THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:03 am 

My prediction has us getting 81 points and missing out on goal difference to Wrexham

It is a really hard season to reflect on and I still don't know how I feel. A few great results yet unconvincing performances to start the year, following by terrible results and horrific performances then we looked absolutely unbeatable for a couple of months and now it feels very much Russell Martin 2020-21 with signs of serious potential but inconsistent and infuriating results.

I can't see us getting automatics now, but there is always hope.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:30 am 

I’m not ready to throw in the towel yet. Assuming (!) we win our final three, I think back to 2015/16 and how that turned out.

But you’re right, it wouldn’t be deserved. We have one set of attributes that is ineffective against [40%] of our opponents. And we have a glass chin when we concede two goals. Generally speaking…

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:14 am 

History always repeats itself, therefore we will lose in the playoffs and then get relegated next season. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:33 am 

keyser soze wrote:
History always repeats itself, therefore we will lose in the playoffs and then get relegated next season. 8-)

Do we have to repeat 21-23, can we not repeat 06-08 instead :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:48 am 

I have personally really enjoyed this season. Last season was horrendous, especially at home and we deserved to go down. This season bar the run under Alexander from early sept to his sacking I think we have been excellent. There is an awful lot to like about this team and the manager. We have scored plenty of goals and played some lovely football at times.

In October I would have been ecstatic had you said we would finish in the top 5 . I am resigned to the play offs but think we will win them to top off a great season .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:10 am 

I think the opposite, and it's not the fault of MW, though he has some.

The GA debacle has made it tough for him, players, system change etc and he's done well to start and then maintain a promotion push. But my God, this League is utterly tripe. League One isn't the promised land but it's an infinitely better division than this Hellhole. I reckon we could've had a Stockport season, and it'd have been shit. The standard is atrocious.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:27 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
I think the opposite, and it's not the fault of MW, though he has some.

The GA debacle has made it tough for him, players, system change etc and he's done well to start and then maintain a promotion push. But my God, this League is utterly tripe. League One isn't the promised land but it's an infinitely better division than this Hellhole. I reckon we could've had a Stockport season, and it'd have been shit. The standard is atrocious.

I've been saying for a while that the standard of League One has gone up massively in recent years. The top half of that league is often almost entirely teams that have been in the Championship in recent years. I think because we've got used to the likes of Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday coming to town, it makes the drop off to this level seem enormous.

I agree this season has been a bit of a slog, but I think that's what the majority of us were expecting when we were relegated to this league. All that matters is that we somehow go up and don't have to endure another season down here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:48 pm 

I wasn't old enough to remember much, and to be honest, didn't come to much of the League Two years prior to 08, but I'm lead to believe the jump wasn't huge, the difference in 2/1 wasn't much, I mean us and Posh were fighting for promotion most the year and we went up together in 2008..

The last League Two season with Tis was dull as anything, and we got promoter.. weird. But it was crap. Its been worse this year. The jump between L1/L2 has been shocking over the past 10 years.

Will I be delighted to be promoted if we made it? Yes. Will I celebrate? Yes. Will that day be a fun memory? Sure. But it'll feel 'job done' more than history made. This League is a shambles.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:59 pm 

Football is always better when you win and score lots of goals. That's why I'm enjoying L2 and visiting new grounds.
The football would be better in L1 but not when we are getting beat most weeks.
I'm looking forward to a day out at Wembley for the play off final but, if we don't go up, I think we'll do really well next season anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:29 pm 

We’ll have our hopes dashed on the final day, finish 4th on goal difference.

Still, if somebody told me in October we’d finish in the play offs, I’d have called them a twat and laughed in their face, it’s been a strange season and whatever happens we have given it a go, from a very uncertain start to storming up the league, with hope still of promotion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next