THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Playoff mentality
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:50 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
We haven't even played the first leg yet

yes, but people do need to save up. It is going to be about £80 for me in train ticket and match ticket and that is if the trains don't go up as we will only know 9 days prior if we need to bother. Not everyone can magic the money our of their arse.

This. It's almost as if I was making sense yesterday.

This sense thing....it will never catch on. Not in these parts anyway. Plus there is another £20 at least for the home leg and lets see how many bother going to Barrow or even Doncaster, hell even Crawley or Crewe won't get many and don't delude yourself that it will. 500 tops for any game we play in the play offs. The play offs annoy me on so many levels before a ball has even been kicked and you will get the usual wags on Social Media if we only take 10k to Wembley (not that that I give too much of a shit), but all in all if you want to do all three you are look at easily £150 plus just in match tickets and travel for me (this is why I would love it to be Walsall. I can get a return ticket on the train for £18) and that is on the conservative side. I know I don't have that just falling out my wallet, trust me life would be a lot easier if I did.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:53 am 

500 tops for Crawley and/or Crewe :lol:

We took over 1k to Huddersfield 2-0 down in midweek, we're hardly going to struggle to take less than what we usually take to 1. The most easily accessible away trip on our calender 2. A relatively simple trip to Crawley

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:57 am 

Alby39 wrote:

We took over 1k to Huddersfield 2-0 down in midweek, we're hardly going to struggle to take less than what we usually take to 1. The most easily accessible away trip on our calender 2. A relatively simple trip to Crawley

The position from the first leg is irrelevant given that it's only 3/4 days before the second leg (three in this case). People have already decided if they're going or not before the first leg has been played.

I think we might just about get 1000 going to Crewe or Crawley.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:05 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

yes, but people do need to save up. It is going to be about £80 for me in train ticket and match ticket and that is if the trains don't go up as we will only know 9 days prior if we need to bother. Not everyone can magic the money our of their arse.

This sense thing....it will never catch on. Not in these parts anyway. Plus there is another £20 at least for the home leg and lets see how many bother going to Barrow or even Doncaster, hell even Crawley or Crewe won't get many and don't delude yourself that it will. 500 tops for any game we play in the play offs. The play offs annoy me on so many levels before a ball has even been kicked and you will get the usual wags on Social Media if we only take 10k to Wembley (not that that I give too much of a shit), but all in all if you want to do all three you are look at easily £150 plus just in match tickets and travel for me (this is why I would love it to be Walsall. I can get a return ticket on the train for £18) and that is on the conservative side. I know I don't have that just falling out my wallet, trust me life would be a lot easier if I did.

We took 505 to Crawley for the league game in August. Do you really think we’d take less than that to the play off game?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:06 am 

Alby39 wrote:

What the play off game 12 years ago? Fucking hell I will give you the straws to clutch. I am pretty sure 12 years ago a carton of cheap Asda orange juice didn't cost £1.19 and that petrol was not £1.50 a litre. I maybe wrong we might take a fleet of coaches to the away leg but don't forget no trains are running that weekend (so not that simple is it????) so I doubt I would be arsed unless I drive and fuck driving to Crawley from where I am. I am not trying to shit on your parade, but be realistic here not everyone lives in your ivory tower where money is no object and outside factors like train strikes don't exist.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:08 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

We took 505 to Crawley for the league game in August. Do you really think we’d take less than that to the play off game?

Trains strikes. Paying for potentially 3 games in a week (don't forget, no season tickets so you have to pay for the home game). The only thing going for it is the away leg is first all I am saying is people need to prioritise and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the one that suffers cause it would be for me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:15 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

The position from the first leg is irrelevant given that it's only 3/4 days before the second leg (three in this case). People have already decided if they're going or not before the first leg has been played.

I think we might just about get 1000 going to Crewe or Crawley.

Let's hope it is Crawley and not Barrow or Bradford.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:16 am 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Attachment:
Compress_20240424_232054_4637.jpg
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Last years prices (same as previous year)....
PRICES

Cat 1 - £60 Adults, £45 Young Adult, £30 Conc.

Cat 2 - £48 Adults, £36 Young Adult, £24 Conc.

Cat 3 - £44 Adults, £33 Young Adult, £22 Conc.

Cat 4 - £38 Adults, £28.50 Young Adult, £19 Conc.

Cat 5 - £32 Adults, £24 Young Adult, £16 Conc.

Cat 6 - £26 Adults, £19.50 Young Adult, £13 Conc.

Some value options I guess but I've been in the Gods a few times there and it's a long way up

There should be a family option like they do for the Challenge Cup final (we go each year)

If we make it then we'll do our usual thing of driving and bringing as much stuff with us as we can to avoid £11 burgers and £4 cans of coke (got some good little parking spots in the area I have used)

I'd probably go category 4 myself

From my experience of going to Wembley for England games it's generally worth paying that little bit more to get a better view. The seats right at the back aren't a great experience. It's nice to be able to say "I was there" but it doesn't really feel like you've seen the likes of Kane and Bellingham when they're tiny little dots down in the distance.

Having said that, I doubt they will be selling tickets for the very top tier given that the stadium will likely be less than half full.

As I say my main experience of Wembley is the Challenge cup each year where most fans (the noisiest ones anyway) plonk themselves behind the posts

I was using this as a yardstick for where we sit (as never been to a play off) I e. behind posts) you don't think that will be the case for a play off final?

We enjoy block 10 as it's near enough the atmosphere for a bit of chanting when we want and happy to sacrifice a less than optimal game view for that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:12 am 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

Trains strikes. Paying for potentially 3 games in a week (don't forget, no season tickets so you have to pay for the home game). The only thing going for it is the away leg is first all I am saying is people need to prioritise and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the one that suffers cause it would be for me.

There are no train strikes until the Tuesday. Monday is overtime strikes but trains will still be running.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:18 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

What the play off game 12 years ago? Fucking hell I will give you the straws to clutch. I am pretty sure 12 years ago a carton of cheap Asda orange juice didn't cost £1.19 and that petrol was not £1.50 a litre. I maybe wrong we might take a fleet of coaches to the away leg but don't forget no trains are running that weekend (so not that simple is it????) so I doubt I would be arsed unless I drive and fuck driving to Crawley from where I am. I am not trying to shit on your parade, but be realistic here not everyone lives in your ivory tower where money is no object and outside factors like train strikes don't exist.

Jesus, alright sunshine do you mind calming the fuck down? Who's shit on your cornflakes????

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next