THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:42 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Ah, didn't know that rule to be fair.

£5 tickets is silly, but you'd hope £20 max would be a good start

Yeah, you’d hope so, but as I say, it’s out of our hands to some degree. The opposition would see it as trying to create a competitive advantage and the other two teams would question why their revenue was potentially being slashed. It’s up to us to strongly argue that £20 a ticket gets 10,000 home fans in while £25 only gets 7,500.

Also, as for “not letting them have millions of tickets”, I think we’re duty bound to give them at least 10% so that’s not far off Mansfield’s figure yesterday.

Wycombe definitely didn't have as many as Mansfield yesterday. I know we're obligated to give them a certain amount of tickets, but we should give them the absolute minimum. No more.

Max we have to give is 2,000. We gave Mansfield 3,500+ and I believe that is the first time this season we've done so. Pretty sure we kept Wrexham to the minimum.

Isn't it also the first time this season we've had away fans in the lower tier? Considering our home form, it seems mad to me that we would stray away from the norm, especially given the importance of the game.

Notts County had a few in the lower tier. Other than that, I don't think anyone has

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:10 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Ah, didn't know that rule to be fair.

£5 tickets is silly, but you'd hope £20 max would be a good start

Yeah, you’d hope so, but as I say, it’s out of our hands to some degree. The opposition would see it as trying to create a competitive advantage and the other two teams would question why their revenue was potentially being slashed. It’s up to us to strongly argue that £20 a ticket gets 10,000 home fans in while £25 only gets 7,500.

Also, as for “not letting them have millions of tickets”, I think we’re duty bound to give them at least 10% so that’s not far off Mansfield’s figure yesterday.

Wycombe definitely didn't have as many as Mansfield yesterday. I know we're obligated to give them a certain amount of tickets, but we should give them the absolute minimum. No more.

Quite frankly. If it's barrow , Crewe or Crawley. they'd be lucky to sell 800 tickets let alone 2\3k

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:21 pm 

Barrow bringing 800 on a Thursday or a Friday would be a very good turnout, would we take 800 there on a Friday even in the playoffs?

Personally, I'm of the belief that its unfair to deny fans the chance to see their team if the only reason we're not opening it up is for any slight 'sporting advantage.' If we, for example, played Swindon in the playoffs and, let's just say, wanted to take 2,000... but they gave us the usual spot in the corner of the Arkell's stand and didn't give us the uncovered end behind the goal too, knowing we'd sell it, and just left it empty because they wanted an advantage we'd be fuming.

I get why it annoys people that we aren't capping it but it doesn't annoy me. If we're concerned because they'll make more noise, ask yourself whether you make noise when you go to games. Do you sing, chant etc? No? Well, contribute to the atmosphere so they dont outsing us, then it shouldn't bother you how many there are of them because we're doing g our bit to liven things.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:25 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Barrow bringing 800 on a Thursday or a Friday would be a very good turnout, would we take 800 there on a Friday even in the playoffs?

Personally, I'm of the belief that its unfair to deny fans the chance to see their team if the only reason we're not opening it up is for any slight 'sporting advantage.' If we, for example, played Swindon in the playoffs and, let's just say, wanted to take 2,000... but they gave us the usual spot in the corner of the Arkell's stand and didn't give us the uncovered end behind the goal too, knowing we'd sell it, and just left it empty because they wanted an advantage we'd be fuming.

I get why it annoys people that we aren't capping it but it doesn't annoy me. If we're concerned because they'll make more noise, ask yourself whether you make noise when you go to games. Do you sing, chant etc? No? Well, contribute to the atmosphere so they dont outsing us, then it shouldn't bother you how many there are of them because we're doing g our bit to liven things.

Honestly, I wouldn't. You should do all you can to maintain home advantage. The only benefit to open up more than you need to is financial. You can only ever put yourself at a disadvantage on the field.

Swindon legally have to provide 1,572 away tickets. Have they ever given out more than they need to? Not from what I can see.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:35 pm 

Alby39 wrote:

This

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:41 pm 

We’re in the play offs, that’s a huge positive, much better than being lower mid table, going nowhere fast under a dreadful GA regime.

Yes, it’s fucking gutting to fall short again at an auto spot, but it’s not over, we still have a cracking chance at going up

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:06 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

Honestly, I wouldn't. You should do all you can to maintain home advantage. The only benefit to open up more than you need to is financial. You can only ever put yourself at a disadvantage on the field.

Swindon legally have to provide 1,572 away tickets. Have they ever given out more than they need to? Not from what I can see.

They usually open up the stand behind the goal as well as the 800 (possibly more, speculating based on our attendances there) in the Arkell's stand should they have a big enough away following. And that's my point if they only sold us 800 and didn't give us the other one to sell too, it'd be annoying. You might be exclusively in the "doesn't bother me" camp but those who couldn't get a ticket would be fuming and rightly so.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:49 pm 

Dilemma ……do I build a positive vibe for the playoffs and risk getting another kick in the bollocks as we fail to reach Wembley…..it’s a conundrum that’s for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:08 am 

Alby39 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

They usually open up the stand behind the goal as well as the 800 (possibly more, speculating based on our attendances there) in the Arkell's stand should they have a big enough away following. And that's my point if they only sold us 800 and didn't give us the other one to sell too, it'd be annoying. You might be exclusively in the "doesn't bother me" camp but those who couldn't get a ticket would be fuming and rightly so.

Yes, but they HAVE to open up the other stand. They are legally obliged to provide 10% of total capacity to away fans.

Not many clubs, if any at all (bar us) extend that to beyond 10%.

“Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club's certified capacity, if less than 2,000”

I do get your point. Many empty seats if we stick to the 2k requirement but I also think we need to prioritise results on the pitch. I’m fairly certain we have a pretty terrible record at home to teams we sell large away allocations to.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:54 am 

And what if we want to take more than 2000?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next