THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Playoffs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:16 am 

Now that we are mathematically confirmed to finish in the playoffs, I thought I may as well start a thread for it. Incredibly, with only 2 weeks left of the season, it is still possible for us to face any one of 9 different teams in the playoff semi-final.

Here they all are:
Crewe
Barrow
Crawley
Walsall
Doncaster
Gillingham
AFC Wimbledon
Harrogate
Bradford

So, who do you want? Seeing a lot of people say they hope we avoid Doncaster, and they probably are the ones I would fear most of those teams. Unfortunately, it's in their hands after last night's results.

For obvious reasons, I hope we avoid AFC, although their chances look pretty slim with only 2 games to go. Equally, Alexander's Bradford would either be absolutely hilarious to beat or absolutely heartbreaking to lose to.

My preferred option would be Walsall, especially after we saw what we did to them only a couple of weeks ago at our place. Crawley also wouldn't be the end of the world, and they are a realistic possibility too.

Post subject: Re: Playoffs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:31 am 

Ideally I would like Walsall. I think we are better than them and over two games should get the opportunity to maximise on that.

I would rather avoid Doncaster, they are in great form and historically we have always struggled against them. I dont think AFC or Gillingham will make it so if it cant be Walsall and hopefully not Doncaster I would prefer Crewe over either Crawley or Barrow.

Almost certainly, we will get Doncaster!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:51 am 

I feel like if we're going to win the play offs we're going to have to play Doncaster at some point.

I think I'd rather have them over two legs. Do our best to contain them at the Keepmoat in the first leg, then hope that what has generally been good home form can get us over the line in the second and to Wembley. I think if we play them in a one off huge game at Wembley, especially with the momentum they currently have, then our players will shit themselves (à la Stockport and Mansfield).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 am 

Gravel Path to Martti wrote:
I feel like if we're going to win the play offs we're going to have to play Doncaster at some point.

I think I'd rather have them over two legs. Do our best to contain them at the Keepmoat in the first leg, then hope that what has generally been good home form can get us over the line in the second and to Wembley. I think if we play them in a one off huge game at Wembley, especially with the momentum they currently have, then our players will shit themselves (à la Stockport and Mansfield).

For an away trip Crewe. However, I thought they outplayed us at Stadium MK for a lot of the game and have a big guy upfront similarly, Barrow. So I would prefer Crawley, although they outplayed us away as well, similarly Doncaster. :?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:08 am 

Based on our away and big game form I don't expect us to get promoted no matter who we play.