THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:25 pm 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
Scum. wrote:
The people in the Cowshed do typically reek so I can understand why people would not be so happy to be sat within touching distance of some of those undesirables.

At least they don't reek of being entitled spoilt brats.

Username checks out.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:25 pm 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
Scum. wrote:
The people in the Cowshed do typically reek so I can understand why people would not be so happy to be sat within touching distance of some of those undesirables.

At least they don't reek of being entitled spoilt brats.

Club Red stink of prawns.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:23 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Sorry, whilst I agree with a lot of your post, "it's not the same as earlier cup games" - well it isn't because it's a one of, but it is because it's pretty annoying having to move your seat and where you like to be for 3/4/5 games a season.
Playoff semi final or not, we go to football for different reasons. I like the people around me. I couldn't care less if we're playing Taunton or Tottenham, I get the same level of Saturday excitement to go and have a drink with my friends and see people I only see for a few hours a week. When it's forced upon you several times a year, it's really annoying but we've all had to get on with it for a long time

Err, when you’ve been moved out the Cowshed for cup ties, we have as well. I was shunted into the East for Taunton and the early Carabao ties.

So it is different as you’re sorted for this one.

I sit in the East Stand... I've already established earlier posts where me and my disabled father have had to walk from one side of the ground to the other to watch some Cup games, or dont come at all.

Which cup games? They are all in the East Stand aren't they?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:27 pm 

They have been more recently but there have been a good few, and friendlies that were Club Red focused - I believe the East Stand did open for a few friendlies I remember, Oxford being one IIRC that opened up last minute but by that point a ticket had been purchased

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:33 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
They have been more recently but there have been a good few, and friendlies that were Club Red focused - I believe the East Stand did open for a few friendlies I remember, Oxford being one IIRC that opened up last minute but by that point a ticket had been purchased

I recall a couple of Papa Johns games, but recently they have re-opened a block in the East to cover fans there IIRC.

Either way, you can understand how we feel. As I just said on Twitter, moving a thousand or so Club Red fans to the other parts of the ground isn't going to make any difference to the atmosphere. So why is it being done?

Whilst it's not you Alby, those vilifying 'the moaners' about having to move are missing a point. It's not us that's undermining all the excellent work Dons Action are doing to drum up support and positivity for the game, it's the club.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:44 pm 

Deleted my writer, just can't be arsed to be funny.

Last edited by Council Kev on Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:58 pm 

It's a sticky one, because I'm under no doubts I'll be as pissed as you guys are if I was a CR STH, so I understand the frustration and annoyance. Bedfordians' post was a sad read too - that is what football is about to me and I wholeheartedly get that as much as anyone. What League we play in is insignificant if you can't enjoy it in the way you should - that goes for individual games too. So I'm not dismissing that - I'm just saying that whilst it sucks, we still have the chance to watch our team in the play offs, that privilege alone - for ME - would be enough for me to bite my lip and still want to cheer the boys on. Would I, and do I advocate everyone to raise their voices on this at fans forums/meetings from the SB going forward? Absolutely.

I'm trying to tread very carefully because not for a second am I saying if you sit here, you're a bigger supporter, or there, you're less of a supporter. Or other such nonsense. I'm just saying it isn't nice, but let's try to see the bigger picture for this one off tie and get behind the players.
We have seen a good few "fuck them and fuck you too" posts on here since Saturday, and us at DonsAction, the MKDSA and, for better or worse, the club, are trying whatever we can to make sure that this game is a memorable evening on and off the pitch.

I certainly don't want to lose anyone we might've had on board with #DonYourWhite, because we have a differing opinion. Different views are forefront to any debate on a forum - but let's continue to work together, spread the word and get that ground as full as we can, all in white :D

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:00 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
It's a sticky one, because I'm under no doubts I'll be as pissed as you guys are if I was a CR STH, so I understand the frustration and annoyance. Bedfordians' post was a sad read too - that is what football is about to me and I wholeheartedly get that as much as anyone. What League we play in is insignificant if you can't enjoy it in the way you should - that goes for individual games too. So I'm not dismissing that - I'm just saying that whilst it sucks, we still have the chance to watch our team in the play offs, that privilege alone - for ME - would be enough for me to bite my lip and still want to cheer the boys on. Would I, and do I advocate everyone to raise their voices on this at fans forums/meetings from the SB going forward? Absolutely.

I'm trying to tread very carefully because not for a second am I saying if you sit here, you're a bigger supporter, or there, you're less of a supporter. Or other such nonsense. I'm just saying it isn't nice, but let's try to see the bigger picture for this one off tie and get behind the players.
We have seen a good few "fuck them and fuck you too" posts on here since Saturday, and us at DonsAction, the MKDSA and, for better or worse, the club, are trying whatever we can to make sure that this game is a memorable evening on and off the pitch.

I certainly don't want to lose anyone we might've had on board with #DonYourWhite, because we have a differing opinion. Different views are forefront to any debate on a forum - but let's continue to work together, spread the word and get that ground as full as we can, all in white :D

ignorant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:29 pm 

I am a club red season ticket holder with my 2 kids.

I have no real issue with moving for this game- we do so for cup games . I just don’t like the messaging as it makes no sense at all . We are all grown ups so treat us as such. If we aren’t opening the stand for cost/ safety reasons just say so.
As has been said , we have been very good at home including beating Crawley. I see no reason at all to mess about with that for footballing reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:34 pm 

It is 100% because the Ballroom is booked out and we're being lied too

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 47  Next