THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:54 am 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
I am astounded that people are considering not attending because they can't sit in Club Red. I understand that it is unexpected, unprecedented for the Club to do this, and a pretty serious inconvenience to some. This being the hot topic of discussion instead of the game itself and what's at stake is very poor and I hope it doesn't last much longer.

I'm aware it's not as much of a problem for those who sit in the Cowshed or East Stand. But to make a conscious decision to sit on your sofa and watch the game instead of attending a second leg of a play-off semi final, a hurdle we have fallen at so many times, agonisingly, is ridiculous.

There are so many people doing great work to get people in the ground, to reach new people around the city, and the fact that some "loyal" supporters don't want to attend our biggest game of the season because they have to sit on a different seat is ludicrous. It reflects the wider issues of this fanbase and why most are happy to accept failure season upon season as long as they can enjoy their prawn sandwich and free team sheet.

Get a grip, suck it up for one day of your life and enjoy watching us get to Wembley again at long last (I hope).

100% agree with this

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:10 am 

APMKDon wrote:
As one who sits in the corner I am pissed off with the whe lot of shit from the club.
Everyone trying to get through gates 4 and 5
They could hardly manage it for the last 2 games so how do they propose to manage in on the night.

Twats complete and utter twats. I'll watch it from my house but I'll wear a white top for the hell of it
If u can't manage the club Pete then hurry up and sell it

This 'sell up' request seems to pop up more than ever over the last few years and I understand the reasons for that. I also understand how incredibly difficult it is to sell a football club to someone that is going to move the club forward and not take you into administration. You only have to look around at the owners of other clubs in the EFL to see how risky it is to sell and I for one, am happy that Pete isn't just going to hand the club over to anyone.

What Pete does need to do, is take a step back. Some of his decision making over the last few years has been pretty bizarre or he's been led down the wrong path by those he has recruited in front of him.

We've not had anyone competent since Andy Cullen left. The best signing Pete can make is getting someone of similar ilk in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:23 am 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
I am astounded that people are considering not attending because they can't sit in Club Red. I understand that it is unexpected, unprecedented for the Club to do this, and a pretty serious inconvenience to some. This being the hot topic of discussion instead of the game itself and what's at stake is very poor and I hope it doesn't last much longer.

I'm aware it's not as much of a problem for those who sit in the Cowshed or East Stand. But to make a conscious decision to sit on your sofa and watch the game instead of attending a second leg of a play-off semi final, a hurdle we have fallen at so many times, agonisingly, is ridiculous.

There are so many people doing great work to get people in the ground, to reach new people around the city, and the fact that some "loyal" supporters don't want to attend our biggest game of the season because they have to sit on a different seat is ludicrous. It reflects the wider issues of this fanbase and why most are happy to accept failure season upon season as long as they can enjoy their prawn sandwich and free team sheet.

Get a grip, suck it up for one day of your life and enjoy watching us get to Wembley again at long last (I hope).

Lots of nonsense in this post.

> It isn't just Club Red, there are people in the Cowshed and East Stand who have had their own regular seats sold to other people, before they had the chance to secure them for themselves
> It's PW's fault that this is the 'hot topic of discussion'
> You don't get prawn sandwiches in CR, as far as I'm aware
> There are many perfectly legitimate grievances about this, which have been aired on this thread
> There aren't 'so many people doing great work to get people in the ground' - there's a few people at DonsAction and not much else
> There is no correlation between people not feeling like going to this game, and being 'happy to accept failure season after season'

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:24 am 

Doesn't look like there has been much of a mad rush for tickets.. Block 11 appears to the most 'full' at the moment with around 50% of seats sold. All other blocks still have the majority of their seats left.

I guess a lot will wait to see what the result of the away leg is.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:26 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
I guess a lot will wait to see what the result of the away leg is.

Yeah, that's where I am - I'm basically going to treat it like an away day. Probably going to go to Brewdog and support the DA campaign, then make a late call about an hour before kick-off.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:34 am 

We've got over a week to sell tickets, it'll pick up after pay day I'd imagine. I'm not arsed where I sit because I'll just cram my way into block 11 so happy to wait to buy mine

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:35 am 

Slight change of subject but does anyone knows when the Crawley away tickets are being made available?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:36 am 

AB4 wrote:
Slight change of subject but does anyone knows when the Crawley away tickets are being made available?

Looking at the recent post on the Crawley thread, doesn't sound like it's going to be today. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:37 am 

AB4 wrote:

Crawley just tweeted that their ticket info will be available later today, so probably tomorrow

I hope we have been trying to get more than the minimum we're allowed from them as well which could be why it's taking longer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:40 am 

TheSpecialDon wrote:

Such an ignorant post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 47  Next