THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: EFL Sky deal
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:26 pm 

donmentor wrote:
The way I read it, iFollow will vanish. As for Sky, it's not a question of affording it, it is refusing to pay to watch adverts. If free channel manages on advert income to operate then why can't Sky be free as well.

What about games that aren’t on Sky?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:32 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
If I can watch the Tuesday night games without spending a tenner on iFollow then I'm all for it.

Cool for some that can afford stupid sky sports fees.

I gave up when the first lock down hit, and it's been a noticeable saving. Any game I want to see I'll go to the pub for. Now I can't watch midweek games (understand the 3pm blackout) of my own club because I have to pay for sky... its pretty shit for those who can't afford it.

Yeah, I totally get that. My post was very much from a selfish point of view. As somebody that already pays ridiculous amounts to subscribe to Sky and TNT, the additional £10 to watch on iFollow is a bit of a pain. Particularly when you have a period with a lot of Tuesday games it quickly adds up. I've often found myself deciding I won't watch the Dons as there's a big Champions League game on TV, which I'm already paying for.

But if you don't already have Sky, then this must be a right nuisance. I get it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:37 pm 

It does say that IFollow will remain for international viewers so I am assuming for those of us who live abroad, or have an internet connection which occasionally migrates to warmer climates, should still be catered for. As someone who has been living abroad for the last 18 months I will be slightly miffed if they get rid of IFollow because its a brilliant service.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:39 pm 

I’m confused. At the moment 100% of games are available watch on TV, either on iFollow or if they have been picked by Sky.

With the iFollow service stopping and Sky showing 1,000 EFL games out of over 3,300, that therefore means there will be no option to stream 2,300 games?

Is that a huge backwards step? From 100% of games being streamable to only 30%?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:54 pm 

I don't suppose anyone knows about the ifollow radio? As someone who doesn't pick up the correct frequency for Dons games on 3cr where I live and especially not where I work, I have subscription for that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:00 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
I’m confused. At the moment 100% of games are available watch on TV, either on iFollow or if they have been picked by Sky.

With the iFollow service stopping and Sky showing 1,000 EFL games out of over 3,300, that therefore means there will be no option to stream 2,300 games?

Sounds like it. I use it for the away games I can't attend, so I am pretty pissed off with this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:06 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:

100% of the games are not available, unless you use a VPN, which is not something which you would expect your average Joe to be doing.

I'm pretty sure this will just mean that Sky show every game which in not at 3PM on a Saturday. So the amount of football which is "legal" to watch in the UK will remain the same. As others have said, there will almost certainly still be iFollow or some equivalent to watch abroad. So if you're desperate to watch every single game, I'm sure the VPN trick will still work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:12 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

100% of the games are not available, unless you use a VPN, which is not something which you would expect your average Joe to be doing.

I'm pretty sure this will just mean that Sky show every game which in not at 3PM on a Saturday. So the amount of football which is "legal" to watch in the UK will remain the same. As others have said, there will almost certainly still be iFollow or some equivalent to watch abroad. So if you're desperate to watch every single game, I'm sure the VPN trick will still work.

It's a different thing to just being able to watch abroad when you're on holiday though. I just logged into iFollow on my iPhone in Seville and paid £10 just before the Walsall match. It's a different thing if you live overseas but I don't know the details.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:18 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
I don't suppose anyone knows about the ifollow radio? As someone who doesn't pick up the correct frequency for Dons games on 3cr where I live and especially not where I work, I have subscription for that.

Yes, that's my concern too. If you're away from the 3CR area, iFollow audio is the only option - for me probably about 7/8 games a season (plus listening to the post-match analysis on the way out of the ground on away games). It'll be a travesty if this goes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:51 pm 

voxish wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

It's a different thing to just being able to watch abroad when you're on holiday though. I just logged into iFollow on my iPhone in Seville and paid £10 just before the Walsall match. It's a different thing if you live overseas but I don't know the details.

Maybe someone on here who lives abroad can fill us in, but I was under the impression that iFollow was exactly the same no matter where in the world you are. The only difference being which games you can watch if you're inside/outside the UK.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next