THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mansfield H
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:52 pm 

Gers wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
"Marketing is the bastion of the lazy" is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum not written by donmentor. I work in marketing and I'm definitely not lazy, hence why my business is so successful.

If you put some effort into emails like this - which doesn't cost any more money, or take much more time, than this one has - you might get some people through the door. If you don't, you definitely won't. Just because the impact may be limited is not an excuse just to give up.

Marketing isn't pointless just because the Dons have always been crap at it.

Get a proper job you layabout.

:D :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:07 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
"Marketing is the bastion of the lazy" is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum not written by donmentor. I work in marketing and I'm definitely not lazy, hence why my business is so successful.

If you put some effort into emails like this - which doesn't cost any more money, or take much more time, than this one has - you might get some people through the door. If you don't, you definitely won't. Just because the impact may be limited is not an excuse just to give up.

The fans forum at the start of the season confirmed to me that they really don't care about getting fans in this stadium. That was after giving Winkelbot the benefit of the doubt in the post season press conference where he mentioned things he tried that didn't work.

Away fans in the top tier is a pathetic, and damn right horrible thing to do, the hoops disabled people have to jump through to be accommodated regarding parking, the general parking situation, the ticket prices, the lack of promotion of ANYTHING let alone this... they don't want people in the stadium. They've done fuck all to prove they do. Fuck all to prove they care when they say they care.

So, if you're reading this Pete, JC, Sweeting etc - prove you care. Which you won't. Because you don't.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:09 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
Mansfield have sold around 4.5K I believe.

3.5k with no sales on the day

Ah yes just seen on the Mansfield Twitter Page. Box Office incorrectly informed me then :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:25 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

The fans forum at the start of the season confirmed to me that they really don't care about getting fans in this stadium. That was after giving Winkelbot the benefit of the doubt in the post season press conference where he mentioned things he tried that didn't work.

Away fans in the top tier is a pathetic, and damn right horrible thing to do, the hoops disabled people have to jump through to be accommodated regarding parking, the general parking situation, the ticket prices, the lack of promotion of ANYTHING let alone this... they don't want people in the stadium. They've done fuck all to prove they do. Fuck all to prove they care when they say they care.

So, if you're reading this Pete, JC, Sweeting etc - prove you care. Which you won't. Because you don't.

Great post. It's astonishing that PW built such a stadium and is content to see it empty every single week. If you hired a proper commercial manager that's sole purpose was to improve attendances and to make the games more accessible for all, it would pay for itself.

Away fans in the top tier is the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen at this club, it beats those two stinking kits. Perhaps for the big games where there's the danger of fans spilling on to the pitch, fine... but for everyone else, it's crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:51 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Didn't get any email, but suspect that is due to being a season ticket holder.

There are definitely restrictions though. You can't even select a seat until you have logged in and selected the qualifying offer (that you've purchased a home ticket before).

Absolutely mental.

On checking again, it does advise that if you are not registered, you can call up to purchase.

Whats the point of that? Making sure you don't have a Mansfield accent?

I suspect that is exactly the case (checking not Mansfield )

Were Mansfield trying to have a load of them in the home section?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:05 pm 

ChaChaDon wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Great post. It's astonishing that PW built such a stadium and is content to see it empty every single week. If you hired a proper commercial manager that's sole purpose was to improve attendances and to make the games more accessible for all, it would pay for itself.

Away fans in the top tier is the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen at this club, it beats those two stinking kits. Perhaps for the big games where there's the danger of fans spilling on to the pitch, fine... but for everyone else, it's crazy.

If I was PW I’d turn the stadium into a full time music/event venue and build a 15,000 capacity football ground at The Bowl, Stad:MK is never going to be full for football, doubt it would be even if Premier League football was achieved in 2155

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:06 pm 

Interesting point on the Prem (hypothetically speaking g here for any weird lurkers).

If we got there, the Championship season taught me there isn't a hope in Hell we'd get at good attendances as anticipated. We'd be the latest Wigan. Granted, we open up for a few tourists but if you're picturing a sell out lower bowl for Bournemouth, Brentford or Norwich on a Tuesday night in December then I think you're deluding yourself.

It's too big. Water is wet.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:57 pm 

We allowed (and still allow) AFCW to wage a one sided propaganda war against us for no good reason apart from they were sore at the FA deciding their team should move here. The club (not unreasonably) stayed aloof from all this, probably thinking it would all blow over. But it didn't and then it got personal and nasty - and there's nothing the Great British Public like more than putting the boot in when there's perceived injustice. No matter that this was concocted out of lies and half truths. How are we to attract neutrals especially younger fans when we've been cast as villains?

That ship has sailed unfortunately.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:09 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:

This.

I work for the world’s largest marketing and communications agency and have done for the last 6-7 years. The fact I am a genius and the Dons team isn’t is my problem not it is not.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:14 pm 

Scum. wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

This.

I work for the world’s largest marketing and communications agency and have done for the last 6-7 years. The fact I am a genius and the Dons team isn’t is my problem not it is not.

Both of you. Watch this. And obey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h9wStdPkQY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next