THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tomlinson
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:14 pm 

He’s not out but he isn’t in. He’s around but not about. They seek him here, they seek him there… etc. blah blah.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:25 pm 

He’s out for the season, I am confirming it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:29 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
He’s not out but he isn’t in. He’s around but not about. They seek him here, they seek him there… etc. blah blah.

Reminds me of the explanation of Cricket... :)

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:36 pm 

Plum wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

Reminds me of the explanation of Cricket... :)

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out...

:) I’ve heard that before but can’t remember the source.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:46 pm 

I am hearing from my historically very reliable source that it is true, so we'll see.

Hopefully it's not the case, as he's arguably one of our most important players. Regardless of who we play there; Harvie, Lofthouse, Wearne etc. none of them even come close to what Tomlinson offers us.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:47 am 

As the games get more crucial losing players could have a devastating effect, you only have to look back to our last play offs when we were missed Mo Eisa in the run in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:49 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
As the games get more crucial losing players could have a devastating effect, you only have to look back to our last play offs when we were missed Mo Eisa in the run in.

We've got strength in every area

- inb4 d50

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:25 am 

If this is correct then its a big loss in two regards. Firstly hes a good player but also perhaps the only one who fits naturally into that position in the squad.

Secondly, I think it really affects our entire defensive line.

Im not keen on the Lewington/O'Hora/Norman back three. Its a bit ponderous although it does allow Lofthouse into the WB position which I think is our best option on that side

Im equally not keen on the Harvie/O'Hora/Tucker combo either. Harvie is not in the best of form and Tucker hasnt played for months, add to this Norman at WB, it just looks a mess.

Neither of those fill me with confidence.

I would rather Tucker/O'Hora/Norman with Harvie and Lofthouse as the WBs. Not ideal but the best of a difficult lot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:34 am 

It's gutting, but I was super gutted by Dean's injury and people stepped up and in the end it wasn't too much of a miss. Fight or flight in my mind. You may just be surprised by what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:26 am 

Magpie wrote:
If this is correct then its a big loss in two regards. Firstly hes a good player but also perhaps the only one who fits naturally into that position in the squad.

Secondly, I think it really affects our entire defensive line.

Im not keen on the Lewington/O'Hora/Norman back three. Its a bit ponderous although it does allow Lofthouse into the WB position which I think is our best option on that side

Im equally not keen on the Harvie/O'Hora/Tucker combo either. Harvie is not in the best of form and Tucker hasnt played for months, add to this Norman at WB, it just looks a mess.

Neither of those fill me with confidence.

I would rather Tucker/O'Hora/Norman with Harvie and Lofthouse as the WBs. Not ideal but the best of a difficult lot

Agreed, both wing back positions are the two areas we couldn't really afford to lose a player in, especially LWB.

Anywhere else on the pitch and we have reasonably good cover. I do feel the only solution is to play Harvie there. Lofthouse could move over, but then has he ever played that side before? It also means a significant change to the defence line, as you'd need to move Norman over and then bring in another CB.

I'm personally not against playing Lewington, I still think he's good enough. However, if isn't then I wonder if you could play Tucker - O'Hora - Norman as a back line? I suspect it wouldn't give us much balance and you rarely see a team not include a left footed player in a back three.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next