THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:27 am 

It seems to me football enjoyment is very subjective and depends on your motivation for going.

Im not sure that I could say that Ive enjoyed this season particularly. The GA period was god awful other than perhaps the Wrexham game where we played some nice stuff. After that it was god awful including the first half dozen games where results were largely positive.

The MW period has been better football by a million miles which I much prefer but the inconsistency, reasonably regular odd decisions and the away performance level have been a difficult watch a lot of the time

The overall standard of the league is extremely low. Of course its L2 so I have limited expectations but even with that factored in its still appalling..

Winning as often as not will always be preferable thats a given but context is key.

If you take the fans of Luton, Sheffield Utd and Burnley I suspect two sets of fans have has a bad time this season and one set a pretty good time despite their situation being more or less equivalent.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:25 pm 

Magpie wrote:
It seems to me football enjoyment is very subjective and depends on your motivation for going.

Im not sure that I could say that Ive enjoyed this season particularly. The GA period was god awful other than perhaps the Wrexham game where we played some nice stuff. After that it was god awful including the first half dozen games where results were largely positive.

The MW period has been better football by a million miles which I much prefer but the inconsistency, reasonably regular odd decisions and the away performance level have been a difficult watch a lot of the time

The overall standard of the league is extremely low. Of course its L2 so I have limited expectations but even with that factored in its still appalling..

Agree with all this. I've felt less invested this season overall. MW has improved the standard of football but our away form is still poor and I just don't really see us doing it this season.

The league is fucking terrible. Ghastly standard, poorer overall than I recall it last time. Of the home games I've been to only Wrexham I felt were our equal in terms of standard, and even they didn't steamroll the league as many predicted. Notts predictably melted away once LW went, and even before that happened they were a side with serious shortcomings.