THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Left Centre Back
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:07 am 

Assuming Joe Tomlinson is injured or being rested for the play offs, who would you play at left centre back in the next two games?

Dean Lewington or is he now too slow? Tucker or Norman being swapped from the right to the left? MJ Williams or O'Hora? Daniel Harvie? Stewart, who is out of favour?

If Daniel Harvie, who should play left wingback? Wearne? Norman or Lofthouse switched from the right? One of the youngsters or perhaps Lewie? Or another??

You decide. :D

Post subject: Re: Left Centre Back
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:41 am 

Norman - O’Hora - Tucker
Lofthouse —————-Harvie

Tucker isn’t terrible with his left foot, so could work.

Our biggest issue is LWB as I don’t rate Harvie at all at the moment. Problem is we don’t have anyone else that can effectively play there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:06 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Norman - O’Hora - Tucker
Lofthouse —————-Harvie

Tucker isn’t terrible with his left foot, so could work. Woo

Our biggest issue is LWB as I don’t rate Harvie at all at the moment. Problem is we don’t have anyone else that can effectively play there.

Not sure about that. Tucker got a lot of blame last season and I would want him to play in his natural position. If it's a small pitch, I would be happy to play Lewie, but I would also be interested in seeing Norman as left centre or wing back.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:27 am 

Harvie was dreadful yesterday. I know Lewington got some stick on here but I thought harvie was hopeless defensively and going forwards yesterday. Tomlinson out is a huge miss for us. There are no easy answers but I would have Norman in that back 3. The o ‘ hora, tucker, Lewington combo is the combo that constantly crumbled last season and earlier this season. It doesn’t work for whatever reason.

5 against Stockport, 4 against Mansfield and 3 against notts- I do fear for us in the play offs as we are so weak at the back against decent sides in this league. Doncaster murdered us away this season even when they were not on form.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:34 am 

Zen wrote:
Harvie was dreadful yesterday. I know Lewington got some stick on here but I thought harvie was hopeless defensively and going forwards yesterday. Tomlinson out is a huge miss for us. There are no easy answers but I would have Norman in that back 3. The o ‘ hora, tucker, Lewington combo is the combo that constantly crumbled last season and earlier this season. It doesn’t work for whatever reason.

5 against Stockport, 4 against Mansfield and 3 against notts- I do fear for us in the play offs as we are so weak at the back against decent sides in this league. Doncaster murdered us away this season even when they were not on form.

I'd honestly use the next 2 games to try something new at LWB. It's a massive issue for us and I genuinely believe a key difference between us going up or not.

With the CAM options we have on the bench, I'd love to see what Gilbey can do there. He is a very similar type of player to Tomlinson.

Of course, you're then losing the influence of Gilbey further up the field, but you could have Harrison leading the line with Dean and Wearne/Kemp/Tezgel in behind. Or you keep Dean leading with 2 of those 3 behind him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:16 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Zen wrote:

I'd honestly use the next 2 games to try something new at LWB. It's a massive issue for us and I genuinely believe a key difference between us going up or not.

With the CAM options we have on the bench, I'd love to see what Gilbey can do there. He is a very similar type of player to Tomlinson.

Of course, you're then losing the influence of Gilbey further up the field, but you could have Harrison leading the line with Dean and Wearne/Kemp/Tezgel in behind. Or you keep Dean leading with 2 of those 3 behind him.

He did try Gilbey at wing back in one of his earlier games in charge. I don't remember the exact game but pretty sure it was a Tuesday night at home. Around the same time he experimented with Leko in that position. I seem to remember it was a bit of a disaster, so I doubt he'll try it again.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:30 pm 

Marschall.