THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:08 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Some ideas for the club to try and generate some kind of atmosphere/hype.

* #DonYourWhite - basically the #DonYourRed thing we did at Burton, but in white. Especially the Cowshed, get that stadium looking bright, and stand out. It'd look great on the cameras, and against the black seats it goes opposite and brightens the stadium as much as possible. If we get a similar crowd to the Wycombe home playoff, it'd look good I reckon. Dons shirt or anything white.

* Ex players - Get some old fans favourites around. We did it in 2012 against AFC, loads of ex Dons came out to support us and I sure many would do it again. I think a few came out for Wycombe too. But bring them out onto the field before the game, get a rousing reception, gees up the crowd 15 mins before kickoff. Gleeson, Chadwick, O'Hanlon, Wilbraham, McLeod, Martin, Otsemobor, Kay, even Dele if possible. Just some random names there, sure there's loads more.
Call their names out over the PA, get them onto the field, the crowd will give them a cheer, maybe sing their song.. warm the fans up instead of playing loud chart music before the biggest game of the season drowning out any kind of pre match atmosphere.

* Cheaper tickets/deals - especially for a younger audience. Get that stadium as full as possible. Can't see it happening, they'll try to maximise the profit as much as possible I reckon. But for a big game people will come out. Get that stadium filled as much as possible.

* DonsAction - Will no doubt have ideas, so listen to them and get on board. Display will likely be deployed, get on board and help if you can with donations and volunteer to set up if possible. Get amongst it.

* Flags - if you own a Dons flag, and it's been sat in your shed or garage then bring it out. We've had loads down the years and they've not appeared for a while. Hang it down the Service tunnel, over the top tier or something. Fuck it, even surf it overhead before kickoff.

* Away game - go. Simple as. Book it off from work now if you're working. Maybe the MKDSA can put some kind of deal in place for coaches, maybe they can't, I don't know how it works. But either way, other than Barrow, there's Crawley and Crewe aren't the furthest in terms of travel should we get those. Donny is a bit of a mission too tbf but it'll be a big one and we need to support the lads.

* Spread the word - simple as that. Start spreading the word. Thursday 9th/Friday 10th. 8pm. Game under the lights. Huge game. Get it in people's heads already. Old faces who haven't been down in a while, get them all in.

All really good ideas and devastatingly simple to achieve other than the pricing issue. What is frustrating is I suspect almost none of them will happen. Dons Action are trying, really trying but I get the sense they are getting frustrated with the lack of support from the club, possibly even a hint of 'whats the point' in there?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:25 am 

We did a Christmas sale on shirts for like £15. Why can't we do the same again for the build up to the play offs?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:36 am 

DippyDon wrote:
We did a Christmas sale on shirts for like £15. Why can't we do the same again for the build up to the play offs?

Because its Castore and they wont arrive until approx. Mid 25/26 season

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:10 pm 

Magpie wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Because its Castore and they wont arrive until approx. Mid 25/26 season

We'll do a sale - but for the opponents kits.