THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:56 pm 

So, the big boys get their own way again, Klopps legacy as he fucks off into oblivion, sod the smaller clubs it’s all about the big six.

How about the top six finishers in the premier league are exempt from the FA Cup? Just concentrate on your European failures instead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:54 pm 

I used to care about the fa cup, the romance, the draw, recently I don't give a crap, so don't give a crap either, most club's don't care, put weakened side's out etc etc, not not bothered, we can't get people in for a crucial game v Mansfield, so won't affect us in any way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:57 pm 

I recently went on a rant about why I dislike Klopp. People like him have caused this. Vermin.

Same goes for Thomas Frank. A man at the helm of a football club who had a cup replay in 2005 that helped keep them going. Short term memories, but also an indication these parasites haven't got the first bit of knowledge about their own club let alone the traditions of the tournament.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 pm 

It's all Tucker's fault you know.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 pm 

This is the reality of where we are at in English football, I'm actually surprised this has taken so long to happen and I feel like it's only the beginning of a shift away from a true pyramid system in English football.

Elite football is driven purely by money, the recent FA Cup TV rights highlight the lack of real interest in the competition. But extra games in the Champions League = £££

I have to say whilst I hate this decision and it will remove potentially really special replays against big teams, some of us must be kind of relieved we won't have to travel to *insert northern L1 or L2 team we've already played twice that season* on a cold Tuesday night after drawing with them in the home game

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:32 am 

Rough with the smooth, as pain in the arse as that is, we don't have to go, and the format means potential chances for Hyde to take us to a replay, or Spennymoor, or Cambridge City, or Farsley Celtic, or Taunton... as shit as it is/was for us to deak with, those moments for those clubs were like us getting that opportunity against a Premier League team. Is it lucky to go to Port Vale for a replay? Yeah, but that's the format and we can't be picky.

I know you agree with all this, just emphasising it.

Also massively disappointed we haven't released a statement yet - but absolutely not surprised.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:05 am 

To be honest I not all that fussed. For all those who wax lyrically, there are others who can't be bothered going. The smaller teams will have a chance of extra time and penalties, so could get into the next round.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:21 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Rough with the smooth, as pain in the arse as that is, we don't have to go, and the format means potential chances for Hyde to take us to a replay, or Spennymoor, or Cambridge City, or Farsley Celtic, or Taunton... as shit as it is/was for us to deak with, those moments for those clubs were like us getting that opportunity against a Premier League team. Is it lucky to go to Port Vale for a replay? Yeah, but that's the format and we can't be picky.

I know you agree with all this, just emphasising it.

Also massively disappointed we haven't released a statement yet - but absolutely not surprised.

'Re statement. Not a good look now that majority of clubs have come out and made one,

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:14 am 

I worked out yesterday that Cambridge City got a crowd of 394 for their 3rd Qualifying Round tie against Billericay. When they got their draw against us, the crowd was 4126 on a weeknight.

10.5 times the gate receipts, and that's us barely caring.

It's not just about the financial aspects either, you have moments like Bristol City beating West Ham this year, teams such as Arsenal, Man Utd, Tottenham and Chelsea all having won the competition via a replay. They'll be missed and I'm gutted we aren't doing a statement.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:33 am 

DippyDon wrote:
I worked out yesterday that Cambridge City got a crowd of 394 for their 3rd Qualifying Round tie against Billericay. When they got their draw against us, the crowd was 4126 on a weeknight.

10.5 times the gate receipts, and that's us barely caring.

It's not just about the financial aspects either, you have moments like Bristol City beating West Ham this year, teams such as Arsenal, Man Utd, Tottenham and Chelsea all having won the competition via a replay. They'll be missed and I'm gutted we aren't doing a statement.

For what I can see, only 6 teams in League 2 haven't done a statement, including us.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next