THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Filip
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:22 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
Plum wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
...but get this, he can't even marshal his own goalmouth or defence - ba-dum-tss.

Funny jokes are funny.

I can just imagine you saying that with some narrow reading glasses on the end of your nose, somewhat like Will Hay. Anyway, tt's definitely not funny as it's actually true.

Will Hay! Great shout. That's one for the teenagers! :lol:

Love some of Will Hay's films with Graham Moffatt and Moore Marriott. :P

In real life, he was apparently very serious and studious and was an astronomer who has an asteroid named after him. And an aviator, who gave lessons to Amy Johnson. :geek:

What's any of this got to do with Marschall? Well, he also made the film 'The Goose Steps Out' - which was all about the disappointment of seeing Marschall walking onto the pitch as a starter for the Notts County game.

Well there's possibly no end of Will Hay comparisons to make, such as flapping about his box in a Where's That Fire sort of way and no doubt he would also attend a fire at a petrol station and accidentally connect his hose to the underground petrol supply instead of the water mains.

To broaden the classic comedy vibe, I wonder how Filip would get on trying to deliver a boxed piano to a house with a huge set of outside steps?

I also see a 'picks up plank, swings round and knocks over person behind him' sketch. Effectively that's what happened for the first goal last Monday. :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 pm 

midfielder wrote:
I remember a certain Jabo Ibhere getting slagged off on here, despite his effort.

He wasn't the most gifted player we had but he always put in a shift, chased lost causes and did his best to support his team mates. He added to the team.

If you take a very average goalkeeper (and we've had a few) they can still bring a lot of qualities to the team.
I don't see anything at all in FM that is positive yet.

Cause there is nothing. Shot stopping. Nope. Kicking out. Nope. Claiming in the air. After Monday definitely not. He nearly punched a county playing trying to punch a ball. I am stunned people think that is effort. Least effort would be trying to learn. If you could see a tangible improvement that would be one thing but I genuinely can't. I hope to whatever god you believe in that people are right and that Kelly is back in the goal cause if that guy is in goal Saturday I am sure I will not be the only one fuming

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:09 pm 

Good god, it’s even worse than I thought. Imagine if they’d actually included his errors too..

Attachment:
IMG_2194 2.jpg
IMG_2194 2.jpg [ 68.17 KiB | Viewed 329 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:43 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Good god, it’s even worse than I thought. Imagine if they’d actually included his errors too..

Attachment:
IMG_2194 2.jpg

How do you prevent -0.37 goals? Does that mean he has been actively responsible for causing goals? Or is the negative actually a positive in this instance? That confused me a lot (not that it takes much).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:49 am 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Attachment:
IMG_2194 2.jpg

How do you prevent -0.37 goals? Does that mean he has been actively responsible for causing goals? Or is the negative actually a positive in this instance? That confused me a lot (not that it takes much).

Yeah, not sure to be honest. It could be an error or it could be that he's never prevented a goal but has conceded off the back of his mistakes. To be honest, I don't think he has ever prevented a goal, has he? He's never made a decent save (which is what goes towards this metric) but he has definitely been the reason for us conceding at times.

The biggest stat that jumps out at me is his save percentage and high claims. He's down at the very bottom for both.

For comparison, Kelly's save percentage is 69.8%.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:40 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Attachment:
IMG_2194 2.jpg

Yeah, not sure to be honest. It could be an error or it could be that he's never prevented a goal but has conceded off the back of his mistakes. To be honest, I don't think he has ever prevented a goal, has he? He's never made a decent save (which is what goes towards this metric) but he has definitely been the reason for us conceding at times.

The biggest stat that jumps out at me is his save percentage and high claims. He's down at the very bottom for both.

For comparison, Kelly's save percentage is 69.8%.

I know I got some stick for not saying he doesn't put effort in, but does he really? This is appalling reading for someone who is has been allegedly brought in to do one job (kicking/playing out from the back) and by all accounts should have been on parity or better than McG on everything else. The high claims I am not surprised about and I can't just have a go at him for a lack of clean sheets he has people in front of him who should helping with that, but have been lacking all season, but jeez he is saving just half of what comes at him that is shocking. If you think tomorrow will be a walkover with him in goal temper your expectations. I just hope to god Kelly is back in, but there is a big doubt in my mind that he will be. Williamson has dug himself a hole. I can imagine that he is embarrassed by that and so he should be. As I said before I blame Williamson 100% on this. Marschall is only taking his opportunities, but Kelly should be rightfully pissed off. He has come in and done an admirable job and should be commended not kicked to the kerb.

I wonder what statto Sweeting makes of all of this cause I bet he is just as confused as we all are to this mess of a keeper we were given without wanting.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:08 am 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Attachment:
IMG_2194 2.jpg

i believe it means he is conceding 0.37 goals more than expected per 90 minutes this season, which means he’s conceding a lot of low quality shots (tight angles, long distance etc) and considering he’s played 6 90 minutes for us, basically he’s conceded 2.22 goals more than the average goalie would be expected to concede in 6 games :?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:15 am 

AlexDon123 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Attachment:
IMG_2194 2.jpg

i believe it means he is conceding 0.37 goals more than expected per 90 minutes this season, which means he’s conceding a lot of low quality shots (tight angles, long distance etc) and considering he’s played 6 90 minutes for us, basically he’s conceded 2.22 goals more than the average goalie would be expected to concede in 6 games :?

in contrast, Kelly has a +0.06 goals prevented p90 and in 11 games that means he’s stopped .66 goals going in, meaning he’s bang average at stopping shots, best in the league for Goals Prevented is Corey Addai at a whopping +0.43 p90, making it 14.3 goals prevented for the season meaning he’s saved crawley’s bacon a LOT, Filip marschall comes in as the 2nd worst shot stopper in the league if he had played all 42 games, only bettered by alex cairns, so yeah it’s not looking good for him

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:45 am 

Fuck you all.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:08 pm 

Scum. wrote:
Fuck you all.

No thanks you are not my type.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next