THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mansfield H
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:06 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
"Marketing is the bastion of the lazy" is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum not written by donmentor. I work in marketing and I'm definitely not lazy, hence why my business is so successful.

If you put some effort into emails like this - which doesn't cost any more money, or take much more time, than this one has - you might get some people through the door. If you don't, you definitely won't. Just because the impact may be limited is not an excuse just to give up.

Marketing isn't pointless just because the Dons have always been crap at it.

The fans forum at the start of the season confirmed to me that they really don't care about getting fans in this stadium. That was after giving Winkelbot the benefit of the doubt in the post season press conference where he mentioned things he tried that didn't work.

Away fans in the top tier is a pathetic, and damn right horrible thing to do, the hoops disabled people have to jump through to be accommodated regarding parking, the general parking situation, the ticket prices, the lack of promotion of ANYTHING let alone this... they don't want people in the stadium. They've done fuck all to prove they do. Fuck all to prove they care when they say they care.

So, if you're reading this Pete, JC, Sweeting etc - prove you care. Which you won't. Because you don't.

All done to save money that on stewarding, but. They are quite happy to only pay stadium staff single time for bank holiday games while paying double time to agency staff !! and if you dig deep enough you'll find a vested interest in that which beggars belief.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:50 am 

That's... remarkable.

The stewarding cost thing is a load of bollocks too. If they're bothered about stewarding they'd not allow Mansfield to bring the amount they're bringing, and Notts, Stockport, Wrexham too. If you can bring upwards to 3k and fork out in extra stewards for that, you can let fans sit lower down generally.
If it's a problem with drinking on the concourse, you're almost admitting the stadium's build is at fault. Build better bars/concessions, then.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:49 am 

The cost argument is such a red herring. The fixed costs of opening the stadium stay exactly the same. Heat, light, power, infrastructure wages. All exactly the same whether the place is full or empty.

The variable cost is stewarding, concession staffing and TVP. The ratios remain the same whatever the size of the crowd though so surely the cost/benefit is exactly the same.

I truly just cant understand the mentality. PW built a stadium that is a white elephant for a team the stature of ours and cant afford to fill it! I have heard the term 'managed decline' and have tried to resist that thought as I cant for the life of me see why that would be the strategy as I cant see how it enhances anything for the club. Its value, its league position, its finances, anything. And yet..........

This is all a bit deep for a game against a long term resident of L2 but for me epitomises the current state of the club and as far as I can see the ongoing state for many years to come.

If its not managed decline, it may well just be incompetence, there is ample evidence of that. Or maybe its just vanity of limitations. PW just doesnt have the resources required but has built it in such a way that its more or less unsellable. I have mentioned many many times that I find it almost impossible to believe that he would have done that, yet I also cant see anyway that its a viable proposition to anyone at all in its current structure.

Happy Friday!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:31 am 

Zeberdee wrote:
All done to save money that on stewarding, but. They are quite happy to only pay stadium staff single time for bank holiday games while paying double time to agency staff !! and if you dig deep enough you'll find a vested interest in that which beggars belief.

The inference here is that someone at the club has a financial interest in the agency providing staff... that's worrying if true.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:54 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Zeberdee wrote:

The inference here is that someone at the club has a financial interest in the agency providing staff... that's worrying if true.

I have no idea if its true or not but why would it be worrying or even a shock? A private company choosing to do business with another private company where there is a vested interest or nepotism or some other link. Sounds pretty bog standard to me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:13 am 

Magpie wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Zeberdee wrote:

I have no idea if its true or not but why would it be worrying or even a shock? A private company choosing to do business with another private company where there is a vested interest or nepotism or some other link. Sounds pretty bog standard to me.

If it's all open and transparent then that's fine. But if not, there could be clear conflicts of interest. For example, if someone could influence the use of more expensive agency staff over the hiring of cheaper staff onto the payroll.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:36 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Magpie wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Zeberdee wrote:

If it's all open and transparent then that's fine. But if not, there could be clear conflicts of interest. For example, if someone could influence the use of more expensive agency staff over the hiring of cheaper staff onto the payroll.

Of course. It isnt public money or even a shareholder owned company so the effects of that type of transaction are only on the directors whether those effects be good bad or indifferent. Its an arrangement that goes on in pretty much any private company in one way or another. Nothing to see here territory for me this. If true.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:13 am 

Personally I like putting the b*stards into the upper tier.
Sod 'em.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:15 pm 

Magpie wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Magpie wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Zeberdee wrote:

Of course. It isnt public money or even a shareholder owned company so the effects of that type of transaction are only on the directors whether those effects be good bad or indifferent. Its an arrangement that goes on in pretty much any private company in one way or another. Nothing to see here territory for me this. If true.

Now of course if we owned our own club like…..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:03 pm 

epdon wrote:
Magpie wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Magpie wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Zeberdee wrote:

Now of course if we owned our own club like…..

...we could instruct match commentators not to acknowledge the visitig side's existence. We could employ stewards to behave like gits to any away team we didn't like. The list goes on.

Joking apart, I know people who manage stewards in London. It's a pretty thankless job at times and you have to be properly trained both on the practicalities and safety. Not something which any club takes lightly - and employing agency staff (who need the work just as much as anyone) allows a good degree of flexibility.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next