THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Next season
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:31 am 

Seen a lot of “of well, if we don’t go up, we’ll absolutely storm it next season” from our fans.

I just don’t see it. Far too much of an overhaul required due to expiring contracts and with MW wanting to build his style of football (not some hybrid of trying to ask players bought in by the previous gaffer to do something they’re ill-equipped for) and a policy of buying youngsters to develop then we’re going to be “in transition” for at least the first half of the season, I feel.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:37 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
bigpaul101 wrote:
Like every season, it always depends who we keep / recruit in off season.

I'm sure other teams have been watching Williamson as well!

Genuinely wouldn't be devastated if he left. I don't imagine they'll be queueing up for him. He has done a very good job but there are several black marks / open questions too which would likely put others off until he has proven success with a promotion etc.

Very much this.

For all the nice football we've played at home, we've been generally rubbish away.

If he talks to the players as he does his post match interviews, it's no wonder they appear lethargic. No energy, no passion no enthusiasm.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:51 am 

We have had 18 changes of manager in 20 years. Bearing in mind that one manager lasted 6 years, that means 18 changes in 14 years. We are not going to get anywhere like that, we need a sustained period without a change. MW has done extremely well in his fist spell in FL football and I think we should stick with him and his learning curve.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:43 am 

dons50 wrote:
Wembley will be a great day out.

Will it? Over priced, crap atmosphere and lost any charm the former stadium had.
It also wouldn't be a great day out if we lost.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:00 pm 

dons50 wrote:

Yeah I am hanging on to that after the disappointment of yesterday ....my kids have only ever been there for womens football and rugby league so will be nice for them to see Dons there hopefully

What are people's predictions for the attendance - how different for different teams we might face?

Last edited by Leighton on Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:02 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Will it? Over priced, crap atmosphere and lost any charm the former stadium had.
It also wouldn't be a great day out if we lost.

I go every year for the Challenge Cup final a d always enjoy the occasion.

Its a great stadium and easy enough to get to for us

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:09 pm 

Leighton wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Yeah I am hanging on to that after the disappointment of yesterday ....my kids have only ever been there for womens football and rugby league so will be nice for them to see Dons there hopefully

What are people's predictions for the attendance - how different for different teams we might face?

Didn't we take 35k for the JPT? Although I think Wembley had not been long open, so definitely helped attract more people.

I can't see us taking over 20k if we got to Wembley.

I also don't think any of the teams currently sitting in the play offs would get more than that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:14 pm 

donmentor wrote:
We have had 18 changes of manager in 20 years. Bearing in mind that one manager lasted 6 years, that means 18 changes in 14 years. We are not going to get anywhere like that, we need a sustained period without a change. MW has done extremely well in his fist spell in FL football and I think we should stick with him and his learning curve.

This

Stability can take time....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:17 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Leighton wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Didn't we take 35k for the JPT? Although I think Wembley had not been long open, so definitely helped attract more people.

I can't see us taking over 20k if we got to Wembley.

I also don't think any of the teams currently sitting in the play offs would get more than that.

I think Donny would bring a similar amount to us....40k would be ambitious

Remember Bristol getting 50k plus in one league 2 final

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:34 pm 

Leighton wrote:
donmentor wrote:

This

Stability can take time....

I wasn't for a second suggesting we should change manager again. I am looking forward to what MW does next season with us. But we know full well that he'll move on as soon as he gets a sniff of the higher leagues - just as he did to Gateshead and just as Snake did to us. My point was, I wouldn't be too gutted if he was poached - provided its not the day before the season starts!!