THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:28 pm 

I live in a fuck off posh area, no where near MK, but doubt if people in general living in MK would be against their local club, put off by stigma etc.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm 

Zeberdee wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
We averaged 13,157 in the Championship (20th out of 24 and two of them Brentford and Rotherham were due to their grounds being smaller than 13k). Deluded to think that even going up the leagues would do anything. Factor in increased away fans that is appalling for a team that reached the highest it has ever been. 21,345 was our highest against Brighton and I can hazard a guess they took a fair few or it was a family fun day maybe. Just face facts the populous of MK don't and will not care unless we get to the Premier League and even then I would struggle to see that happening. Can't want us at our worst. Don't deserve us at our best springs to mind.

Let's be honest. New city. Lots of people thrown together from all over. no real connection to the city apart from being a decent place to live. No community spirit, you saw the bus parade Luton had last year. Half the town was there because they felt a bit of pride in the town even if they don't go to games , if MK had a bus parade how many would turn out for it ?

We had a stage in the shopping mall and it was frequented by about 300 people when we got promoted to the Championship. I was one of them and I don't live anywhere near MK. It is about being bothered and nobody can be bothered so don't try. I get it in my town on a smaller scale. I live in a town of 50000 people approx and only 500 people go watch the local team play. The manager who has been at the club for years questioned why only 1% of the town bother. Might have something to do with being in the third tier of non-league football. It's hard to justify going when there is zero incentive to be interested. As for Luton fans they probably are fans, but never can get to games cause Kenilworth Road is a shoebox. They could probably sell out Kenilworth Road twice over at least. We will never get to that level in my lifetime.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:42 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
I've met loads of people who won't go because Alby goes, and they don't want to be associated with his type. It's the real reason why Dan stopped going.

Someone had to say it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:50 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
I live in a fuck off posh area, no where near MK, but doubt if people in general living in MK would be against their local club, put off by stigma etc.

The vast majority of people don't follow football any more than other sports but if asked all they know about MK Dons is that somehow they wangled themselves into the football league at the expense of Wimbledon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:38 pm 

voxish wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

The vast majority of people don't follow football any more than other sports but if asked all they know about MK Dons is that somehow they wangled themselves into the football league at the expense of Wimbledon.

But as you said yourself, they don't follow football especially, and so aren't likely to attend a game either way.

You keep banging on about this but you haven't provided any evidence or experience whatsoever that there are significant numbers of people who don't come to our games because of the move.

In 20 years, I reckon I can count the number of people I've met who have refused to watch MK Dons for history reasons on the fingers of one hand. I've probably met hundreds who don't go because of some of the many valid reasons listed on this thread.

Last edited by Lieutenant Dan on Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:38 pm 

WellDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
I've met loads of people who won't go because Alby goes, and they don't want to be associated with his type. It's the real reason why Dan stopped going.

Someone had to say it.

Au contraire, he's the reason I've started going again! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:02 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
WellDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

Someone had to say it.

Au contraire, he's the reason I've started going again! :lol:

You've become a Nouveau Chav.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:31 pm 

Once Dan realised I'd stopped bashing people's heads in at games it became worthwhile to come again

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:58 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Once Dan realised I'd stopped bashing people's heads in at games it became worthwhile to come again

You've stopped that now? I thought you were Top Boy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 pm 

Zeberdee wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
We averaged 13,157 in the Championship (20th out of 24 and two of them Brentford and Rotherham were due to their grounds being smaller than 13k). Deluded to think that even going up the leagues would do anything. Factor in increased away fans that is appalling for a team that reached the highest it has ever been. 21,345 was our highest against Brighton and I can hazard a guess they took a fair few or it was a family fun day maybe. Just face facts the populous of MK don't and will not care unless we get to the Premier League and even then I would struggle to see that happening. Can't want us at our worst. Don't deserve us at our best springs to mind.

Let's be honest. New city. Lots of people thrown together from all over. no real connection to the city apart from being a decent place to live. No community spirit, you saw the bus parade Luton had last year. Half the town was there because they felt a bit of pride in the town even if they don't go to games , if MK had a bus parade how many would turn out for it ?

I seem to remember there being thousands of people being on Midsummer Boulevard when Red Bull won the Championship, and not many were F1 fans ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next