THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: EFL Sky deal
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:12 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
voxish wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
I’m confused. At the moment 100% of games are available watch on TV, either on iFollow or if they have been picked by Sky.

With the iFollow service stopping and Sky showing 1,000 EFL games out of over 3,300, that therefore means there will be no option to stream 2,300 games?

Is that a huge backwards step? From 100% of games being streamable to only 30%?

100% of the games are not available, unless you use a VPN, which is not something which you would expect your average Joe to be doing.

I'm pretty sure this will just mean that Sky show every game which in not at 3PM on a Saturday. So the amount of football which is "legal" to watch in the UK will remain the same. As others have said, there will almost certainly still be iFollow or some equivalent to watch abroad. So if you're desperate to watch every single game, I'm sure the VPN trick will still work.

It's a different thing to just being able to watch abroad when you're on holiday though. I just logged into iFollow on my iPhone in Seville and paid £10 just before the Walsall match. It's a different thing if you live overseas but I don't know the details.

Maybe someone on here who lives abroad can fill us in, but I was under the impression that iFollow was exactly the same no matter where in the world you are. The only difference being which games you can watch if you're inside/outside the UK.

I used to live abroad and use it. Its exactly the same service as you get here when using a VPN or non 3pm sat kick offs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:10 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
If I can watch the Tuesday night games without spending a tenner on iFollow then I'm all for it.

Cool for some that can afford stupid sky sports fees.

I gave up when the first lock down hit, and it's been a noticeable saving. Any game I want to see I'll go to the pub for. Now I can't watch midweek games (understand the 3pm blackout) of my own club because I have to pay for sky... its pretty shit for those who can't afford it.

Yeah, I totally get that. My post was very much from a selfish point of view. As somebody that already pays ridiculous amounts to subscribe to Sky and TNT, the additional £10 to watch on iFollow is a bit of a pain. Particularly when you have a period with a lot of Tuesday games it quickly adds up. I've often found myself deciding I won't watch the Dons as there's a big Champions League game on TV, which I'm already paying for.

But if you don't already have Sky, then this must be a right nuisance. I get it.

I'm in the same boat that I have SKY anyway (not just for football but other sports)

I assume the non black out games I can now save a tenner on but still send my laptop on a continental trip for the blackout games and away fixtures.

Anyone without SKY I think will have exactly the same options now I assume .....there will be some service to buy ALL games from abroad ...maybe it won't be called I FOllow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:32 am 

The statement only mentions 'domestic' coverage and in the Q&A section it says - Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.

So it seems like iFollow will continue to exist for those abroad. So VPN is surely the answer for some people?

Also Alby, it seems like NowTV will continue to provide day passes for Sky at £11.99. It's a little more expensive than iFollow but a similar cost to a couple of pints at the pub these days. And int hat £11.99 is covers anything over a 24 hour period so will get to watch more football if you want

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:35 am 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
If I can watch the Tuesday night games without spending a tenner on iFollow then I'm all for it.

Cool for some that can afford stupid sky sports fees.

I gave up when the first lock down hit, and it's been a noticeable saving. Any game I want to see I'll go to the pub for. Now I can't watch midweek games (understand the 3pm blackout) of my own club because I have to pay for sky... its pretty shit for those who can't afford it.

Yeah, I totally get that. My post was very much from a selfish point of view. As somebody that already pays ridiculous amounts to subscribe to Sky and TNT, the additional £10 to watch on iFollow is a bit of a pain. Particularly when you have a period with a lot of Tuesday games it quickly adds up. I've often found myself deciding I won't watch the Dons as there's a big Champions League game on TV, which I'm already paying for.

But if you don't already have Sky, then this must be a right nuisance. I get it.

Btw that wasn't a stab at anyone who has sky, I understand that it is probably really convenient - the £10 I'm happy to spend on ifollow games is difficult for you - and in reverse SKY is difficult for me. It isn't a bad thing to be comfortable in what you can afford - and the fact you can acknowledge that others can't is a fair credit so kudos.

It is selfish for me too to be disappointed I'm losing gsomething that is a hindrance on others - it works both ways and it's good we both see it.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:05 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
The statement only mentions 'domestic' coverage and in the Q&A section it says - Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.

So it seems like iFollow will continue to exist for those abroad. So VPN is surely the answer for some people?

Also Alby, it seems like NowTV will continue to provide day passes for Sky at £11.99. It's a little more expensive than iFollow but a similar cost to a couple of pints at the pub these days. And int hat £11.99 is covers anything over a 24 hour period so will get to watch more football if you want

From memory though I’m
Not sure that NowTV has the red button capability, so you’re limited to what’s shown on the channels. I’m sure I wanted to watch a Hull game a while back when I had NowTV but couldn’t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:29 am 

Sky TV is fucking shit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:55 am 

Scum. wrote:
Sky TV is fucking shit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:37 am 

DippyDon wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:

From memory though I’m
Not sure that NowTV has the red button capability, so you’re limited to what’s shown on the channels. I’m sure I wanted to watch a Hull game a while back when I had NowTV but couldn’t

I hadn't realised this. The NowTV mentions 'bonus streams' which I assume are the red button games. The way it reads is you an access them with a monthly membership but not a sport day memembership which is nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:06 pm 

The biggest issue I’m guessing is that we’ll see less and less games being played at 3pm on a Saturday, and more changes of kickoff days and times as the season goes on.

Can’t stand sky. Bastards.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:54 pm 

We're supposed to have competiipn laws that stop abuse of a dominant market position, but they are toothless. Sky should be broken up into different companies.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next