THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Filip
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:48 pm 

1. Unbelievable to select him instead of Kelly v Notts.
2. Either there is a clause where he plays if fit, or the manager is completely hell bent on playing him because he weirdly bought him in when we didn't need a keeper.
3. He's (Williamson) the only who can't see he's not good enough, he's like a nervous kitten.
4. The defence had absolutely no confidence in him, could see it clear as day.
5. What does this do for Kelly?
6. Please don't play home again through choice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:53 pm 

This idea that he's got some sort of clause that he has to play seems plausible, but are we all just ignoring the fact he was on the bench for the last 2 games? Surely if he was on the bench he's fit enough to start? Which means, MW didn't think he was the right GK to play against Stockport or Morecambe but did think he was the right one today.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:08 pm 

Dons50 is holding a gun to my head and has ordered me to type this:

The manager knows what he's doing. The manager is a professional and knows more than us. The manager sees the players every day at training and... no. I can't go on...

BANG!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:55 am 

He's not good enough. You can sit here and try and put it in some cod-psychological context, but at the end of the day he's not a good 'keeper. There are hundreds, in fact thousands, of kids that won't make it as a professional footballer each year. He's just another one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:19 am 

Rookie wrote:
He's a 20 year old keeper and you want to destroy the guys confidence.... and no doubt impact the other players who hear the crowd turn on the team they're supposed to support.

I despair

There is no confidence to destroy. The guy has no future as a professional goalkeeper and MW is making it our problem instead of Villas. Fuck him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:21 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Dons50 is holding a gun to my head and has ordered me to type this:

The manager knows what he's doing. The manager is a professional and knows more than us. The manager sees the players every day at training and... no. I can't go on...

BANG!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:38 am 

I've just watched the highlights back and I feel the criticism for the first goal is a little harsh, I'm not sure you can lay most of the blame for that one at his door.

However, I don't feel he's got nearly enough criticism for the 3rd. It goes across the goal about 3 yards out. As a keeper, you have to be anticipating those crosses and cutting them out. It's things like that goal that means the defence have absolutely no confidence.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:45 am 

I wonder what Villa are thinking right now. They must have cold sweats thinking of how they were one injury / red card away from having him in goal in the Premier League!

They'll have scouts monitoring their loanees I'm sure. Wouldn't be surprised if they just release him in the summer, and thats the end of him as a professional. Or perhaps its easier to keep him around due to needing more homegrown players in the squad? But surely they have better options elsewhere in their youth set-up or within their budget?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:48 am 

BradwellDon wrote:
I've just watched the highlights back and I feel the criticism for the first goal is a little harsh, I'm not sure you can lay most of the blame for that one at his door.

However, I don't feel he's got nearly enough criticism for the 3rd. It goes across the goal about 3 yards out. As a keeper, you have to be anticipating those crosses and cutting them out. It's things like that goal that means the defence have absolutely no confidence.

The second was 100% his fault. Passed it out to nobody they got possession and scored. What made it worse was he didn't even attempt to try and save it. Just stood there like a statue also why is he so concerned about punching the fecking ball. Twice yesterday he punched one went wildly wrong and another he nearly puched the county player in the face. Imagine conceding a penalty cause a shit keeper can't punch. He has fucking fingers he could have caught it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:52 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
I wonder what Villa are thinking right now. They must have cold sweats thinking of how they were one injury / red card away from having him in goal in the Premier League!

They'll have scouts monitoring their loanees I'm sure. Wouldn't be surprised if they just release him in the summer, and thats the end of him as a professional. Or perhaps its easier to keep him around due to needing more homegrown players in the squad? But surely they have better options elsewhere in their youth set-up or within their budget?

I really don't give a shit what they think so long as he never darkens our door again. They are part of the problem. There probably was someone there. Maybe thats why we had to pick him. Would make sense to me as Kelly is nowhere any worse than him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next