THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:44 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Unfortunately there’s very little we can do about ticket prices for the home play off game. Basically the four competing teams split the semi final gate revenue from all four ties equally (12.5% each and 50% to EFL to be shared amongst the league based on league position). Therefore you need the agreement of all three competing teams, not just the one you’re facing, I believe and it’s difficult to argue for anything other than your average price based on your average gate as a benchmark for the revenue.

Someone suggested to me that “we should do £5 a ticket, that’d sell out 30,000, and there’d be a £150K in revenue to be shared”. That ignores the fact that we wouldn’t get 30,000 in anyway, but equally, if the average ticket is even just £20, then we only need 7,500 through the turnstiles to reach that same £150K. That’s what all four clubs will be looking at when deciding what price they’ll allow us to sell at. They’ll probably argue £25 a ticket gets you that same 7,500 attendance surely? They’d probably be right.

Yeah I figured this would be a bit of a problem. But the least we can do is try. I'm not suggesting the prices should be as low as a fiver but maybe somewhere between £10 and £15 and I think it could work all round. The sort of price we would have for a family fun day. If the other clubs don't agree to it then so be it, but I'd rather we tried

Going back to the Cullen years we always did, but as stated, opposition usually denied it.

Whether anyone currently at the club feels the same way over this matter, is, er, debatable.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:06 pm 

Where there is a will there is a way. Can we maintain current ticket prices but "Bring a Friend" etc like season ticket holders already get once?

Or "U21s are £6. PS - we are only checking the ID of away fans"

:-)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:40 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Unfortunately there’s very little we can do about ticket prices for the home play off game. Basically the four competing teams split the semi final gate revenue from all four ties equally (12.5% each and 50% to EFL to be shared amongst the league based on league position). Therefore you need the agreement of all three competing teams, not just the one you’re facing, I believe and it’s difficult to argue for anything other than your average price based on your average gate as a benchmark for the revenue.

Someone suggested to me that “we should do £5 a ticket, that’d sell out 30,000, and there’d be a £150K in revenue to be shared”. That ignores the fact that we wouldn’t get 30,000 in anyway, but equally, if the average ticket is even just £20, then we only need 7,500 through the turnstiles to reach that same £150K. That’s what all four clubs will be looking at when deciding what price they’ll allow us to sell at. They’ll probably argue £25 a ticket gets you that same 7,500 attendance surely? They’d probably be right.

Yeah I figured this would be a bit of a problem. But the least we can do is try. I'm not suggesting the prices should be as low as a fiver but maybe somewhere between £10 and £15 and I think it could work all round. The sort of price we would have for a family fun day. If the other clubs don't agree to it then so be it, but I'd rather we tried

Going back to the Cullen years we always did, but as stated, opposition usually denied it.

Whether anyone currently at the club feels the same way over this matter, is, er, debatable.

He knew what he was doing - Or as Ford Prefect said (He's) "a man who knows where his towel is" ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:13 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
And I've saved some money by not going to Harrogate. :D

But you'll miss the chance to see the fantastic Victorian baths!!

And though I am not a Wetherspoons man the one there is unbelievable and must be the most impressive 'pub' I've ever been in.....built inside the old Winter Gardens and well worth a visit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:29 pm 

Leighton wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

And though I am not a Wetherspoons man the one there is unbelievable and must be the most impressive 'pub' I've ever been in.....built inside the old Winter Gardens and well worth a visit

There's always next season. :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:35 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Leighton wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Surely you mean we will draw them away in the cup ? (Did you not read the positivity vibes thread?) ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:41 pm 

Leighton wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Leighton wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Surely you mean we will draw them away in the cup ? (Did you not read the positivity vibes thread?) ;)

Of couse. Onwards and upwards.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:02 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Ah, didn't know that rule to be fair.

£5 tickets is silly, but you'd hope £20 max would be a good start

Yeah, you’d hope so, but as I say, it’s out of our hands to some degree. The opposition would see it as trying to create a competitive advantage and the other two teams would question why their revenue was potentially being slashed. It’s up to us to strongly argue that £20 a ticket gets 10,000 home fans in while £25 only gets 7,500.

Also, as for “not letting them have millions of tickets”, I think we’re duty bound to give them at least 10% so that’s not far off Mansfield’s figure yesterday.

Wycombe definitely didn't have as many as Mansfield yesterday. I know we're obligated to give them a certain amount of tickets, but we should give them the absolute minimum. No more.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:21 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

Yeah, you’d hope so, but as I say, it’s out of our hands to some degree. The opposition would see it as trying to create a competitive advantage and the other two teams would question why their revenue was potentially being slashed. It’s up to us to strongly argue that £20 a ticket gets 10,000 home fans in while £25 only gets 7,500.

Also, as for “not letting them have millions of tickets”, I think we’re duty bound to give them at least 10% so that’s not far off Mansfield’s figure yesterday.

Wycombe definitely didn't have as many as Mansfield yesterday. I know we're obligated to give them a certain amount of tickets, but we should give them the absolute minimum. No more.

Max we have to give is 2,000. We gave Mansfield 3,500+ and I believe that is the first time this season we've done so. Pretty sure we kept Wrexham to the minimum.

Isn't it also the first time this season we've had away fans in the lower tier? Considering our home form, it seems mad to me that we would stray away from the norm, especially given the importance of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:34 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

Max we have to give is 2,000. We gave Mansfield 3,500+ and I believe that is the first time this season we've done so. Pretty sure we kept Wrexham to the minimum.

Isn't it also the first time this season we've had away fans in the lower tier? Considering our home form, it seems mad to me that we would stray away from the norm, especially given the importance of the game.

It’s simple…..it’s all about money.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next