THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:19 am 

AB4 wrote:
Football is always better when you win and score lots of goals. That's why I'm enjoying L2 and visiting new grounds.
The football would be better in L1 but not when we are getting beat most weeks.
I'm looking forward to a day out at Wembley for the play off final but, if we don't go up, I think we'll do really well next season anyway.

We used to be a powerhouse in L1. How the mighty have fallen :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:23 am 

AB4 wrote:
Football is always better when you win and score lots of goals. That's why I'm enjoying L2 and visiting new grounds.
I'm looking forward to a day out at Wembley for the play off final but, if we don't go up, I think we'll do really well next season anyway.

I’m not so sure about that. I want my team to be playing at the highest level possible. Of course, the higher up you go the l as likely you are to be successful. I’d much rather watch us struggle at a higher level than watch us struggle in an easier division.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:28 am 

dons50 wrote:
AB4 wrote:

I’m not so sure about that. I want my team to be playing at the highest level possible. Of course, the higher up you go the l as likely you are to be successful. I’d much rather watch us struggle at a higher level than watch us struggle in an easier division.

I can assure you right now, that our fans have enjoyed watching football this season a lot more than Rotherham have.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:57 am 

Alby39 wrote:
I think the opposite, and it's not the fault of MW, though he has some.

The GA debacle has made it tough for him, players, system change etc and he's done well to start and then maintain a promotion push. But my God, this League is utterly tripe. League One isn't the promised land but it's an infinitely better division than this Hellhole. I reckon we could've had a Stockport season, and it'd have been shit. The standard is atrocious.

Bar the keeper debacle and some questionable decisions with team sheet and subs you can't grumble. If we don't go up expect him to be gone to league 1 in the next six months to a year. That is just how it is. I can't see him wanting to stay for long and I can't see him going under peoples radar the way it is going. Night and day compared to Alexander.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:01 am 

dons50 wrote:
AB4 wrote:

I just want my team to be solvent and a team in the next 20 years. There have been too many teams struggle this season. So long as we are not one of them then I really don't care what league we are in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:18 am 

BBC and Disney+ probably wrote this article back in August, just waited for the various brown bags to pay off before they could publish it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68776585

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:40 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
I think the opposite, and it's not the fault of MW, though he has some.

The GA debacle has made it tough for him, players, system change etc and he's done well to start and then maintain a promotion push. But my God, this League is utterly tripe. League One isn't the promised land but it's an infinitely better division than this Hellhole. I reckon we could've had a Stockport season, and it'd have been shit. The standard is atrocious.

Bar the keeper debacle and some questionable decisions with team sheet and subs you can't grumble. If we don't go up expect him to be gone to league 1 in the next six months to a year. That is just how it is. I can't see him wanting to stay for long and I can't see him going under peoples radar the way it is going. Night and day compared to Alexander.

As I said, not the fault of MW, though he has some. And you just named some.

Quote:
I’m not so sure about that. I want my team to be playing at the highest level possible. Of course, the higher up you go the l as likely you are to be successful. I’d much rather watch us struggle at a higher level than watch us struggle in an easier division

Yeah, I prefer to be watching my team win games at a better level and standard, as we were doing 2 years ago.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:17 am 

I wasn't overly impressed with Mansfield against FGR. For sure, they were the better team but there wasn't as much contrast in quality compared to when we played FGR.

If Tomlinson is available and Mansfield continue with Akins at RB, then Tomlinson should have a field day.

I do now think its unlikely, but I do hold out some hope that if we do win on Saturday, that Mansfield slip up against Accrington or Gillingham and we manage to get the win for our remaining two.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:21 am 

Scum. wrote:
AB4 wrote:

We used to be a powerhouse in L1. How the mighty have fallen :cry:

So what's become of WABLO? Eh? EH??? Answer that one Oracle. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:23 am 

DippyDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
History always repeats itself, therefore we will lose in the playoffs and then get relegated next season. 8-)

Do we have to repeat 21-23, can we not repeat 06-08 instead :(

Oh Jeez, that would be sweet. But no, non-league is our fate. History is a science and maths can't be argued with. 8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next