It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Playoffs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:45 am 

dons50 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Mk Ron wrote:
Wrexham have Colchester away Sat that could be Tricky but so is ours...

We’re playing bottom of the league. That’s the opposite of tricky.

Would rather be playing a mid-table team than someone fighting for survival at this stage in the season.

They're also off the back of a 3-0 win away to Crewe.

I know our away record isn’t great, but we’ve won seven away games. No reason to believe that we won’t beat bottom of the league. Balance of probability is in our favour.

Yeah, its a game we definitely should win. Hopefully he goes with the strongest squad available.

FGR have been boosted by the return of Garrick, although if you look at their result against Stockport, they were absolutely dominated. 26% possession, 0.07 xG, 1 shot, 0 on target, 57% accurate passes. Genuinely don't think I've ever seen stats like that before, even in a Prem v National League FA cup game.

It took them until the 80th minute to even have a shot, let alone one on target (which they didn't achieve).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:37 am 

Yes we've won 7 away but couldn't even beat a team that hasn't won at home since late December and we didn't deserve to win Saturday either, looking forward to Forest Green Saturday just to try there Quorn Burgers and Stinging Nettle Beer....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:42 am 

every game at this stage of the season is tricky.

Fear, panic, nerves, occasion and stakes make what look like simple situations much more difficult for about half the league. Theres only a select few in the mid table who might happen to be playing each other that dont suffer it as bad but I would say this is usually by far the best part of the season where crazy results happen. Particularly if you are us.

There cant be many situations where a team has been battered 5-0 and followed it up with a 5-0 win all in the same league!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:42 pm 

Magpie wrote:

Fear, panic, nerves, occasion and stakes make what look like simple situations much more difficult for about half the league. Theres only a select few in the mid table who might happen to be playing each other that dont suffer it as bad but I would say this is usually by far the best part of the season where crazy results happen. Particularly if you are us.

There cant be many situations where a team has been battered 5-0 and followed it up with a 5-0 win all in the same league!

Yeah I was hoping someone might have a stat or two on that one

Can't recall a bigger swing of 10 points different ecross two games

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:31 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Magpie wrote:

Yeah I was hoping someone might have a stat or two on that one

Can't recall a bigger swing of 10 points different ecross two games

Exactly, MW out.