THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Filip
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:49 pm 

Scribble wrote:
or he genuinely thought Marschall couldn’t do anything about the goals

He couldn't do anything about the goals because he's shit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:09 pm 

Not sure who has had more flack. Marschall or Oyegoke? Thank god they weren't in the same team :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:24 pm 

BuckDon wrote:
Not sure who has had more flack. Marschall or Oyegoke? Thank god they weren't in the same team :lol:

Least oyegoke didn't push two perfectly decent players to the side. Plus we were fucking dog shit all over the pitch last season bar ironically the keeper. Marschall is much worse. In fact on the grand scheme of things he has been one of the worst signings ever and we have had some stinkers. However, I can't blame him solely and neither should anyone else. Williamson and sweeting should hold their hands up and before anyone says sweeting shouldn't be blamed they talk to each other and could have tried to talk sense to Williamson before any of this mess happened. He is the director of football. He didn't give very good direction to our wet behind the ears gaffer who had only been here two months who wanted to make his mark on the team. Vanity caused this and nobody reigned him in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:15 pm 

Sweeting getting some stick on here for the keeper thing, but i do think our transfer business has been good over last 14 months.

Dean
Payne
Bate
Harrison
Kelly
Craig Mac
Tezgel
Lofty
Wearne
MJW
Gilbey
Tomlinson
Maghoma

I would happily put in the credit column.

The only duffers I can think of

hunter ( who was unlucky to be fair and looked ok )
Stewart
Smith
Kai Kai
Leko
Marschall

It is a shame the keeper looks like a real howler as it’s such a key spot in the team

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:43 pm 

Zen wrote:
Sweeting getting some stick on here for the keeper thing, but i do think our transfer business has been good over last 14 months.

Dean
Payne
Bate
Harrison
Kelly
Craig Mac
Tezgel
Lofty
Wearne
MJW
Gilbey
Tomlinson
Maghoma

Stewart
Smith
Kai Kai
Leko
Marschall

It is a shame the keeper looks like a real howler as it’s such a key spot in the team

A couple of those in the credit column could be debated, but overall, yeah, a lot more pluses than negatives. However I think the validity of the criticism is summed up in your opening words: Sweeting getting some stick on here for the keeper thing. People aren't criticising Sweeting in general, or ignoring those good signings. It's just that when the conversation is about the recent goalkeeper ins and outs, then it's fair to be critical of those. And to discuss how much Sweeting and Williamson are to blame for those poor choices. And you shouldn't need to add the positives as a disclaimer each time, as that's not germane to whether the keeper signings have gone well or not.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:45 pm 

He is the worst goalkeeper we have had in 20 years that has played for the first team.

Yes he's inexperienced and needs to learn.

Or give it up and try something else, like Matt Baker did after Martin Allen's powers of motivation.

And Matt Baker was twice the keeper that Marschall is at the moment. Sorry...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:48 pm 

Zen wrote:

Dean
Payne
Bate
Harrison
Kelly
Craig Mac
Tezgel
Lofty
Wearne
MJW
Gilbey
Tomlinson
Maghoma

Stewart
Smith
Kai Kai
Leko
Marschall

Sweeting had nothing to do with the signing of Max Dean. It all came from the player himself, and our manager who knew him and was willing to give him a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:09 pm 

Locutus wrote:
Zen wrote:

Dean
Payne
Bate
Harrison
Kelly
Craig Mac
Tezgel
Lofty
Wearne
MJW
Gilbey
Tomlinson
Maghoma

Stewart
Smith
Kai Kai
Leko
Marschall

Sweeting had nothing to do with the signing of Max Dean. It all came from the player himself, and our manager who knew him and was willing to give him a chance.

That probably applies to a few on either the pros and cons list - Jackson and Williamson with Dean and Wearne; and Alexander and Williamson for Hunter, Marschall and Lofthouse. Although, Sweeting should still be playing some role in whether those kinds of deals happen as new managers are prone to want to mostly bring in players they've worked with / utilise connections with former clubs - whereas our set up, and the role of Sweeting, should be to limit that happening too often and to cast a wider net for the players we target. Which we generally have done to be fair.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:16 pm 

We can only assume sweeting and his stout recruitment team don’t do anything and let the manager sign players then!

I remember being told Mark Jackson wanted Dean and pushed and pushed after being told no. What a brilliant move that turned out to be and probably the legacy of Mark Jackson sadly.

Russsssell Martin had so much pulling power just look at who he signed vs who we signed the following Summer. Outside of Dogshite Holland Liam M didn’t really do much - there was an article that said at much when he joined Oxford but I can’t locate it.

It works both ways though the Chairman will untimely have to say yes or no as will sweeting. But if Liam wants someone he will get him that’s the sporting director model.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:16 am 

I was sat in the Notts County end for one reason or another and was at the end where they scored both goals in the second half. His movement for the third was non existent, the clip out which Chicksen intercepted was absolutely terrible. The fans around us were laughing at him commenting how poor he was. He has got to go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next