THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Filip
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:39 am 

Plum wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
...but get this, he can't even marshal his own goalmouth or defence - ba-dum-tss.

Funny jokes are funny.

I can just imagine you saying that with some narrow reading glasses on the end of your nose, somewhat like Will Hay. Anyway, tt's definitely not funny as it's actually true.

Will Hay! Great shout. That's one for the teenagers! :lol:

Love some of Will Hay's films with Graham Moffatt and Moore Marriott. :P

In real life, he was apparently very serious and studious and was an astronomer who has an asteroid named after him. And an aviator, who gave lessons to Amy Johnson. :geek:

What's any of this got to do with Marschall? Well, he also made the film 'The Goose Steps Out' - which was all about the disappointment of seeing Marschall walking onto the pitch as a starter for the Notts County game.

Well there's possibly no end of Will Hay comparisons to make, such as flapping about his box in a Where's That Fire sort of way and no doubt he would also attend a fire at a petrol station and accidentally connect his hose to the underground petrol supply instead of the water mains.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:44 am 

RedOnRed wrote:
Plum wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
...but get this, he can't even marshal his own goalmouth or defence - ba-dum-tss.

Funny jokes are funny.

I can just imagine you saying that with some narrow reading glasses on the end of your nose, somewhat like Will Hay. Anyway, tt's definitely not funny as it's actually true.

In real life, he was apparently very serious and studious and was an astronomer who has an asteroid named after him. And an aviator, who gave lessons to Amy Johnson. :geek:

What's any of this got to do with Marschall? Well, he also made the film 'The Goose Steps Out' - which was all about the disappointment of seeing Marschall walking onto the pitch as a starter for the Notts County game.

Well there's possibly no end of Will Hay comparisons to make, such as flapping about his box in a Where's That Fire sort of way and no doubt he would also attend a fire at a petrol station and accidentally connect his hose to the underground petrol supply instead of the water mains.

To broaden the classic comedy vibe, I wonder how Filip would get on trying to deliver a boxed piano to a house with a huge set of outside steps?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:52 am 

keyser soze wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
Plum wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:

Funny jokes are funny.

To broaden the classic comedy vibe, I wonder how Filip would get on trying to deliver a boxed piano to a house with a huge set of outside steps?

Ah, you must mean the so called Music Box Steps which are still there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Music_Box

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:12 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
Plum wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:

Funny jokes are funny.

Well, I know some of his similar efforts have already been described in the song 'Right Said Filip' if that's any help?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:22 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
TomMac&Ernie wrote:
If you want to see the very worst that a football message board can offer you need look no further than this thread.
No doubt about it Williamson made a major error in bringing in Marschall and Kelly can feel really badly done by after some pretty decent performances over the last few weeks.
You can normally skip past the inane offerings of the usual suspects (fuck this, ladybit that etc. etc.etc.)
but the level of vitriol and abuse that a twenty year old making his first steps into the football league has had to face is almost beyond belief.
It’s easy to be a keyboard warrior and judging by the level of some of the comments even easier to fail to realise the effect these kind of comments can have but some of you guys should be hanging your heads in shame.
I know that’s not going to happen but there we go. That’s it on this board for me (not that any of you lot care I know) but I don’t want to be associated with any of this kind of garbage.
Not tricky (sorry, fucking tricky) to understand eh.

Whilst I think this is a bit of an over reaction you do make a valid point. Just a few weeks ago Dennis was getting rinsed on here for not being good enough to play football professionally (never my view I would add). Then he has a run in the side and scored some big goals and it all went quiet…

And now Dennis doesn't even get near our squad. He is below a kid from Stoke. 4th choice is as best as he will be (unless he is injured and I didn't realise). But if Dennis started over a fully fit Dean then surely the same outrage would be felt like Marschall keeping out a fully fit Kelly who did nothing wrong on Good Friday.

His absence has been odd. He must be injured, unless its disciplinary related. There has been no mention of it at all, in any of the interviews. I don't think its due to him being 4th choice, because he disappeared from the squad before Dean was back.

He is injured. Got injured the training after the Crewe game. First I heard of it, but I stand corrected about him being 4th choice. Still the point about if he took a fully fit Dennis taking Deans place would mean this forum would lose it's collective shits. He still isn't an amazing striker, but at least he tries. Unlike a certain keeper.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:19 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
but at least he tries. Unlike a certain keeper.

What a terrible comment, I think it is really uncalled for to question someone's effort without any evidence, sure we can all see he is struggling to play as well as he/we would like but I can't see any reason to suggest that is due to a lack of effort.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:39 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

What a terrible comment, I think it is really uncalled for to question someone's effort without any evidence, sure we can all see he is struggling to play as well as he/we would like but I can't see any reason to suggest that is due to a lack of effort.

Yeah I agree with this. I don’t doubt he isn’t trying or doesn’t care. It’s just his performances haven’t been good enough, rather than his attitude.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:44 pm 

I remember a certain Jabo Ibhere getting slagged off on here, despite his effort.

He wasn't the most gifted player we had but he always put in a shift, chased lost causes and did his best to support his team mates. He added to the team.

If you take a very average goalkeeper (and we've had a few) they can still bring a lot of qualities to the team.
I don't see anything at all in FM that is positive yet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:46 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

Yeah I agree with this. I don’t doubt he isn’t trying or doesn’t care. It’s just his performances haven’t been good enough, rather than his attitude.

100% this. He's really struggled for confidence. Not sure if he's just not settled or if he's overawed by the physicality but he isn't up to scratch.

MW appeared to have learned his lesson in his interview. I would be surprised if Marschall starts the next game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:16 pm 

midfielder wrote:
I remember a certain Jabo Ibhere getting slagged off on here, despite his effort.

He wasn't the most gifted player we had but he always put in a shift, chased lost causes and did his best to support his team mates. He added to the team.

If you take a very average goalkeeper (and we've had a few) they can still bring a lot of qualities to the team.
I don't see anything at all in FM that is positive yet.

Jabo was massively underrated. Arguably the best hold up player we have ever had. Got stick because he wasn’t great at scoring but he still offered a lot to the team that went unnoticed.

Definitely doesn’t fall into the same category as Marschall.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next