THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:25 am 

What bothers me is how prone we are to conceding 3/4/5 when we go behind. Coming away from the first leg 1-0 down, or a draw is fine and I would be ok with that but we dont have many results like that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:45 am 

Magpie wrote:
What bothers me is how prone we are to conceding 3/4/5 when we go behind. Coming away from the first leg 1-0 down, or a draw is fine and I would be ok with that but we dont have many results like that.

This. I'd not be at all disappointed with a 1-0 defeat in the first leg but anything more than that really worries me. We concede and just switch off, almost like we give up and can't be bothered. O'Hora's passing a fine example of that, as he just starts to pass without care.

We need to play more conservatively away from home. We're just so unbelievably open. The only team that hasn't exploited us away from home in recent games is FGR.

We've conceded 41 goals away from home, compared to 23 at home. Considering we're 4th in the League, only 6 teams out of the 24 have conceded more away from home than us.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:37 pm 

I agree that our game management worries me, but I have hope and faith that we do have quality overall to see out a game when we know what rides on a two legged affair. It isn't just a 90 minute game, it's literally a double header so you'd hope that if we're 1-0 down with 5 to go we aren't too silly about it. Kinda the same if we're 2...

But I prefer to think about what it'd be like if Dean and Gilbey etc score away and we're competitive than worrying about our fragilities*

*I always complain about them so this is rich from me.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:19 am 

Alby39 wrote:
I agree that our game management worries me, but I have hope and faith that we do have quality overall to see out a game when we know what rides on a two legged affair. It isn't just a 90 minute game, it's literally a double header……

I hope so.
If it’s 1-1 in a normal away match, it’s worth going for the extra 2 points for a win. In a double header you just take the draw. And even if you are losing 0-1 or 0-2, you don’t need to attack all-out and risk conceding another. But it’s tempting to try and win the away leg if you feel you ought to be the better team.