THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Playoff mentality
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:26 am 

It's us. It's a play-off semi-final. It isn't going to happen.

I've made provisional alternative plans for the 19th already.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:01 am 

My knobski remains firm and solid as a preverbal rock, he's rigidly sticking to cheering on the Dons at the Play-Off Final.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:05 am 

The talk of away day thumpings doesn't factor in MW's philosophy in regards to league games, he has definitely come out and said it doesn't make a difference in you lose by one goal or four goals and I think we have seen the team reflect this in the way it has chased getting a goal back. That won't apply in the play offs where the deficit needs to be recovered in the home game so I expect we will see a different approach if we are behind at any point.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:50 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
The talk of away day thumpings doesn't factor in MW's philosophy in regards to league games, he has definitely come out and said it doesn't make a difference in you lose by one goal or four goals and I think we have seen the team reflect this in the way it has chased getting a goal back. That won't apply in the play offs where the deficit needs to be recovered in the home game so I expect we will see a different approach if we are behind at any point.

This is the worry I have. You assume he wouldn't be so blasé in the play offs, but we couldn't keep a lead for seven minutes against Notts County. I just have zero faith in his ability to adapt the playing style to suite the occasion. However, it is looking like we avoid Doncaster so that is nice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:58 am 

Russybcool wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:

This is the worry I have. You assume he wouldn't be so blasé in the play offs, but we couldn't keep a lead for seven minutes against Notts County. I just have zero faith in his ability to adapt the playing style to suite the occasion. However, it is looking like we avoid Doncaster so that is nice.

Could still face Bradford though. One of, if not the best supported (genuine support) team in the league.

They'll be absolutely rocking at Valley Parade and no doubt we'll let them bring 7k fans to StadMK.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:25 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:

Could still face Bradford though. One of, if not the best supported (genuine support) team in the league.

They'll be absolutely rocking at Valley Parade and no doubt we'll let them bring 7k fans to StadMK.

I'd hope we'd give them the absolute minimum obvs but I can see them dominating it like a home tie with 7000 too

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:28 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
It's us. It's a play-off semi-final. It isn't going to happen.

I've made provisional alternative plans for the 19th already.

Ha ha ..what do you see here Dan?

Attachments:
download.jpeg
download.jpeg [ 4.24 KiB | Viewed 90 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:30 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Been reading this thread, and others, with interest this last few weeks - seems to be a lot of PTSD going around when it comes to playoffs.

Personally, I can only really reference the last attempt - the L1 playoff vs Wycombe (although I also suffered heartbreak at Wembley as an 18 year old Sunderland fan after a rollercoaster 4-4 draw with Charlton!).

But wasn't the main criticism back then that we changed our style - "tried to out-Wycombe Wycombe" as someone put it? We went there with a new game plan, got schooled, and then couldn't turn the deficit around in an excellent home game a few days later.

But now people are saying we need to change our style away to Barrow or whoever?

Not saying I disagree necessarily either - we do seem partial to an away-day thumping. I am torn.

I'd argue the play offs are so different to what has gone before that it has to be disregarded

By the law of averages we are due a play off success I'd say

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:30 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Ha ha ..what do you see here Dan?

A very nice table being spoiled by not having a coaster underneath that glass. :D

In all seriousness, the day after the play-off final is my birthday. Obviously I'll go to Wembley if we get there, but to be perfectly honest I'd rather have the Sunday free to do other things!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:35 pm 

You don't have to go. Knowing you, you'll go and stay in the pub and watch it on your phone

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next