision is an actual thing people are serious about. I always thought it was basically just X Factor for an evening.
But my neighbours once had what sounded, and looked over the fence to be one of the most unbelievable parties for it. They went and did the entire works with lights, decorations, costumes etc and such and honestly, as someone who hates neighbours partying, I felt jealous I didn't get it because it was fantastic to hear/see.

But Dons :D

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:20 am 

SteelbackDon wrote:

Get the club to stream Eurovision live on the big screens in the stadium......sorted for you!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:09 am 

Digger wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:

If it was an International break then the blackout does not apply.
It was the final game of the season, April 27th.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:28 am 

Russybcool wrote:
I can go now. So long as we are not 3-0 down. I will reserve judgement for 10pm tonight (if the game goes ahead)

Wonder how many others are waiting for tonight's result too

If we have 8000 sold already plus 2000 Crawley then what do we think late bookers and walk ups will add?

Is 13-14,000 optimistic?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 47  Next