The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Crawley Fans
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 2:06 pm 

Anyone else think its embarrassing we separate the away fans

Post subject: Re: Crawley Fans
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 2:45 pm 

What? Do you mean separated them with a gap in the away stand or that we don't segregate them? Why would anyone want to sit next to an away fan. I remember Dagenham and Redbridge doing it and it passed off without a hitch (I think). The tickets were 99p and we won one 1-0 in the last few minutes (Mark Carrington). That was a league game in January but when the stakes are this high they can sit in the clouds I don't care.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 2:59 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
What? Do you mean separated them with a gap in the away stand or that we don't segregate them? Why would anyone want to sit next to an away fan. I remember Dagenham and Redbridge doing it and it passed off without a hitch (I think). The tickets were 99p and we won one 1-0 in the last few minutes (Mark Carrington). That was a league game in January but when the stakes are this high they can sit in the clouds I don't care.

Mixing fans dampens the atmosphere

I follow Rugby league avidly but also go and watch union. ...the former separates fans the latter does not

The atmosphere at Headingly for Rhinos or the Halloqell Jones in Warrington is far far better than say Quins or Gloucester....consistent chanting etc (often nicked from football)

I believe a section of Quins fans are even petitioning for an away section for that reason

Madness to.mix fans in

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 3:02 pm 

Would anybody like to explain what all this is about? :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 3:02 pm 

Russybcool wrote:

No. Splitting them as in a left side and a right side and nothing in between. As we did to Wycombe.

Not seen anything official but guess Crawley fans have worked out for themselves that no-one has tickets in the middle section(s). Have they even sold out though? Nothing on their OS apart from announcing No Pay on the Day (for them, not us) and a 3pm today deadline leads me to believe not.

As for that Dagenham game, I take it you left before the Carrington goal? Lots of Daggers (or West Ham as rumoured at the time) fans throwing coins at anyone they thought was MK for the last few minutes. Uneventful 89 minutes but the end was pretty bad.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 3:16 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

No. Splitting them as in a left side and a right side and nothing in between. As we did to Wycombe.

Not seen anything official but guess Crawley fans have worked out for themselves that no-one has tickets in the middle section(s). Have they even sold out though? Nothing on their OS apart from announcing No Pay on the Day (for them, not us) and a 3pm today deadline leads me to believe not.

As for that Dagenham game, I take it you left before the Carrington goal? Lots of Daggers (or West Ham as rumoured at the time) fans throwing coins at anyone they thought was MK for the last few minutes. Uneventful 89 minutes but the end was pretty bad.

Ahh I couldn't get a ticket cause at 99p they went like hot cakes. It was 13 years ago so I didn't remember any trouble, but I can't imagine scoring a last minute goal would go down well with the team that conceded.

As for tomorrow. Who gives a fuck. On their forum it is according to them an MK fan who has alluded to that happening, but did we put Wycombe in the top tier? I can't remember as the middle block of seats some times it taken out for gigs in the lower tier is it not? We have a gig there 30th May. Don't know if that bears any relevance at all

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 3:55 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

“50pz goin everyware man it waz mental”

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 5:16 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Would anybody like to explain what all this is about? :lol:

I'm getting that on my gravestone.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:20 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
Anyone else think its embarrassing we separate the away fans

No …..any amount of shit we can give them is fine by me.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 8:25 pm 

It's embarrassing. PW said he wanted a 'sporting advantage' or some bollocks.

As for Dagenham, as a 15 year old on only my second away game on my own it was terrifying, exciting and hilarious in equal measure.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023