THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:20 pm 

Don't turn up then mate, it's entirely your choice. I don't disagree that the club don't really give a fuck about us, since Cullen left Winkelbot has either had his head turned by idiots like Andy Gibb or he's simply not arsed. And it's reflecting.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:12 pm 

I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to watch the game from my seat (in the block formally known as the family wing), but I understand the logic behind wanting the ground to ‘look fuller on the telly’. What I don’t understand is not giving the season ticket holders in the blocks that ARE open first chance to buy their own seats. That’s an act of atmosphere killing that seems insane. We’ve never done that before have we?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:03 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
A slight change of subject but have the club announced what the arrangements are for Corporate for this game? I don’t believe they have, have they?

A few things got me thinking:

Club Platinum (with a meal and seat in the Directors balcony) is very limited. Capacity can’t be much more than 200.

We usually get a lot of interest from local business for the big games. Their only option would be to hire a box. That’s pricey unless there’s ten of you. Not always possible for business even, let alone a fan with deep pockets struggling to find nine friends/associates/colleagues to fill it.

There’s a huge ballroom for at least five hundred people to sit downstairs.

There’s a huge kitchen to serve those same five hundred people.

A regular seat in Club Red is £32.

A regular seat with meal in Club Platinum is (from memory) about £80 a head.

You see where I’m going with this? ;)

Why would the club want people taking their CR seat at £32 when there’s real money to be made?

I’ll be stunned if there’s not at least a sprinkling of people sat in CR seats a week Thursday. May all be players wives and girlfriends and agents and members of “the football family” and not what we would consider “fans” but they’ll be there.

The same thought went through my mind.

I would imagine it will be corporate/players family and staff at the club and maybe half of Suzuki's head office.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 pm 

Why do we care if it looks good on telly?

Surely the main focus should have been on getting as many people as possible to come.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 pm 

As others have said, I genuinely don't think that has a single thing to do with it.

I think having everyone along one line (East) and Cowshed means that stewards/police able to line from the service tunnel to prevent a pitch invasions, and get rid of an inevitable fine will be a huge contributing factor that hasn't even been spoken about yet.

All stewarding costs saved from the corners and CR, not having g those paid stewards scattered all over the ground and just along two key areas will help prevent that best way they can.

Also, think aside from the pitch invasion stuff it is a cost saving excersise on excess staff, including stewards.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:52 pm 

I'll watch it from my house but I'll wear a white top for the hell of it

Great idea - I will wear a white shirt in my front room as well. Well done to the Dons Action guys.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:52 pm 

Brando wrote:
I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to watch the game from my seat (in the block formally known as the family wing), but I understand the logic behind wanting the ground to ‘look fuller on the telly’. What I don’t understand is not giving the season ticket holders in the blocks that ARE open first chance to buy their own seats. That’s an act of atmosphere killing that seems insane. We’ve never done that before have we?

At a guess it's due to the fact that all season ticket holders can buy an additional 9 tickets. I know that this sounds counterintuitive!

For instance, if I possessed a pair of tickets allocated in the East Stand and wished to invite an additional four guests, yet found that my seating section lacked sufficient adjacent seats, I’d have to look for another area with adjacent seats.

Having purchased these seats the system would still automatically reserve the original seats for me until the hold on seats was lifted, given that I hadn't utilized my entire entitlement. This would block up seats that season ticket holders could utilize before these seats went on general sale.

Remember this is all on the old Tickets.com system and the club are right in the middle of moving everyone over to Ticketmaster. As you'll know changing systems in the middle of a major event is always "fun"! The new DD's from the Ticketmaster system hit on Wednesday this week IIRC.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:26 am 

Pete couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

What he should have done is allow season ticket holders to have their seats and then sold to the East Stand and Cowshed, with members having Monday noon to get their tickets.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:35 am 

Digger wrote:
Brando wrote:

At a guess it's due to the fact that all season ticket holders can buy an additional 9 tickets. I know that this sounds counterintuitive!

For instance, if I possessed a pair of tickets allocated in the East Stand and wished to invite an additional four guests, yet found that my seating section lacked sufficient adjacent seats, I’d have to look for another area with adjacent seats.

Having purchased these seats the system would still automatically reserve the original seats for me until the hold on seats was lifted, given that I hadn't utilized my entire entitlement. This would block up seats that season ticket holders could utilize before these seats went on general sale.

Remember this is all on the old Tickets.com system and the club are right in the middle of moving everyone over to Ticketmaster. As you'll know changing systems in the middle of a major event is always "fun"! The new DD's from the Ticketmaster system hit on Wednesday this week IIRC.

That's cleared that up then :?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:54 am 

In all seriousness, they certainly don't make it easy to support this club. It's almost as if they go out of their way to deliberately annoy vast swathes of the support. For example...

I'm working in MK today, and am planning on popping down at lunchtime to pick a couple of tickets up. Am I allowed to park in the stadium carpark, or do I have to pay using my phone? I have absolutely no idea. Also being disabled I have a blue badge. Is it valid on private ground such as the stadium carpark? Once again, I have no idea. There's disclaimers around the ground saying that 'Blue badge holders are not exempt from parking charges'.

I'll park in Asda just to be sure, but it's yet another fucking thing that's simply not required.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 46  Next