THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:06 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
The first few paragraphs are overly negative in my opinion and that's coming from someone that has supported this club well before the move to MK.

To say the team hasn't turned up isn't fair. Under Williamson, we have gone from 17th to 4th. I'd say that is some achievement. We are still in with a strong shout (if you disregard previous play off campaigns) of getting promoted back to League 1 at the first attempt.

I wish for once we'd put the negativity aside and get behind the team the best we can.

The team didn't turn up last Saturday. That is not a lie. 2 shots on goal in 97 minutes 4 goals conceded at home where we are usually a better team. If that was any other team there would be an inquest as to why we didn't turn up and most fans would be pissed off.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
The first few paragraphs are overly negative in my opinion and that's coming from someone that has supported this club well before the move to MK.

To say the team hasn't turned up isn't fair. Under Williamson, we have gone from 17th to 4th. I'd say that is some achievement. We are still in with a strong shout (if you disregard previous play off campaigns) of getting promoted back to League 1 at the first attempt.

I wish for once we'd put the negativity aside and get behind the team the best we can.

The team didn't turn up last Saturday. That is not a lie. 2 shots on goal in 97 minutes 4 goals conceded at home where we are usually a better team. If that was any other team there would be an inquest as to why we didn't turn up and most fans would be pissed off.

100% This

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:42 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:

While I agree with some of the negative stuff I think it's over the top too

We all live in the moment supporting teams and feelings are often more intense at that very time

We are 4th and the bookies have us favourites in the play offs. It really ain't that bad a spot yo be in

Just absorb the Jekyll and Hyde performances.....it'll be even sweeter if we triumph at Wembley knowing it was hard won

Personally I'm not overly interested in the next two games ....the real matches are to come and I go with the sentiment of taking it easy / resting who we can

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm 

The last few paragraphs are overly negative in my bell's opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:11 pm 

In answer to some of the criticism regarding some of my comments being judged as overly negative, I will say I say it as I see it, but I will also say I am still passionate about this team.
On several occasions the team has not turned up, that’s not negative that is a fact.
I am fully aware what MW has done in his time, but it still doesn’t alter the facts, ignoring those facts also doesn’t change anything.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 pm 

WellDon wrote:
In answer to some of the criticism regarding some of my comments being judged as overly negative, I will say I say it as I see it, but I will also say I am still passionate about this team.
On several occasions the team has not turned up, that’s not negative that is a fact.
I am fully aware what MW has done in his time, but it still doesn’t alter the facts, ignoring those facts also doesn’t change anything.

He has done OK. The lack of any defensive mindfulness is worrying considering he is a defender by trade. Regardless of if we are winning or losing those defenders will still be on the half way line trying to play the offside trap. I mean come on now regardless of how slippery fingers was should we really be conceding in the 91st minute against Notts County when we took the lead in the 83rd minute? I just feel that even if we took a lead into the 2nd leg of the play offs he would never change. There is a reason we only have 8 draws this season. This is one reason why I don't care about these two games. Just get through them with no injuries and suspensions that is all I ask for.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 pm 

WellDon wrote:

I would not call it criticism, more of an alternative point of view.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:28 pm 

The last two pages are too negative imo.

FWIW I think it's a fair assessment. It's not directly at MW, it's the overall 'thing' of this season. It'd have been different and better if MW came in earlier.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit