THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 8:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:58 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Yes, and so you should be. Coincidentally there’s about 500 of us fans who follow this club the length and breadth of the country, and they’re the one who deserve Crawley tickets. I’ll be hacked off it I find out that anyone else (player’s friends and family, club staff etc.) get a ticket. With such a likely low allocation then Crawley is only for those that have put the miles in. I’m
Concerned that four games isn’t quite stringent enough. Needs to be a dozen IMHO.

That’s how it works.

I agree, I don't think the standard priority system is suitable when the allocation is likely to be so low.

Yep, I was hoping to go wherever we played and had booked the day off work specially for it, but probably won't manage to get a ticket now. There's plenty of others who will have been to more away games than me this season, so they obviously deserve priority. If I can go then great, if not, I'll be kicking every ball from my sofa.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:59 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
CATEGORY 1: Supporters who have opted into the Away Membership service.

CATEGORY 2: Season Ticket Holders who are registered on our Club database, and who have attended four away games in the past 12 months.

CATEGORY 3: All other Season Ticket Holders and Club members who are on the Club database.

CATEGORY 4: General sale.

Season ticket holder for 17 years yet I’m 3rd choice :lol:

Yes, and so you should be. Coincidentally there’s about 500 of us fans who follow this club the length and breadth of the country, and they’re the ones who deserve Crawley tickets. I’ll be hacked off it I find out that anyone else (player’s friends and family, club staff etc.) get a ticket. With such a likely low allocation then Crawley is only for those that have put the miles in. I’m actually concerned that four games isn’t quite stringent enough. Needs to be a dozen IMHO.

That’s how it works.

Sorry, I agree with you. I thought that category was for the home leg!

That makes sense for the away, it should be those that travel frequently who get the tickets.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:01 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Yes, and so you should be. Coincidentally there’s about 500 of us fans who follow this club the length and breadth of the country, and they’re the one who deserve Crawley tickets. I’ll be hacked off it I find out that anyone else (player’s friends and family, club staff etc.) get a ticket. With such a likely low allocation then Crawley is only for those that have put the miles in. I’m
Concerned that four games isn’t quite stringent enough. Needs to be a dozen IMHO.

That’s how it works.

I agree, I don't think the standard priority system is suitable when the allocation is likely to be so low.

Yes, but no-one’s prepared to put the effort in at the club to change the criteria.

As I say though, if the allocation away is as small as reported, then we need to put concerted pressure on the club to release ALL of the allocation to actual fans. If I find I’m stood next to players partners, family and mates along with club staff down at Crawley then that’s scandalous.

Last edited by Camdenite on Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:02 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:

Sorry, I agree with you. I thought that category was for the home leg!

That makes sense for the away, it should be those that travel frequently who get the tickets.

No worries.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:13 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
As I say though, if the allocation away is as small as reported, then we need to put concerted pressure on the club to release ALL of the allocation to actual fans. If I find I’m stood next to players partners, family and mates along with club staff down at Crawley then that’s scandalous.

Unfortunately, I think that'll be about as effective as farting against thunder.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

Unfortunately, I think that'll be about as effective as farting against thunder.

I’ll be tagging every player and member of the coaching staff on social reminding them to do the right thing. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 pm 

Of course we will all get tickets, but now it’s a huge fuck around to get everyone in the group to sit next to each other.

And after paying a fucking whopping premium price for Club Red Season Tickets I can’t sit in my favourite seat.

It will also make fuck all difference to the atmosphere. Fucking gimp.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 pm 

If I can’t sit in my seat with the people I have spent years sitting with then I won’t bother going. What a fucking joke this club has become.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:47 pm 

Done for the tv cameras I suspect.
They will probably open the corners when all the other seats in view are filled.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 pm 

Its disappointing as with all the work Dons Action had done, I was quite excited to see how much we could fill the ground. It’s now going to be very hard to quantify that. Closing club red will make absolutely no difference to the atmosphere. It’ll just make the ground look more empty.

Almost as if we’re treating it like a PJT game.

As for the away game, we should have an allocation of 613

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 44  Next