THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:00 pm 

The goalkeeper change at this stage of the season is a horrendous management mistake. What is he trying to prove? This is his first serious mistake and a huge one. Marshall should not be worth costing us promotion. If he plays another minute this season it should only be because Kelly is suspended/injured. Horrendous management by MW. A huge, huge mistake. Sort it the fuck out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:05 pm 

For all the success, I am furious at MW and hold him firmly accountable for most of our issues. Don't get me wrong, I am happy he's our manager but I am really, really starting to question some of his decisions.

How can he persist with Williams in at RCB over Norman for so long? I am certain that cost us quite a few points. Norman has been an absolute rock since coming back in.

How can he keep playing Wearne at LWB when Tomlinson is out? Is doesn't work.

The keeper situation is so, so disheartening. I knew auto's were out of the question, but I was genuinely excited for the play offs. Not any more.

Toby Lock ain't got the bottle to ask difficult questions though, so we're not going to get any justification from MW, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:08 pm 

Shame weve got journalists who arent proper journalists and feel indebted to the club for the access they get. We will never get the impartial necessary hard questions asked.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:33 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
For all the success, I am furious at MW and hold him firmly accountable for most of our issues. Don't get me wrong, I am happy he's our manager but I am really, really starting to question some of his decisions.

It doesn’t make you popular here to question MW. I did it a couple of months ago. There’s no grey, only black or white apparently.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:42 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Shame weve got journalists who arent proper journalists and feel indebted to the club for the access they get. We will never get the impartial necessary hard questions asked.

you'll find most local journos who cover Clubs are the same. , don't want to put the tea and bourbon biscuits in jeopardy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:49 pm 

Absolutely no point in complaining about Toby Lock. It's a compromised position he's not going to burn bridges.

Anyway, it's obvious that Toby and Luke play good cop, bad cop :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:57 pm 

Totally agree with everything that's been said. Even if, as I suspect, MW had to entice him to come to us with a promise of playing hours, he is like a rabbit in headlights and if us fans are nervous, I can't imagine what our defence is thinking.

The only people happy with this will be Aston Villa management who have got him off their books. I really am struggling to remember a goalkeeper with a worst influence, (I was was here when Aldofo Baines was the keeper!).

At best he's a national league keeper but frankly I would put him at least a league lower.

We haven't had the opportunity of seeing him at Gateshead but consider - Chelsea loaned us Cummings and look what he was like and you would expect a player of the same standard as a loanee.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:59 pm 

I don’t think MW wants auto promotion, think he’s looking for glory via a play off win at Wembley, why else would you put Marschall in goal for a must win game?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:00 pm 

Scribble wrote:
I don’t think MW wants auto promotion, think he’s looking for glory via a play off win at Wembley, why else would you put Marschall in goal for a must win game?

This. We need the extra games to pay for Marschalls loan fee.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:16 pm 

Pseudonym wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

It doesn’t make you popular here to question MW. I did it a couple of months ago. There’s no grey, only black or white apparently.

If only we had a podcast that would address such issues, rather than a collection of club indebted fan media that are as equally petrified to challenge anything. Oh well, never mind.