THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Managers choices
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:50 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Williamson is a massive ducking idiot making this change this late in the season. Absolutely horrific management which will cost us promotion. He needs to stop being so fucking stubborn, admit he’s made a mistake and play Kelly.

Agree

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:53 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Scum. wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Scum. wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Distribution - Kelly > Marschall
Shot stopping - Kelly > Marschall
Aerial ability - Kelly > Marschall
Awareness - Kelly > Marschall
Everything - Kelly > Marschall

Absolutely no one can say that Marschall plays because of his distribution, because Kelly is better than him at it.

Age and potential years in the game - Marschall > Kelly
Aston Villa vs Carlisle United (former clubs) - Marschall > Kelly
Poland vs Ireland - Marschall > Kelly
International career (U19) - Marschall > Kelly
Played 39 games for Gateshead vs 0 games - Marschall > Kelly

It’s not as cut and dry as you suggest.

Marschall has never played for Poland. He has two u19 England caps from three years ago. Marschall has played one game in Europe. Means fuck all when you can't catch a cold in league 2.

He will start every game now best to just deal with it. But I hate to say I told you so but I have been right since day one. It is a vanity thing. Marschall is his boy and there is fuck all we can do about it. We didn't need to do any of this. Mcgivillray has kept one clean sheet for Stevenage. One more than Marschall has done for us.

I didn’t say he played for Poland you thou fawning plume-plucked haggard.

I was saying he is Polish and Kelly is Irish but Poland is better than Ireland.

The U19 fact is already in my post.

Do better.

Don't be a fucking prick. He has played zero minutes for Poland. He was born in Cambridge. The fact that Poland u19s didn't come calling must speak volumes. I mean England is greater than Poland using your dumb logic. Sooooo l am so surprised he isn't challenging pickford for a euros start.

Ohhh and whoppy fucking do he played for Gateshead a team punching well above their weight. Compared to us who are looking to get out of league 2 ASAP. There is a lot more riding on him playing well for us. Which he just can't do. He is useless. We have kicked TWO keepers to the kerb for what fucking reason. A fucking vanity project and a dick waving contest. I was right since day fucking one that Williamson wanted his boy and sweeting was too much of a coward to say no

With you Mr Cool.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:55 pm 

The annoying thing about this whole episode is we scored 3 goals today and should have won. Our strikers were fantastic, and having both in scoring form and fit is a huge plus, plus Tezgel looks very handy as well as a third option up front.

If we had won today we would be really in with a chance of automatic promotion. I really like the manager but today was just a massive and unnecessary cock up that has done the club and both goalies no good at all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:02 pm 

Zen wrote:
The annoying thing about this whole episode is we scored 3 goals today and should have won. Our strikers were fantastic, and having both in scoring form and fit is a huge plus, plus Tezgel looks very handy as well as a third option up front.

If we had won today we would be really in with a chance of automatic promotion. I really like the manager but today was just a massive and unnecessary cock up that has done the club and both goalies no good at all.

Tezgel was excellent when he came on today. Has to start over Kemp on Saturday

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:19 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Zen wrote:

Tezgel was excellent when he came on today. Has to start over Kemp on Saturday

Yup, such a clever player. Little touches that open up play and get us attacking out of nothing. Kemp tries way too hard.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:34 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Scum. wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Scum. wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Scum. wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Distribution - Kelly > Marschall
Shot stopping - Kelly > Marschall
Aerial ability - Kelly > Marschall
Awareness - Kelly > Marschall
Everything - Kelly > Marschall

Absolutely no one can say that Marschall plays because of his distribution, because Kelly is better than him at it.

Age and potential years in the game - Marschall > Kelly
Aston Villa vs Carlisle United (former clubs) - Marschall > Kelly
Poland vs Ireland - Marschall > Kelly
International career (U19) - Marschall > Kelly
Played 39 games for Gateshead vs 0 games - Marschall > Kelly

It’s not as cut and dry as you suggest.

Marschall has never played for Poland. He has two u19 England caps from three years ago. Marschall has played one game in Europe. Means fuck all when you can't catch a cold in league 2.

