THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mansfield H
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:44 am 

Presuming it's not just because today is monday and nobody has been in over the weekend... is the ticketing history requirement still in place? That could be a reason why they aren't pushing it massively already.

I wouldn't take that off if it is, already Mansfield fans are complaining they can't get in the home end on Stagsnet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:21 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Bit of a stretch but the sentiment is there.

Club need to market the fuck out of this

They should.

They won't.

The forthcoming matches are the previous four just played.

https://www.mkdons.com/tickets/forthcoming-games/

Not the first time they have done this. Thing is it seems to me that marketing is an afterthought cause when they have tried in the past nothing has worked so why bother. If people don't naturally want to go I guess you can't force them

The "we've tried, it didn't work" thing is a load of bollocks.

If people don't know there's the biggest game of the season in Saturday, how would they show interest?
For all I know it could be the biggest game for the Lightning in 10 years this weekend, I might go if I were sold it'd be exciting and important

That's our overlords words not mine. Remember when he said "we have tried to market the club, but nothing was working". And how do you sell something that people don't want to buy? I am sure after 20 years of having a club in the city people would come by now. They don't. Probably cause Spurs are on the TV Saturday lunchtime or they support other clubs/why would they care about League 2 football (you only have to see the seasonal drop in attendance from last season, probably down to how fans were treated) and let's be honest, what is the draw in Mansfield? Wrexham was a draw for some bizarre reason, but I don't remember anyone marketing that one (plus it was on a Tuesday, which is also odd). So it must have just been the Hollywood effect or not too sure as I don't live in MK possibly Feb half term?. We may see a natural uptick, but I seriously doubt even if all the marketing budget was used (if we have one) we would pack the ground. It just seems this season has been general apathy regarding Saturday games. Hardly surprising considering the high of two years and the low of last season.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:31 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Agree, the club need to promote the hell out of this and they have less than 6 days to do it.

-Update forthcoming games page
- Email to all registered emails
- Social media promotions

At the bare minimum. We also need to fill block 11 and the only way we’ll do that is with Dons Action promoting the hell out of it too.

The only one that is likely to happen is the last one, because that's down to DA rather than the club.

The absence of any useful information on the forthcoming games page is amateurish to put it mildly.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:33 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

They should.

They won't.

Not the first time they have done this. Thing is it seems to me that marketing is an afterthought cause when they have tried in the past nothing has worked so why bother. If people don't naturally want to go I guess you can't force them

If people don't know there's the biggest game of the season in Saturday, how would they show interest?
For all I know it could be the biggest game for the Lightning in 10 years this weekend, I might go if I were sold it'd be exciting and important

That's our overlords words not mine. Remember when he said "we have tried to market the club, but nothing was working". And how do you sell something that people don't want to buy? I am sure after 20 years of having a club in the city people would come by now. They don't. Probably cause Spurs are on the TV Saturday lunchtime or they support other clubs/why would they care about League 2 football (you only have to see the seasonal drop in attendance from last season, probably down to how fans were treated) and let's be honest, what is the draw in Mansfield? Wrexham was a draw for some bizarre reason, but I don't remember anyone marketing that one (plus it was on a Tuesday, which is also odd). So it must have just been the Hollywood effect or not too sure as I don't live in MK possibly Feb half term?. We may see a natural uptick, but I seriously doubt even if all the marketing budget was used (if we have one) we would pack the ground. It just seems this season has been general apathy regarding Saturday games. Hardly surprising considering the high of two years and the low of last season.

I think PW was referring to additional marketing expenditure, such as advertisements/stands in CentreMK.

Also, of course you still need to promote games. Almost every single club in the EFL needs to do that. History will tell you, that we will always get at significantly bigger attendance when the game is more important. We had 20,718 (5,227 away) in the ground the last time we played Mansfield at home, which highlights that there are quite a lot out there that need to be made aware of how important certain games are.

The cost to the club to do an email out and social media promotions surely isn't going to be any additional cost, but if it brings in an extra 100+ people it's worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:39 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
The cost to the club to do an email out and social media promotions surely isn't going to be any additional cost, but if it brings in an extra 100+ people it's worth it.

Not necessarily. If the club want to get social posts out to a wider audience that isn't so actively engaged with the club, then that will cost for paid media slots, etc.

Not disagreeing with the point at all - tbh it really does sum up the problem that we feel the need to discuss marketing stuff this basic. :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:45 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

They should.

They won't.

I think PW was referring to additional marketing expenditure, such as advertisements/stands in CentreMK.

Also, of course you still need to promote games. Almost every single club in the EFL needs to do that. History will tell you, that we will always get at significantly bigger attendance when the game is more important. We had 20,718 (5,227 away) in the ground the last time we played Mansfield at home, which highlights that there are quite a lot out there that need to be made aware of how important certain games are.

Maybe they are saving their pennies for Sutton as that might be more important a game that could see us promoted. I think the point that yes we had 20k last time cause it did mean something as it was winner takes all the media probably did most of that/it sold itself. I still don't get how 20K can turn up for one off games and never stay the next game, just feels like it was something to do at the weekend. This isn't (depending on how tomorrow goes, which I can't see anything other than a Mansfield win). If Mansfield do somehow draw or lose maybe Wednesday the ticketing website will crash and the phones will be ringing off the hook, but to most they will probably see it as just another game. As much as we all want to have massive attendances at the moment I just don't see it happening on the levels seen 5 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:51 am 

Still a possibility of this (at least until tomorrow night anyway): Wrexham lose tomorrow night at home to Crawley. They beat Forest green but then lose to Crewe.

We lose or draw to Mansfield but we beat Harrogate.

It'll then come down to the final day, with us at home to Sutton and Wrexham at home to Stockport.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:21 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Still a possibility of this (at least until tomorrow night anyway): Wrexham lose tomorrow night at home to Crawley. They beat Forest green but then lose to Crewe.

We lose or draw to Mansfield but we beat Harrogate.

It'll then come down to the final day, with us at home to Sutton and Wrexham at home to Stockport.

Forget all the permutations for now. Win our next two games and we will have a chance of automatic promotion on the final day of the season at home to Sutton.

We can't control how strong our chance will be, or whether it'll be in our hands or not. But we can make sure that there is a chance. Worry about the permutations when we get to that day.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:52 pm 

The draw in Mansfield is being partner a big crowd watching a good game of footballbtop end of the League with a tense feel...

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:12 pm 

I maintain my belief if Mansfield lose their next two it’s over.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next