THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:47 pm 

midfielder wrote:
I seem to remember there being thousands of people being on Midsummer Boulevard when Red Bull won the Championship, and not many were F1 fans ?

There were lots of F1 and non-F1 fans about that day - which was especially impressive because it was fucking freezing! :lol:

But in any case, we're talking about world champions in one of the world's most popular sports, and a major local employer - and the cars actually being driven.

Not quite the same as a load of footballers who finished second in League One standing about on a bus, is it?

In fact, I'd go as far as saying that there might well be more Red Bull fans in MK than Dons fans.

Last edited by Lieutenant Dan on Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm 

I remember the 88 Cup Parade through Midsummer Boulevard too, Alan Cork in his underpants and all that

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:00 pm 

voxish wrote:
Zeberdee wrote:
midfielder wrote:
20 years goes by and the fan base is what it is.

Pete didn't / couldn't invest to keep us in the Championship. If he had, maybe we would still be there in lower mid table with a slowly growing fan base and the loan of some Premier League squad players to give us a bit of excitement.

And season after season selling your best players doesn't help either. I'm sure first decent offer they get for Dean he,'ll be next to go.

That's an absolute fact of life for any club outside the Championship. Leagues 1 and 2 are broadly similar financially (with the exception of teams who have temporarily dipped from the big time) but the championship is an order of magnitude more expensive as are the risks of failure. Just add a zero onto the end of transfer fees.

To be fair, its a fact of life for many Championship clubs too - especially those without parachute payments. Once the PL comes knocking, the player is off. Few exceptions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:51 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
midfielder wrote:
I seem to remember there being thousands of people being on Midsummer Boulevard when Red Bull won the Championship, and not many were F1 fans ?

There were lots of F1 and non-F1 fans about that day - which was especially impressive because it was fucking freezing! :lol:

But in any case, we're talking about world champions in one of the world's most popular sports, and a major local employer - and the cars actually being driven.

Not quite the same as a load of footballers who finished second in League One standing about on a bus, is it?

In fact, I'd go as far as saying that there might well be more Red Bull fans in MK than Dons fans.

Precisely why Winkie man should have accepted their offer. Then our fanbase would have been MASSIVE.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:23 pm 

Pete should have been given the chequered flag to wave. We had lots of flag waving at the NHS, but even this spectacle died at SMK.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:25 pm 

Scum. wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
midfielder wrote:

Precisely why Winkie man should have accepted their offer. Then our fanbase would have been MASSIVE.

Disgusting over-hyped fizzy drink, all-pervasive single-entendre advertising - no thanks. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:36 pm 

voxish wrote:
Scum. wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
midfielder wrote:

Disgusting over-hyped fizzy drink, all-pervasive single-entendre advertising - no thanks. :evil:

That’s red bullshit and you know it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6