He will start every game now best to just deal with it. But I hate to say I told you so but I have been right since day one. It is a vanity thing. Marschall is his boy and there is fuck all we can do about it. We didn't need to do any of this. Mcgivillray has kept one clean sheet for Stevenage. One more than Marschall has done for us.

I didn’t say he played for Poland you thou fawning plume-plucked haggard.

I was saying he is Polish and Kelly is Irish but Poland is better than Ireland.

The U19 fact is already in my post.

Do better.

Don't be a fucking prick. He has played zero minutes for Poland. He was born in Cambridge. The fact that Poland u19s didn't come calling must speak volumes. I mean England is greater than Poland using your dumb logic. Sooooo l am so surprised he isn't challenging pickford for a euros start.

Ohhh and whoppy fucking do he played for Gateshead a team punching well above their weight. Compared to us who are looking to get out of league 2 ASAP. There is a lot more riding on him playing well for us. Which he just can't do. He is useless. We have kicked TWO keepers to the kerb for what fucking reason. A fucking vanity project and a dick waving contest. I was right since day fucking one that Williamson wanted his boy and sweeting was too much of a coward to say no

Precisely you villainous ill-breeding pigeon-egg. Poland wanted him but England got him first. Who has Kelly played for? Ireland’s national team isn’t on the same level as England. So Marschall > Kelly as I said.

Kept zero clean sheets in those two games. As I say, means sweet fuck all. He is so out of his depth there better be a lifeguard on duty every game. Man is a liability no sort of window dressing will change that. How the fuck did Sweeting sign off on this utter bollocks is beyond me and as others have said our already frail defence don't trust him. It seems like the only ones that do are you and Williamson and even then I hope you are just being facetious.

Me? Never.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:29 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Williamson is a massive ducking idiot making this change this late in the season. Absolutely horrific management which will cost us promotion. He needs to stop being so fucking stubborn, admit he’s made a mistake and play Kelly.

Agree

Sounds like he's done the first part. Now we wait for the second.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:58 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Agree

See I don't see it as that. Ok I was a bit drunk but there was a bit in it where he sounds like he doesn't care that Marschall played yesterday. I think he realised he made this mess but not sorry that he was playing him as I sware he said something along the lines of I don't care. No man is just gutted that the honeymoon is over and that he has to take account for playing a man who is out of his depth. Buck stops with him and if we don't go up I am sure the Williamson love in will stop. For all the good he has done the one thing he didn't need to cock about with is biting us on the arse big time and he is just pissed that people will point finger at him. And so they should.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:12 am 

To be fair, MW said the County result was on him.

I completely agree. I just hope its for the reasons we all think:

1. Playing Marschall over Kelly
2. Playing Wearne as LWB rather than moving Harvie back to that position and putting Lewie in as LWB.
3. Generally favouring attack at the expense of defence.

..But I doubt it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:41 am 

Pseudonym wrote:
To be fair, MW said the County result was on him.

I completely agree. I just hope its for the reasons we all think:

1. Playing Marschall over Kelly
2. Playing Wearne as LWB rather than moving Harvie back to that position and putting Lewie in as LWB.
3. Generally favouring attack at the expense of defence.

..But I doubt it.

The whole Wearne at left back thing is just crazy, especially away from home. As soon as that line up went out, seeing Marschall in goal and Wearne at LWB, you just knew we were in for a tough time. I know managers know a lot more than us about football and the tactical side of things, but this is definitely something we got right and Williamson got wrong. I know its easy to say we were right after the game, but this was all called well before. We'd seen the GK and we'd see Wearne play LWB previously and it just doesn't work at all.

I've definitely lost a bit of faith in MW after yesterday. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he played Wearne at LWB before, but to do it again yesterday and persist for the whole game is insanity.

He doesn't want to play Lewi though, unfortunately. He's yet to learn that what Lewi lacks in speed/agility, he makes up for in defensive awareness and positioning.

We win that game yesterday with Kelly in goal and Lewi on the pitch with Harvie at LWB. Manager has cost us 2 points and remaining chance of auto's.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next