THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Filip
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:53 am 

BradwellDon wrote:
I've just watched the highlights back and I feel the criticism for the first goal is a little harsh, I'm not sure you can lay most of the blame for that one at his door.

However, I don't feel he's got nearly enough criticism for the 3rd. It goes across the goal about 3 yards out. As a keeper, you have to be anticipating those crosses and cutting them out. It's things like that goal that means the defence have absolutely no confidence.

On the contrary I think he can be held at fault in all three goals. First he had the ball at his feet and neither picked it up or kicked it. Second he kicked straight to their bloke who promptly set up the goal. Third passed across the face of the goalmouth ( a lot less than 3 yards ) and he never reacted.

He, and he alone cost us that game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:15 am 

donmentor wrote:
BradwellDon wrote:
I've just watched the highlights back and I feel the criticism for the first goal is a little harsh, I'm not sure you can lay most of the blame for that one at his door.

However, I don't feel he's got nearly enough criticism for the 3rd. It goes across the goal about 3 yards out. As a keeper, you have to be anticipating those crosses and cutting them out. It's things like that goal that means the defence have absolutely no confidence.

On the contrary I think he can be held at fault in all three goals. First he had the ball at his feet and neither picked it up or kicked it. Second he kicked straight to their bloke who promptly set up the goal. Third passed across the face of the goalmouth ( a lot less than 3 yards ) and he never reacted.

I'm struggling with the first one to tell if he is at fault. While it is at his feet, he doesn't really have much time to react. He actually ends up getting in the way, although as a keeper you'd expect him to be there.

As BradwellDon has mentioned, it is the third goal for me that really stands out. It's easy for someone to spot when he is at fault from a poor pass etc. but I think it can go unnoticed how poor he is at dealing with low and high crosses into the box.

We're 3-2 up in injury time and we need our keeper to DOMINATE his area. We need him to be desperate not to concede. Instead, he is glued to his line, whereas it should have been an easy interception and we win the game 3-2 to keep our auto's alive.

It's just incredibly frustrating, as I really thought bringing Norman back into defence helped us massively, only to then inexplicable put Marschall in goal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:28 am 

I think he’s shit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:37 am 

Out of interest - does anyone know what Gateshead thought of him last season? Was he this calamitous then too? Or is it just us?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:43 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Out of interest - does anyone know what Gateshead thought of him last season? Was he this calamitous then too? Or is it just us?

Not sure, but I watched a fair amount of footage from games he played in, including his Villa appearance. I called it out a few times on here just after we signed him that he looked dreadful. His inability to cleanly catch a ball was very evident. The “highlights” of his saves were just standard saves you’d expect him to make. There was never anything to rave about. His kicking was also very suspect but not quite as bad as we’ve seen.

I said before and I couldn’t be more confident with it, he does not save that shot that Kelly saved in the first half against Walsall.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:44 am 

donmentor wrote:
BradwellDon wrote:

Trying to be serious :shock: I think first and second and possibly the third.
First made no attempt and seemed to be moving backwards in 'the melee', second: THAT pass.... :( Third, no sense of presence but where was the challenge on their player (whoever he was) with the ball or our defenders cutting the cross out? Nowhere.
As EWD mentions above ...don't start me talkin' ( ;) ) about his inability to catch. I (we all) spotted that the first game he ever played.
He upset the whole 'back line' (as I said yesterday) by his mere presence. He must not play for us ever again.
Best of luck elsewhere.

Last edited by Aliramone on Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:47 am 

Toby Lock player ratings from yesterday, Marschall 5, yet he claims he wasn’t at fault for any of the goals.

I’m not sure if Toby was watching the game blindfolded, or he genuinely thought Marschall couldn’t do anything about the goals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:51 am 

Scribble wrote:
Toby Lock player ratings from yesterday, Marschall 5, yet he claims he wasn’t at fault for any of the goals.

I’m not sure if Toby was watching the game blindfolded, or he genuinely thought Marschall couldn’t do anything about the goals

Toby Lock's football knowledge is quite concerning for a sports journalist. Some of his reviews are baffling.

Although I've started to suspect his does a lot for 'clicks' at the moment. I can't stand how he puts 1 player per page so that Biffa ad loads 13-14 times. Commercially it makes sense I guess, but its damn annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:31 am 

I thought he had a good game

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:36 am 

Alby39 wrote:
I thought he had a good game

For Notts County

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next