THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Managers choices
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:45 pm 

He could have Beckhams or Ronaldo's statues as they look more like him than Beckham or Ronaldo.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:21 pm 

Credit where its due - he has rung in the changes for FGR. Not sure if Norman at RCB was one of the "mistakes" he alluded to before - but so be it.

If he had persisted with FM in goal and Wearne at LWB, my opinion of him would have gone significantly down. Lets hope this side does the job now and can stay fit for the last few games.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:46 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Credit where its due - he has rung in the changes for FGR. Not sure if Norman at RCB was one of the "mistakes" he alluded to before - but so be it.

If he had persisted with FM in goal and Wearne at LWB, my opinion of him would have gone significantly down. Lets hope this side does the job now and can stay fit for the last few games.

No chance he was talking about Norman. Definitely Marschall and maybe also Wearne at LWB.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:19 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
AB4 wrote:
Magpie wrote:
The biggest surprise for me is that anyone is surprised that Marschall started yesterday. I was shocked that he didnt start against Walsall.

Its seem pretty obvious to me that Marschall is MWs first choice. Whether thats by his own unhindered decision making or has external factors influencing him I dont know but either way, the pick seemed inevitable to me. Im much less certain who will play in goal against FGR. Everything but everything says it should be Kelly but with only 4 games left and hopefully a playoff campaign, I can totally see MW sticking with Marschall and hoping he can find some form.

The easy ride that MW is getting over not picking Lewington is I believe because most of the fans can see the decline. A near 40 year old, returning from one of if not the worst, then the longest injury lay offs of his career, to be kind he is at least a stone overweight probably more and when he did get back in the team, his form became poor and several bad mistakes were made.

I understand the love a huge proportion of the fanbase have for him and how difficult it will be when he has to hang up his boots but his career is very close to the end now and I would rather he were to finish at a relative high rather than plod on and finish a fantastic career with journeyman performances.

Agree about the realisation that Lewie is finally on the decline to an end. He's always bounced back to form relatively quickly but hasn't been great since coming back. He could still get there as he seems to defy his own age most of the time but has slipped behind Harvie in the pecking order. MW seems to like playing ex-full/wing backs as CB anyway which isn't helping Lewie.
If we do go up, playing in L1 might be the final straw for Lewie's playing days

He is out of contract in June. He has beaten the record for more appearences which is what I would have wanted him to do but let's be honest, 1 we can't rely on him forever. 2. He is not the man he once was and has been liable for some howlers this season. It's time for him to call it a day and I hope he gets a fucking good send off and a statue outside the club shop. The man will always be a legend and will always be welcome at the club I am sure of it

I didn't get to listen until 75 mins and he was still going - although I have no idea how well he had played.
I DID however smile when Toby Lock (I think) said something like "so and so (from FG) tried a challenge on Dean Lewington there and has come off worst". :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:51 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
AB4 wrote:
Magpie wrote:
The biggest surprise for me is that anyone is surprised that Marschall started yesterday. I was shocked that he didnt start against Walsall.

Its seem pretty obvious to me that Marschall is MWs first choice. Whether thats by his own unhindered decision making or has external factors influencing him I dont know but either way, the pick seemed inevitable to me. Im much less certain who will play in goal against FGR. Everything but everything says it should be Kelly but with only 4 games left and hopefully a playoff campaign, I can totally see MW sticking with Marschall and hoping he can find some form.

The easy ride that MW is getting over not picking Lewington is I believe because most of the fans can see the decline. A near 40 year old, returning from one of if not the worst, then the longest injury lay offs of his career, to be kind he is at least a stone overweight probably more and when he did get back in the team, his form became poor and several bad mistakes were made.

I understand the love a huge proportion of the fanbase have for him and how difficult it will be when he has to hang up his boots but his career is very close to the end now and I would rather he were to finish at a relative high rather than plod on and finish a fantastic career with journeyman performances.

Agree about the realisation that Lewie is finally on the decline to an end. He's always bounced back to form relatively quickly but hasn't been great since coming back. He could still get there as he seems to defy his own age most of the time but has slipped behind Harvie in the pecking order. MW seems to like playing ex-full/wing backs as CB anyway which isn't helping Lewie.

He is out of contract in June. He has beaten the record for more appearences which is what I would have wanted him to do but let's be honest, 1 we can't rely on him forever. 2. He is not the man he once was and has been liable for some howlers this season. It's time for him to call it a day and I hope he gets a fucking good send off and a statue outside the club shop. The man will always be a legend and will always be welcome at the club I am sure of it

I didn't get to listen until 75 mins and he was still going - although I have no idea how well he had played.
I DID however smile when Toby Lock (I think) said something like "so and so (from FG) tried a challenge on Dean Lewington there and has come off worst". :lol:

Played very, very well. Was just the rock you expect him to be.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:27 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
AB4 wrote:
Magpie wrote:

Played very, very well. Was just the rock you expect him to be.[/quote
]
That is great (though not unexpected) to hear.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8